5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit but use my settings first!
First things first you need to buy an optical cable.... All optical cables under a certain length are the same quality so one from the pound shop will do the trick. You don't get one in the box.

Published 3 months ago by D Ikin

3.0 out of 5 stars Halfway There.
I ordered this item and the digital optical audio cable on 25th December and received delivery of the Soundbar on 28th December. So far so good. No cable as yet.

As many others have stated this item didn't work, no sound output whatsoever. As I had a Samsung LED Smart TV about 12 months old I assumed it would work, it didn't. I contacted Samsung support by...
Published 8 months ago by Hill Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit but use my settings first!, 29 May 2014
D Ikin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung HW-F350 40 inch Soundbar with 3D Sound Plus (Electronics)

The speakers have a lovely tone to them and the subwoofer provides that extra deep bass that you love when you are at the cinema. When you crank the sound up high there is very little distortion... I'm very very happy with this item!

The optimum settings you need for this soundbar as follows. Unless you use them then the soundbar can sound pretty average..trust me!

Bass +4
Sound effect - off
3d sound plus - movie
Smart volume - on
Drc - standard

Enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar, 23 Mar 2014
After doing a fair amount of research, both in-store and on-line, I bought the soundbar direct from Amazon as it was the cheapest supplier by just a few pence from one other company but significantly cheaper than all the other companys advertising it. It was very simple to set up and the quality of sound produced is remarkable. I had not been aware just how poor the Samsung LED TV's own speakers were, it didn't sound that bad at all although there was no real way of comparing it with anything else of course. The various settings, News, Drama, Cinema, Music etc are all quite different and amply demonstrate the advantages over the in-built speakers. I wouldn't be without it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference in sound, 3 Oct 2013
This is attached to a series 6 37 inch samsung LED with optical cable and the difference in sound is amazing. It is not surround but for the price it does give a good depth to sound and watching movies is so much more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential accessory if you are buying a samsung LED TV, 9 Dec 2013
Very happy with it. Does what we wanted. The sound quality is good. Had to buy an optical cable as not supplied with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improves sound quality 100%, 29 Dec 2013
I purchased this soundbar a few weeks ago so have had plenty of time to experience it's full potential. Firstly you need to purchase an optical digital cable to connect it to your tv ( this is not included ). This will give you the best possible sound quality. Previous reviews have said it can sound echo-y. I find it's more of an enhancement of the sound than echo-y. It's no longer of a struggle hearing the speech when watching a movie. I only use my soundbar when watching movies because I believe this is what they are designed for and not for listening to the news,etc. As I am writing this review I am watching iron man 3 and the sound is amazing. You will hear sounds that you will have never heard before through your tv. You do need to tweak with the settings on your remote to get the sound that suits you. I have mine set to cinema effect. I have turned the subwoofer level set to +4 to give a deep bass sound and have increased the audio sync so the lip sync and sound match up. The problem with a lot of the reviews on here are that people don't set their soundbars up correctly. If you don't change any of the settings you probably would be dissappointed. My advice would be to play around with the settings and get the sound effect that suits you best. I cannot fault this soundbar especially for its price, there probably are far better ones on the market like Bose, Sonos, etc but you will have to pay top end price. If you are looking for a reasonable priced soundbar that will improve your movie watching experience then this is definitely for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Sound, 6 Jan 2014
This sound bar is excellent I can now hear the TV without it having to be a full blast, Brilliant highly recommend this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job!, 17 April 2014
My boyfriend sent me a link for this sound bar, considerably cheaper than the one seen in Currys.
This model does not have the connect via blue tooth feature, however this is not a problem.
I ordered this product on a Monday & I was quoted it to arrive the following Monday, however, it arrived 3 days later which was an added bonus!
The bar was easy to set up & hangs underneath the tv on the tv stand. The bar is very discreet.
A good sound is produced via the bar, perfectly adequate for our needs.
I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true cinematic experience!, 9 Jan 2014
I got this product for my 40" Samsung LED 3D TV and I am more than impressed!

The soundbar alone has a very good clear sound that is better than the speakers built into my TV, and my TV speakers are excellent. But the subwoofer is what truly makes this soundbar special!

The Subwoofer makes you feel like you're actually in the cinema! It doesn't only sound amazing with scenes involving explosions but it often makes relatively quiet scenes sound very immersive and impressive.

As for the surround sound aspect of things, I have this in a relatively small room and the surround sound properties aren't that noticeable. However what is noticeable is the amazing sound itself that does fill up the entire room in that respect but not in a way that it feels like the sound is actually coming from various points in the room.

Although, saying that, I was watching a horror film on Blu-ray, "REC 2" if you must know :), and there were a few scenes in the film where people were shouting over to each other and talking and it almost felt like some of the voices were coming from behind me. Which made things even scarier as it was a horror movie.

I haven't had the soundbar that long, only for a few weeks, so I probably haven't had enough time to experience it's full potential. I also believe that the fact the sound bar is in a small room is causing the surround sound to be more ineffective.

One of the things I love about this soundbar is, when watching a movie I've seen before it's like watching it for the first time again, because you hear sounds you could never hear before. All the small details that you just can't experience from standard built-in speakers on the TV.

So, in conclusion, this product is excellent. I can't complain and it well deserves a 5 star rating. I recommend this 100%!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 Jun 2013
Easy to set-up and looks good under a Samsung LED tv. Excellent sound quality for the price. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased., 18 Mar 2014
This is a really good product. The sound is great and I can plug in my iPad too. Delivery was prompt. You do need an optical lead though.

Samsung HW-F350 40 inch Soundbar with 3D Sound Plus