Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 December 2013
I love Blake's voice. This album is full of up tempo songs and ballads, I do love his ballads, 'Mine Would be You' is a lovely song. There is not one song I don't like it's just a shame you only get the two extra tracks with the download version.

I ordered this from a Seller based in Germany. It did take two weeks to arrive but was a good price and worth the wait.
on 11 August 2013
Probably like quite a few people, I became aware of Blake Shelton through the American version of the Voice. I bought this album purely for its first track - The boys round here, which I don't think I will ever get tired of, but was pleased to find I have enjoyed the rest of the album hugely. So if you are hovering about whether to buy it or not, I would say go for it.
on 21 June 2013
I have been a fan of Blake Shelton since his first album back in 2001 and he can do no wrong at the moment, he is country music's biggest male star. He has won the CMA male vocalist award for the last 3 years and appears on the US TV show 'The voice', which seams to produce many 'hard to get' duets with him in the UK. Come on Amazon UK!

I'm still not sure about this album on the whole, maybe a few more listening's and I'll make up my mind. Several of the critics in America have said it sounds rush released. It's not quite as strong as his superb last album 'Red river blue', but it's good enough, and with 2 big hits already with 'Boys round here' & 'It'll sure be cool if you did' it will do his career no harm. There are some excellent songs with 'Come a little closer', 'Small town big time' 'Lay low' & 'I still got a finger' none of which I'm sure will be released to radio, they're not radio friendly. Most of the other songs are standard country themes and songs and he sings them well. I'm sure this album will go Platinum in the States though, especially after a couple of other songs become hits, he's too big at the moment for it not too.

Point of note yet again, when are record companies gonna stop this ridiculous issue of 'deluxe editions'. I had to download the 2 missing tracks which are not on the regular CD version, very annoying!
on 26 March 2013
I confess that I was initially introduced to Blake Shelton's music during the summer of 2011. I had heard his "Honey Bee" song from the Now 39 compilation (which I reviewed on August 24, 2011) and a fun concert of his that I attended back in February 2012. I had also decided to give the "Based On A True Story" a chance because of his Red River Blue cd (which is pretty good). "God Gave Me You", one of his songs from "Red River Blue" is both an uplifting song and has a music video available online that symbolizes the great love that Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert have for each other. However, I am also somewhat familiar with multiple 80's/90's songs from the country music genre because my late adoptive mother and older sister both enjoyed and listened to country music frequently as I was growing up. Additionally, I was initially exposed to country music in my early childhood due to the fact that my maternal grandmother also listened to country music. "Based On A True Story" is even better than "Red River Blue" and contains among the following intense songs: Boys Round Here (feat. Pistol Annies & Friends), "Sure Be Cool If You Did", "Do You Remember", "Country On The Radio", "Doin What She Likes", "My Eyes" (feat. Gwen Sebastian),"Mine Would Be You", and "Ten Times Crazier." It is only a wild guess, but it appears that some of the happy love songs from "Based On A True Story" are a positive tribute to his wife Miranda Lambert. "Based On A True Story" by Blake Shelton is good for those who are open to listening to modern country music with songs that cover the various facets of love and living life.
on 28 March 2014
Was introduced to country music by my girlfirend who likes Clint Black. Got some really great songs on this album with a variety of up beat rocky tunes and laid back love songs. Good to sign along to.
on 24 October 2013
Best birthday present I got the husband this year apparently hahahaha. Any country fans should have a listen to this guy even i'm toe -tapping.
on 11 March 2015
Blake is extremely talented and it's he's thought my bank account is taking such a hit, after hearing just one song from an old album (Nobody but me - Barn and Grill) he's southern accent is still strong as he moves the music up a tempo, probably an influence of working on the voice U, but the raw southern words are tugging at your heart. Girls will fall in love with him, boys will relate to the words. Check it out and you won't be disappointed
on 27 January 2014
This cd was exactly what I want with a good mix of songs prefect to play on the car and sing along to
on 9 May 2013
Another top class country album from Blake Shelton, every track is excellent, this guy just gets better & better, would recommend to any country fan or anyone who appreciates great lyrics and classy tunes, can't praise it enough, buy & enjoy!!! If you are new to Blake I also urge you to purchase Red River Blue, an absolute Gem of an album.
on 29 January 2016
First Country CD I've ever purchased and it'd sure be cool if you did purchase it too cause Blake does an awesome job on it.

Always listen to 8. I Still got a Finger every time i'm pissed off at someone or something and it cheers me up straightaway.