on 10 September 2013
I bought this camera specifically for our holiday and delivery was prompt as usual from Amazon. We opted for the safe black colour although I regret not being brave enough to choose yellow. Out of all the 'tough ' cameras we looked at, the Fuji was far and away the best looking camera and quite tough too compared to the competition. 15 metre waterproof, and 2 metre shock proof with added dust and freeze proofing made this a very tough cookie! Although I don't think I'll ever need the 15 metre waterproofing, I take the view of 'better safe than sorry' argument. The camera was advertised as being wifi but upon reading further, the wifi works in conjunction with an app which I had to install on my iPhone /iPad. Once the camera and iPhone synced, picture transfer was very quick and smooth. We used the camera in the resort's swimming pool and was very impressed with the picture quality. Colours were vibrant and with the built in art filters we were able to add some creativity into our shots without having to break out Photoshop Elements. Being waterproof meant normal holiday snaps suddenly had a new dimension in terms of being able to take the camera right into the pool and snap care free without the fear of damaging the camera. The movie function also worked well, I especially liked the one touch record button on the back. The camera has a rubber/plastic surround to absorb the knocks and bumps and the battery compartment had a very secure locking system to ensure it remains waterproof. Bad points? Not really bad and certainly not a deal breaker, I would have liked to seen a touch screen rather than a standard LCD, also more zoom would have been nice but all the other tough cameras seem to peak at 5x. Would I recommend this camera ? A full fat yes. Great styling, excellent picture and video quality and super tough.
on 7 April 2014
Have a look at my images, they say it all! The Fuji produced excellent photos above and below water. The self cleaning coating on the lens worked very well. The memories this little Camera produced make it worth every penny spent on it. Highly recommended, go buy it.
review image review image review image
on 9 August 2014
I bought this camera in May.... Trust me its awesome... I use it scuba & free diving in Cornwall, alo in the pool & Med in France.. It's great!! Wifi & app on iPhone very easy to use.. With all gadgets & water there are a few Do's & Dont's.. I always wash in fresh water after sea or pool use / then Allow to DRY!!! Before opening... Otherwise you could allow water in by mistake... Double check its 'click locked' before you jump in
Oh yeah & invest in a floating wrist band coz it sinks ;)
on 15 August 2014
A fantastic camera, great quality pictures, we were on a sailing holiday and took hundreds and hundreds of pictures. The underwater ones were great fun. Definitely the gadget of the holiday and everyone who saw it, wanted one. The bluetooth facility was great for kids to transfer to their phones and very easy to install. We had to charge it each day but probably because we used it so much. The 'video' facility in slow motion is really funny when jumping from rocks and boats etc, funnier in reverse!
Highly recommended.
on 24 August 2014
Fantastic bit of kit, easy to use both taking pictures and downloading afterwards,really great clarity of pictures and the video quality is also very good. Very pleased with the camera but I would recommend getting a spare battery especially if you intend doing a lot of video and you are not able to plug in the charger, not that the battery is no good but after useing the camera all day ie 12 to 15 hours a spare battery is worth while.
on 11 November 2014
great as an all rounder camera. worked well in the water for us. Is a bit heavy and chunky. Our main problem has been downloading the photos. only seem to be able to download one at a time to the phone and despite husband spending hours trying to link it with the computer we've not had any luck. in fact given up with hundreds on it. I'm going to try and buy a card reader for the computer for its card instead
on 22 September 2014
This camera was knocked out of my son's hand by a powerful wave in Hawaii. Twenty five minutes later we found it being rolled around by the waves in a sand channel three feet underwater, Apart from some very slight scratching it was in perfect condition with no moisture ingress anywhere. It worked brilliantly for the rest of the holiday taking great pictures above and below the water.
on 19 January 2016
This is a great camera.
A mountain-biking friend recommended this as a cheaper alternative to say a Go-pro. Ok, it's larger and perhaps clunkier, but it is very robust.
The picture quality is best in bright sunlight - as such ive taken the best pictures in the south of France for example - but other conditions are good too.
It's been used in a swimming pool (the kids holding it whilst they jump in), in the sea - both diving in and on a body-board! and on a mountain bike. It's been dropped repeatedly and is so far undamaged. (dropped from say, waist height).
Due to it's durability it's a camera i use on the beach too. Im not worried about it being in a bag or back-pack - and if anything leaks, then it will be ok.
The kids love this too as I'm happy for them to use it whenever they want.
Handy features;
- different shooting modes
- completely waterproof
- great underwater pics
- great video function
- transfer to iPad using bluetooth

Highly recommended.
on 14 September 2014
Brilliant point and shoot camera with many settings.
underwater shots are crystal clear, and wireless uploading and transferring means no need to carry wires around.
Might need to carry an extra battery as mine did occasionally run out after a day.
on 12 September 2014
Great little camera. The quality of the photos were very good underwater and the videos were also good quality. If the water is clear enough, the camera is certainly good enough for under the water. Out of the water, I was also impressed with the quality of the photos and the videos. It fits well in the hand and is simple to operate. All in all, a great value camera and is highly recommended.