5.0 out of 5 stars START YOUR CLASSIC MICHAEL JACKSON COLLECTION HERE
This has definately got to be placed in the greatest albums of all time. This was Michael's first, true solo album and is just one of his greatest pieces of work. However, the reason that this album is special is quite simply...because it's just darn good!!
The album opens with the classic disco anthem "Don't stop til you get enough" and runs smoothly into...
Published on 6 Jun. 2002 by foxmulder89

1.0 out of 5 stars Special Edition - yeah, like the Star Wars Special Editions...
These comments are not about the music on the album `Off The Wall', but relate to the Special Edition release specifically. (Nothing need be said about the music other than that it is superb.)

Unfortunately, `Off The Wall Special Edition' is a victim of the re-mastering madness that has been a craze for far too many years now. And it is crazy. Too put it...
Published on 17 Jan. 2013 by mcgakts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 418 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you say about a true artist and musical genius, 9 July 2009
Ms. S. jackson (uk) - See all my reviews
Just what more can i add to the other reviews. Nothing more can be said, other than a true musical genius!!
listening to this album and all the others he released just sends shivers down your spine.
a true legend loved and missed by many.
RIP Michael xx

p.s. amazon service and dispatch time was great.Item was well packaged and gladly received. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING CLASSIC ALBUM, 12 July 2009
I cannot begin to tell how I have never tired of hearing this album through the years. I first got this when it was released when I was just 17 and never stopped loving it since. I have occassionally tired of some of the other albums but never, never, never this one. It has so much energy, vitality and emotion and was absolutely groundbreaking-every track is a winner-its like a greatest hits album in itself. My favourites, obviously Don't stop.., Rock with you is sooo smooth and has a sexy groove, Burn this disco out-amazing, she's out of my life--oh my god brings tears to my eyes-great vocal. I could go on and on and on. Wow! what a solo debut from Michael and how sexy was he.
Pure magic-a must for any MJ collection-listen and you agree.
Thankyou MJ for all those wonderful memories and special moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 26 Oct. 2006
Darren Reid "Darren Reid" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
The sad thing is that people forget how talented this man truly is.This album is the ultimate pop/disco/soul record ever released,yes hes a little bit crazy but so would I be growing up with the constant harrassment the guy gets.

To put it simply,Michael Jackson is the king of pop.The rest just make up the numbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Off the Wall and HisTory vol 1 - Michael Jackson, 7 Sept. 2009
I purchased both these CD's for my granddaughter. I have been a Michael Jackson fan since they were first broadcast on BBC on the Andy Williams Show in the 60's. Given my age group away now, haven't I! Suffice it to say I have most of his singles and albums either on CD or vinyl, and my granddaughter has enjoyed listening to them over the years as has my daughter. I took my daughter to see "the bad tour" at Roundhay park on 29 August 1988 Michael's 30th birthday. What a day that was, so between us my granddaughter has grown up listening to him and was looking forward to seeing him on his tour. Sadly it wasn't to be. So the next best thing was to build her a library of her own. She has not stopped playing them since they arrived. RIP Michael.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album, 14 Feb. 2014
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This album is noted as being sold for as many as 20 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. Both the public and those critics in the music industry have found the material has stood the test of time and years after the original release – it is just as vibrant as it ever was. I just love the disco-tinged funk and pop blend that makes every playing of the album a fresh experience, one that remains energetic and exciting years after its release

As mentioned in the musical press the album established Michael Jackson as an artist of astounding talent. This was a visionary album, a record that found a way to break disco wide open.

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson - Off The Wall -Mindblowingly feel good album!, 14 May 2014
This album is brilliant in all respects and expertly mixed and mastered. Tracks 1-10 include some of my all time favourites songs and I always feel good when I listen to them! Tracks 11-19 are the reason why this album includes the 2 words "Special Edition". Although tracks 11-19 are fun to listen to once, they are not necessary and if you would prefer to purchase just the musical tracks, you can purchase the original album Off the Wall instead.

In this album, Michael turns from a young child into a professional man of finesse and brilliance. At £4.23, this album is a steal!

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sound Quality for an Amazing Album, 28 Mar. 2013
B. Scarr (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Off The Wall [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I already own Off The Wall on vinyl, and have done for many years as I have the original 1979 pressing.

I bought this 180gm audiophile vinyl pressing of Off The Wall, because when Michael Jackson released the singles Rock With You and Get On The Floor (which was the B-Side for the Off The Wall single), both songs were re-edited, hand claps were added to the Rock With You chorus, and an extra guitar lick and extra fadeout vocals were added to Get On The Floor. These aren't on the original 1979 vinyl pressing of the Off The Wall album. But the CD of the Off The Wall album has had these two re-edits on them for years.

I've only recently bought a new record player and have been listening to my vinyl's for the first time for over a decade. I've been use to listening to the CD of the Off The Wall album, and didn't hear what a big difference there was between the re-edits of Rock With You and Get On The Floor until I listened to my original 1979 pressing, and also 1980's pressing of the album. I had to have these re-edits on the vinyl of this album as I feel they added more of a funky dance quality to them, so I bought this 180gm audiophile vinyl pressing of Off The Wall, and I was very impressed when I listened to the vinyl.

The downside of this pressing isn't the music or the vinyl, but the reproduced gatefold cover. The cover is about 40% darker than the original album cover, the inner cover with lyrics is 50% lighter than the original album cover and the text is slightly blurred. The text on the spine of the cover 'Michael Jackson Off The Wall' is in a much bigger font than the original which looks tacky. Overall I'd say the cover for this 180gm album looks very much like a replica as it looks like a colour photocopy, not a high resolution print which it should be for £23.98. If your an obsessive Michael Jackson fan like myself, my advice would be to buy this album just for the amazing sound quality of the vinyl and nothing else. If your new to owning vinyl, I would also seek out getting the original 1979 vinyl pressing which also sounds amazing (but not as amazing as this 180gm pressing), but also so you can have the original gatefold album which is a beautiful album cover, and much better than this replica cover.

I have given my review of this album 5 Stars because it's one of the greatest albums of all time (which Michael Jackson has a number of), and also because the 180gm pressing of this vinyl is sonically amazing, the sound jumps out and makes you want to dance like Michael Jackson, this is a highly impressive vinyl pressing for an amazing album by The Amazing Michael Jackson!

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson's MASTERPIECE, 17 Dec. 2010
S. J. Pinder "scifihorror fan" (Cornwall,UK) - See all my reviews
For some it's Thriller, others it's Bad and Dangerous, and some think his later work on Invincible is his greatest. But for me Michael not only re-invented and re-established himself in the music industry, he transformed himself into an absolute icon with Off The Wall.

Suer Thriller, Bad and Dangerous boast the sales! But for me i always feel that he was pushing for commercial appeal with those albums. With Off The Wall it's real Funk meets Disco of such a high standard. Every song is of such a high standard you can listen to it repetetively and still find something new to enjoy.

While i wouldn't say that this is HIS debut album, it definitely reflected Micheal as an independant artist and showed his early artistry and passion, his songs here will always be remembered.

Nowadays it's all about Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Ke$ha as the young blood. But for me it's Michael, Madonna, Britney, Christina, Janelle Monae, Donna Summer and Bjork to name a few that have a real passion for their music and have had HUGE levels of longevity in the industry OR present an image so fantastically iconic (okay Janelle has recently started but still she's perfect!).

The Disco, Funk and R&B sounds are really fluent and smooth and rather hypnotic throughout the disc, it really creates that imagery of the late 70's. And Michael's vocals and progression really is a huge highlight here too.

Off The Wall is in my TOP greatest albums of all time, it's anthemic, HUGE and iconic and Michael's greatest artform of his entire career! while it's his lowest selling of his solo career, in many ways i feel it's underated to his later work. But in all serious this is his finest moment!

10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Off the Wall: Special Edition, 8 July 2009
Julian "Julian" (Somerset England) - See all my reviews
This is the essential Michael Jackson record.

Much more cohesive and tight than Thriller and somewhat underrated in comparison. Off The Wall is a disco/pop/r'n'b album that hasn't aged like some of the music has around the time of its release in 1979.

The best tracks are the ones that make you get up and dance. The first five tracks on this album are perfection and are the five best tracks on the album. Three of which are the hits "Don't Stop To You Get Enough" "Rock With You" "Off The Wall".

Those five tracks alone are a formidable force alone yet the second half of the album diversify out from the sappy "Girlfriend" (a McCartney song to which the laters is superior)to the ballads "She's Out Of My Life" "I Can't Help It" which showcase his emotional side to his vocals leaning more towards soul.

The last two tracks build up the tempo a bit more with a soft dance pop "It's The Falling In Love" to the notable "Burn This Disco Out" which ends the album in the style in which kickstarted and for which the album is remembered for, timeless disco beats and r'n'b/pop melodies and hooks.

Currently you can get a good deal with Sony putting out the 2 albums for 1 deal which you can get this record and Thriller for a great price. Great Value.

Get this record now. A disco flavoured pop/r'n'b classic and MJ's most cohesive and tight album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodnight Sweet Prince, 26 Jun. 2009
David R. Bishop "Bishbaby" (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I write this minutes after hearing of Michael Jackson's untimely death. He was a year younger than I. How can he be gone?

Off The Wall was his best album in my humble opinion. Later albums may have outsold it by miles, but this is the business for me.

It marks the beginning of his association with Quincy Jones after they were both involved in 'The Wiz'.

Not much left to say about the music. My fave is the British hit 'She's Out Of My Life' imbued with a new poignancy from this moment on.

The news has ruined me for sleep tonight. I confess I've shed a few tears. Whatever the highs and lows of his life, Michael Jackson has left us a rich legacy of music. This for me is the best of it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 418 | Next ›