5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent radio alarm clock.
Published 9 months ago by Francis Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars Has performance issues...
I have another Roberts radio, a Solar DAB, and I couldn't live without it, it's fantastic! Roberts is a respected name, but, this Clock Radio from them has issues.

First the good...
* The OLED display is nice, and can be seen clearly at night.
Published 18 months ago by Mike J

3.0 out of 5 stars Has performance issues..., 25 Sept. 2013
Mike J (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Roberts ECO15 DAB/DAB+/FM RDS Digital Clock Radio with OLED Display (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

First the good...
* The OLED display is nice, and can be seen clearly at night.
* I like the sleep function which can be set to various time periods from say 15min to 90min by just pressing the sleep button until the time you want pops up. I find I get to sleep much quicker listening to the radio, but if it stays on, it wakes me up later. The sleep feature is something I desperately wish my other Roberts radio had. Even just listening to the Radio while getting ready for work in the morning, pop sleep on, and you don't have to worry about turning it off before you leave.
* It is fairly easy to use, although I did have to use the instruction leaflet, so not totally intuitive.
* It does look very smart.

Now the bad...
* The audio is clear, but very lightweight, no depth or body and certainly no bass. This is fine for me as I only listen to LBC talk radio, but switching between this and the other Roberts is like switching between Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and All Bran!
* I struggled to get a clear signal with it. It has a cable as an aerial, and I have now got it in a place where I get a clear signal, but it took me a lot of playing about. I get drop outs on this radio when it's in the same place as the other radio, which doesn't.

By all means get a Roberts, but maybe not this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clock Radio with a bad habit !, 20 Jan. 2014
Very disapointing quality, looks OK but is most unreliable, frequently stopping for no apparent reason. The only redeeming feature is that it resets the time after disconnecting and reconnecting the power. I have been told that 'Roberts' has been bought out and that the products are now just carrying the name which may go some way to explaining the lowering of standards.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent radio alarm clock., 19 Jun. 2014
I bought this to replace an old cheap radio alarm of poor quality which gave me problems since I bought it.This radio alarm was a big surprise.Very easy to set up and get going,very straight forward controls.PLugged it in and it set the time itself.The DAB tuner scanned without any problem.In very little time I had the five preset DAB stations all locked in.Excellent DAB reception,FM reception was also surprisingly good giving a nice clear sound.The sound quality is excellent from the single speaker.Reception is crystal clear on both DAB and FM bands.Bothe buzzer and the radio wake up alarm have a very nice feature,starting very quietly and increasing in volume.You can also select how long you want the alarm to sound for.Two different alarms can be set allowing one alarm for the weekdays and another for weekends also a one time alarm can be selected.In my opinion this is the ideal radio alarm.
I would recommend this radio alarm clock to anyone who is looking to replace an old radio or as a present.Very nice LED display with adjustable brightness.All in all an excellent bit of kit,very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious wakiing, 8 Sept. 2013
Decided that my alarm clock radio needed to be digital... since everything else was. It arrived within a couple of days. It took no time at all to set it up from the very simple instructions. The sound quality is excellent and the gentleness of the increasing volume as the alarm first starts brings you around gently within a few seconds. No sudden alarm... just a gentle wakening. I can't say any more its just great. Thank you Roberts another get radio product

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally Good, 26 Feb. 2014
The pros:
Clear display with sensible brightness settings
Flexible alarm settings
Clear sound

The cons:
The only way to see what alarms you have set is to use the setting wizard. The display is plenty large enough to show this in the initial alarm screen
If you set a radio alarm and wake up before it goes off and switch on the radio, the alarm switches the radio off.
The scrolling text doesn't finish scrolling off the screen when new text is available making it look jarring.

However these are minor niggles, I like the alarm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all I need it to do., 3 Jan. 2014
Does everything I require of a radio alarm. I listen to it through the night changing stations quite often which is easy to somewhen you are half asleep. The features are fairly easy to use, I only needed the instructions to set it up and then very occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good choice., 14 Aug. 2013
Like many others my last clock radio expired after approx 4 years and was the 'Pure Siesta', and for what they cost is atrocious. So was looking for something easy to operate and have the basics for all you require in a bedside radio alarm. I chose the Roberts as they seem to be a leader in radio these days and have a good choice. Ordered from Amazon on a Monday evening and it now sits next to my bed Wednesday lunchtime, very easily set up from out of box, unbelievably easy in fact! The test now is how long it lasts.......great purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Developed a fault, 13 Mar. 2014
S. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
I received this for Christmas and was generally happy with it for four months. However it has now developed a fault - the buzzer turns on for a minute at 14:22 every day. Lucky it does not occur at night as this would have made it unusable.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a Pure Siesta for five years and I’m quite pleased that it’s just broken (the wire ‘pigtail’ aerial came ..., 11 Jan. 2015
I owned a Pure Siesta for five years and I’m quite pleased that it’s just broken (the wire ‘pigtail’ aerial came off). It was the least user friendly DAB radio I’ve ever owned. It had no one-touch presets and setting the alarm was complicated and easy to get wrong. A friend bought me the Siesta, but I have now replaced it with the Roberts Ecologic 15 and I’m glad I did. The basic functions on this clock/radio are extremely easy to set up. Indeed, the clock set itself and the autoscan operated automatically when I plugged it in. I only needed the guide book to set the 2 alarms. There are five preset buttons for your favourite channels (and you can set another five on FM), which is an essential feature for me. The whole design is user friendly and logical. One reviewer complains about his DAB reception, but that isn't a problem for me and it’s easy to check the signal in your area (there’s a postcode search on the Roberts’ website).

Setting the alarm(s) is easy after a look at the instructions and that was a relief after the Siesta. You can set how long you want the alarm to sound for and set it to radio or buzzer. If you set it to wake with the radio it comes on at the volume it’s set to. I don’t use it, but there’s a ‘Sleep’ button that can turn the radio off after a set period. Once again it’s easy to set and you scroll through the options with just one button. The display is slightly disappointing in one minor respect because it just shows an ‘A’ when you’ve set the alarm and doesn’t tell you which of the two possible alarms are on. The brightness of the display can be turned to low, medium, high or off completely at night. Again, it’s a one button operation. There are the usual options for the display, including scrolling text or time and date. I’d like to see both, but that option isn’t available and it’s a minor quibble. I like this clock/radio and it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. If I had a bigger bedside table or listened to the radio more often in the bedroom, I’d take a close look at the Roberts 80, which is a superior radio and has an alarm function. Roberts’ website provides good pictures and detailed product information. Unfortunately, it was still cheaper to buy from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but occasionally freezes., 1 Mar. 2014
Mr. O. George "Lamentes" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
A very good radio with good sound and alarms. Mine however has frozen 3 times on seperate, random nights and each time has had to be reset by turning off and on again. Each time this happened the alarm did not go off.