4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Accomplished Debut
I've been keen to listen to Tom Odell' debut album since he won the Critics' Choice award at the BRIT Awards. The wait was worth it, as this is a good album, with some great tracks. Such is the strength of this album that you could imagine any of these songs being played on the radio.
Published 18 months ago by Sprootie

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen to
A lot of music critics where giving this great reviews so I purchased being curious and wanting to expand the musicians that I llisten to!
Not impressed on first listening but gave it a few more plays and it begins to grow on the listener. someone to watch for the future
Published 6 months ago by Mr. B. P. Fitzpatrick

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Accomplished Debut, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
The opening track 'Grow Old With Me' is very typical of the feel that is being portrayed on the album, which is a soulful ballad with a lovely piano obbligato. The way Odell combines all the different elements of the tracks together shows a lot of musical ability. I'm especially impressed by the way he changes volume, and uses that, and the softening of his voice to sing more tenders parts, such as on 'Hold Me'.
My favourite track is 'I Know'. I think this track has the best piano accompaniment, although maybe that's only because 'Another Love' has received a bit of radio play so I'm perhaps overlooking it. I don't think that there is a track on this album that is especially weak, although they are all very similar for me. I would have liked to have heard a couple of different ideas maybe, or perhaps a bit more instrumentation, but nevertheless it's a very accomplished debut album.
It's a bit hard to think that he's 22 and has released an album of this quality. It makes me wonder what I've been doing with my life. I'm hoping that as he ages his music keeps getting better, as this is a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Way Down [Amazon Exclusive Signed Version], 26 Mar 2014
Mr. Beaumont - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I first heard Tom Odell in the radio and didn't really like him tbh. But my local radio station seem to love him as they had his music on all the time. But after a few weeks i really started to enjoy his music. Ended up buying his album and played it none stop. So when Amazon was selling "Long Way Down [Amazon Exclusive Signed Version]" for £5.99 I jumped at the chance to own it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Album, 4 Dec 2014
Mrs. Sharon L. Rowse (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
I love this album, it has some gorgeous slow songs and some great upbeat songs. A winner and is constantly in my car. Well done Tom, can't wait for the next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars I you like Grow Old with Me, get this album., 7 Sep 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Got this album after hearing Grow old with me, the rest of the album is a very similar tone and all songs are just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Dec 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Tom Odell's vinyl is so fantastic - it sounds like he is in the same room as me! Good delivery and well packaged. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid debut!, 13 July 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
After hearing a few tracks by Tom Odell on Spotify, I was impressed enough to buy his debut album 'Long Way Down'.

Clearly influenced by bands such as Coldplay, I think this is a VERY good debut from a very talented young musician. Tom is a good songwriter, and haunting tracks like 'Another Love', 'I Know' and 'Grow Old With Me' are my personal favourites, although there isn't a particular 'bad' song that I can hear on this album. Tom has a very distinctive voice, which works well on the tunes about lost love, where he sings his heart out with so much emotion.

So far, some rather spiteful reviews have been published on here, but no one ever forces people to listen to music they don't want to. Personally, I think Tom is a very talented musician, considering his young age of 22, and the fact that this is his first album - I was very impressed. This is good easy listening music, and I would definitely buy a second album.

Soulful and refreshing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album of 2013, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Downloaded this album by mistake. Listened and loved it. Went on to buy tickets in may

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
listen to it all the time, my boyfriend played it me , and i was sold..ha

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening CD, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
A good cd to relax to. In my opinion he is good, but nothing outstanding when it comes to content of the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars More please Tom, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Long Way Down (Audio CD)
Fabulous, I have listened to this again and again.
Just love it.