5.0 out of 5 stars Manvex Surface Pro Cover
I purchased the Microsoft Surface Pro - finally - in the UK only to find they did not offer a a protective cover as an accessory.

My search for a cover began and obtained what I considered was an awkward to operate cover and began another search.

Published 16 months ago by Joe

1.0 out of 5 stars manvex slim leather case for surface pro 2 **updated**
Ok, took the risk and bought this item as it fitted all aspects I was after too tuck my expensive bit of kit in.

The case it self is of good quality and the surface (at new) fits nice and snug.

Published 13 months ago by sidney

1.0 out of 5 stars manvex slim leather case for surface pro 2 **updated**, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Manvex Leather Case for the Microsoft Surface PRO Tablet **NOW COMPATIBLE with the SURFACE PRO 2 / ALSO WORKS with both Microsoft Keyboards!** | Built-in Stand with Multiple Viewing Angles with Stylus Holder - Black/Gray (Personal Computers)

The problem comes when I attach my type 2 keyboard, again fits ok case over comes problem of being slightly thicker by providing you with a nice elastic strap, problem comes when I want to use the keyboard. It will not work while it is in the case!! it works out side, and while am sliding it in to said case, but once in the thing just will not work.

So for my use is not fit for purpose and have to rate it as such. If I wanted it for just the tablet with no keyboard then it might well be the thing for you.

Returned !!!

***update***** 12/12/13*****
Well they listened and the product was sorted, so I reordered and it works perfectly, thank you.

Now that the issue with the keyboard is sorted the is most definitely 5* stuff. Love it and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Manvex Surface Pro Cover, 10 July 2013

I came across the Manvex Slim and Compact Leather Folio Case Cover on Amazon.com which unfortunately was not available for shipping to the UK and had to have it shipped to a colleague in the USA, who kindly posted to me on receipt.

My wait and additional cost was worth it entirely!

The quality and feel of the cover is superb for a PU leather case. The fit for the Surface was excellent and securely held with a velcro fastener, allowing full screen stroke/touch operation. The use operation is equally good and comparable with the standard iPad case. The cover allows accommodation of the 'Touch' keyboard, which can be operated without 'rock', during key depressions. Closing is simple and held magnetically(without the keyboard) and has an elastic retainer for secure closing when the keyboard is fitted! The main advantage is the Surface 'Angle' can be adjusted to suit user preference, as opposed to the Surface's fixed stand angle. Operating the Surface on the 'Lap' is more convenient because of the variable angle adjustment, with or without a keyboard fitted.

The Manvex Slim and Compact Leather Folio Case Cover is THE cover for anyone who values protecting their Surface, but more importantly I believe even more convenient for an easier Surface operation!

I sent feedback to Manvex regarding the un-availability in the UK and they have taken immediate action, hence it is now here (subject to stock because of demand for an excellent product)- probably!

Enjoy!

Joe Mulcahy
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Solved problem with keyboard in Manvex case, 9 Nov 2013
I seem to have figured out a solution to the problem of the keyboard not working when the tablet is in the case. Without the case but with the Type Cover keyboard attached, when you fold the keyboard closed the tablet goes to sleep. This seems to be caused by the single magnet on the front left of the keyboard. I can't detect any magnet on the front right of the keyboard. It is located near the front left corner of the keyboard, about an inch from the front and an inch and a half from the left edge. Now if you examine the Manvex case when it's open you can feel two small rectangular magnets at the top front corners which match up with another two magnets in the case flap when you close the case to keep the case closed. The problem is that the top left one, although not quite in the same relative location as the one on the keyboard, it causes the tablet to go to sleep sometimes but almost always seems to be the cause on the keyboard not working if the tablet doesn't go to sleep.
My temporary solution has been to fold a business card in half and in half again and push it into the top left corner between the tablet and the magnet. Of course this doesn't shield the magnet but does seem to put enough space between it and whatever little switch there is inside that part of the tablet to weaken the effect. A permanent solution would seem to be a magnet shield placed behind that magnet, see this video [...]
Manvex, please do this and send me a replacement case :)
Another thing I figured out is where to put the keyboard without losing it when using the Surface in tablet mode. Attach it backwards, fold it to the back and fold the case flap back over it.
I would also like to have a safer place for the pen. Why not make the front and back of the case about half an inch wider so it hides where the pen is now stored. Also improve the elastic holder, longer and maybe made of leather? I would prefer to pay a bit more for this feature than repeatedly pay for new pens when they get lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Manvex Surface Pro Cover, 4 Nov 2013
Eoin Armstrong (Ireland) - See all my reviews
When I got it I was puzzled... the Surface Pro didn't fit and I almost rage-returned the case! However, once I detached the keyboard, slid the unit inside the case, and reattached the velcro. I found that the keyboard fits nicely underneath and attaches with no problem. The elasticated band is required to keep it firmly closed, though. Might help if instructions (believe it or not!) came with the thing: I almost returned it.

Looks good and is a snug fit. Interesting and effective design... but not entirely idiot proof lol!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but had to take scissors to it in places, 29 Jun 2014
It's a nice case, looks nice, feels nice, I do like it and am still using it to this day but I have found that I could not charge it in its case whilst in an upright position without the surface keyboard attached (I don't have one) as the surface slips down a little bit, not much but more than enough to prevent the charger from connecting properly, I was able to 'very carefully' cut away the material a bit to allow more room for the charger to connect and now it charges fine when upright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional protective cover for Surface tablet, 11 April 2014
The Manvex case is of excellent manufacture quality and looks professional and elegant. It fits my Surface Pro tablet perfectly and has cut-outs in all the right places to allow the type keyboard to be fitted and all external connections to be made without any obstruction. I particularly like that it allows the screen to be set at variable angles.

4.0 out of 5 stars An issue with Type Cover keyboard, 2 Nov 2013
Overall I think it's great but until just an hour ago I was unable to get the keyboard working while in the case. I couldn't see why because the Surface Pro 2 looked perfectly attached to the Type Cover keyboard even on very close examination. I finally got the keyboard working by just pushing the tablet down slightly forcibly onto the keyboard while in the case.

Apart from above I really like the case. It looks very good, it feels very good. It seems very good quality to me.

Please note the keyboard is the original Type Cover, NOT version 2. And the tablet is the Surface Pro 2. From the details I've read on the new battery Type Cover it probably won't fit in the case and allow it to close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple angle stand & qualitiy of the material, 23 Oct 2013
I like the multiple angle stand for a wide range of views and quality of the leather.
Protects by absorbing shock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protecting the Surface..., 18 July 2014
Dr. G. SPORTON "groggery1" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Sturdy and well designed, this is an excellet case for protecting your Surface. I especially appreciate the variation in angles you can get, given that the device itself stands up too proud with its own stand. No impediment to accessing the ports, well made, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what's needed to make the Surface Pro a real pleasure to use....., 18 Oct 2014
Just what I wanted to:

(a) protect my Surface and
(b) make it comfortable and practical to use.

I spent a long time searching and researching for this..... until I found it I wasn't quite happy with my Surface pro.

The case looks great, feels nice, does the job perfectly and really works both with or without the detachable keyboard.

More or less PERFECT!