1,109 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken silence
Oakley's story continues in this book, now her silence has broken what will her life hold for her, read the story and see, I did and an enjoyable read it was too. I don't want to tell you too much about the story, that will spoil it for you, but if you read book one and loved it , you will love this one too.

I do have one criticism though, whilst I have...
Published 6 months ago by terriY

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many continuity errors
Published 3 months ago by Myra Brodie

4.0 out of 5 stars Broken silence, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)

I do have one criticism though, whilst I have enjoyed the substance and the plot of the story, the editing mistakes are very off putting (spelt me as m) as an example, some sentences were full of grammatical errors, and this did detract from the overall enjoyment of the read.

Ms Preston please, please edit your books more carefully, your ideas are good, but let down by your editing or lack thereof.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many continuity errors, 28 Mar 2014
Myra Brodie (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I downloaded it, it was free, and it started off promising, but so many errors, they got a lift to the club but he drove her home! How did his car get to the club? Also they had been downing shots, but he drove home. Lots of loose ends too, the guy in school who used to bully her and suddenly started to be nice, then he is never heard of again.. Great potential, but the author should read it over to make sure it flows

3.0 out of 5 stars predictable, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
The plot was predictable. I did not think it was well researched. Some Inaccuracies in courtroom procedure. Didn't ring true.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
I only read this book because I read the first one and wanted to know what happened. It was completely predictable and I found myself skipping through the mid-section of the book just so I could get to the end. It was still littered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors like the first one. I guess most people who read the first book will now want to read this one but personally, I wouldn't bother, you can guess the ending without reading any of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars utter rubbish, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
I didn't realise there was a first book. Found this repetitive and boring and won't be reading any other books by this author.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed Silence and was looking forward to reading the sequel but I shouldn't have bothered.

I found it very boring but carried on hoping that it would improve but it didn't, after reading half the book I finally admitted defeat and gave up.

Ms Preston would have been far better condensing the trial into a few chapters in the original book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
Boring book with only small storyline...flicked through very quickly to find court scenes. Would not recommend to anyone who asks

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
Why did it have to end? I wanted this book to last forever, such a good read! Just as good as the first one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just as poorly edited as the first, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book, and the first in the series, as they were free. This book has an entirely predictable plot, which is incredibly far-fetched. The characters lack development: back stories are hinted at, but never explored in any depth. But the most frustrating thing about this book is the lack of proofreading, the same problem as the first. Bad grammar, poor use of punctuation, inconsistencies in the text. All of these detract from the overall enjoyment of the book. Please, Natasha Preston, please get someone to proofread your books before they are published!

3.0 out of 5 stars Set in England but written in American?, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit disappointed in this book. It had a great story line with lots of potential, but it took me a while to figure out that while it used lots of American language but was based in England, It just didn't make sense?. The plot was suddenly solved in one in page and left me a bit disappointed. Shame really as it could have been really good.

Broken Silence