5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
I love Blake's voice. This album is full of up tempo songs and ballads, I do love his ballads, 'Mine Would be You' is a lovely song. There is not one song I don't like it's just a shame you only get the two extra tracks with the download version.

Published 8 months ago by Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Good modern pop country
Blake Shelton has upset a few with his outspoken remarks in recent times but he is probably right in what he says whether the critics like it or not. Country music cannot remain static, it must evolve to survive. However, he should let his music do the talking. This is country music with crossover appeal. It is not traditional country, it is 'pop' country. The songs are...
Published 17 months ago by Musicfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 Dec 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)

I ordered this from a Seller based in Germany. It did take two weeks to arrive but was a good price and worth the wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
Best birthday present I got the husband this year apparently hahahaha. Any country fans should have a listen to this guy even i'm toe -tapping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore this album, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
Probably like quite a few people, I became aware of Blake Shelton through the American version of the Voice. I bought this album purely for its first track - The boys round here, which I don't think I will ever get tired of, but was pleased to find I have enjoyed the rest of the album hugely. So if you are hovering about whether to buy it or not, I would say go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from Blake...., 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
If you like Blake Shelton, then you will not be disappointed! This is a fantastic album. I have got Blake's previous album and this one is just as good....

5.0 out of 5 stars Blake Shelton's Musical Story, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
I confess that I was initially introduced to Blake Shelton's music during the summer of 2011. I had heard his "Honey Bee" song from the Now 39 compilation (which I reviewed on August 24, 2011) and a fun concert of his that I attended back in February 2012. I had also decided to give the "Based On A True Story" a chance because of his Red River Blue cd (which is pretty good). "God Gave Me You", one of his songs from "Red River Blue" is both an uplifting song and has a music video available online that symbolizes the great love that Blake Shelton and his wife Miranda Lambert have for each other. However, I am also somewhat familiar with multiple 80's/90's songs from the country music genre because my late adoptive mother and older sister both enjoyed and listened to country music frequently as I was growing up. Additionally, I was initially exposed to country music in my early childhood due to the fact that my maternal grandmother also listened to country music. "Based On A True Story" is even better than "Red River Blue" and contains among the following intense songs: Boys Round Here (feat. Pistol Annies & Friends), "Sure Be Cool If You Did", "Do You Remember", "Country On The Radio", "Doin What She Likes", "My Eyes" (feat. Gwen Sebastian),"Mine Would Be You", and "Ten Times Crazier." It is only a wild guess, but it appears that some of the happy love songs from "Based On A True Story" are a positive tribute to his wife Miranda Lambert. "Based On A True Story" by Blake Shelton is good for those who are open to listening to modern country music with songs that cover the various facets of love and living life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the car and my Girlfriend likes it too, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
Was introduced to country music by my girlfirend who likes Clint Black. Got some really great songs on this album with a variety of up beat rocky tunes and laid back love songs. Good to sign along to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every song is good, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
I cannot stop playing this album especially the last track about the gun it is so lovely and makes me feel so happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
This cd was exactly what I want with a good mix of songs prefect to play on the car and sing along to

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Based On A True Story (Audio CD)
My first Blake Shelton CD. I absolutely love it. I would recommend this to country fans and non-country fans alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 July 2013
P. Conium "Blues Rock" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
It is usual to get one or two tracks that dont rate that highly on an album. This one is no different but Lay Low and I still got a finger really make up for it.
Worth listening to and worth buying.

Based on a True Story...