5.0 out of 5 stars A fine wine for anyone.
Published 1 month ago by Steins-brother

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Sweet for me
I thought I'd give this a try after enjoying a bottle of Choya Sake. It's much sweeter than I'd expected, a little bit like cough medicine, not really to my liking. I think this probably appeals to people who like Red Bull. I'll stick to sake which is a much more delicate flavour.
Published 3 days ago by Rupert

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine wine for anyone., 26 Sep 2014
This review is from: Choya Original Ume Plum Fortified Wine 75 cl (Case of 2) (Grocery)
I would highly recommend this wine, its great tasting with a smooth fruit flavour but it isn't over powering either and is usable in cooking desserts as well if your looking for something different. You get a lot for the money with it being a case of two, well not case but well protected in bubble-wrap, either way I've brought a few of these and never had one break, so excellent care on delivery as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Sweet for me, 19 Nov 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and sour plum 'wine' but more than that!, 26 Dec 2013
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
"Made from Steeping ripe green Ume fruit in Shochu" - ume are plums from the prunus mume tree, and shochu ('burnt liquor') is an old-fashioned japanese drink made from fermented barley or rice with a distinctive sweet/sour taste. Alcohol content is 10%. Apparently this drink is very popular in Japan.
I bought it because friends coming back from HK had bought me a bottle of Choya extra aged, which I loved. When it was finished i checked UK availability, but it is *very* expensive, so I thought I would try this version: same brand, but without the aging (or the plums in the bottle). I think this is very nice too, but not as wonderful (and i use the term on purpose!) as the aged Choya. More affordable, though, and very drinkabel. I enjoy it after a nice meal as an 'digestif' for which it is purrfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars ... who enjoys plum wine this seemed to be a good choice. It is however far to sweet for ..., 14 Oct 2014
As someone who enjoys plum wine this seemed to be a good choice. It is however far to sweet for me. It was a very pleasant drink - just far to sweet to drink more than one glass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
If you like Japanese Plum Wine, you'll like this. For the price you pay - it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Sep 2014