5.0 out of 5 stars The Routledege Atlas
It was what I wanted the information I was looking for was in the atlas and help me know how thank you
Published 12 months ago by john bowe

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what i expected.
I was actually looking for a book with the detailed maps of the Western Front, perhaps overlaid onto modern maps, so one could plot out the trench lines & see the "ebb & flow" of the battlefront, which this book doesn't give - nor, as I discovered, does it set out to give you that sort of detail. So, if that is what you are looking for - don't get this book...
Published on 31 May 2009 by Fuzzy Bear

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what i expected., 31 May 2009
I was actually looking for a book with the detailed maps of the Western Front, perhaps overlaid onto modern maps, so one could plot out the trench lines & see the "ebb & flow" of the battlefront, which this book doesn't give - nor, as I discovered, does it set out to give you that sort of detail. So, if that is what you are looking for - don't get this book!

However, what it does do is give, in map form, all sorts of obscure information, such as the routes of the Zepplin raids over England, as well as a general overview of the various "big pushes" (colloquial terminology for a collosal waste of life for a few yards of chalky or mud filled waste land), so in that respect it is unusual, informative and clearly presented.

If you are a real student of WWI, then it is a useful addition to your library. If you are a trying to see where a relative fell in battle, get a feel for the topography of a particular attack, then this book is not for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Routledege Atlas, 8 Dec 2013