5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice Soft Shell Jacket
Published 5 months ago by Susman

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!
Jacket's wind proof, but a let down on water proof.
Wore it for the first time in light rain in windy conditions & got wet through to my under garment.
Water came through seams across chest, shoulders & back.
Very disappointed!
Published 14 months ago by Mr D Simpson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice Soft Shell Jacket, 18 Oct. 2014
Susman "Susman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I got this for my nephew to wear and although he is only 15 this jacket fits him perfectly (received size small) - and seems rather tailored in my humble opinion, which might help with sizing as he is 5'6" and quite a slim build. The fleece lining is rather well made - it is also incorporated into the jacket. This added protection should help in mild wintry weather. The seams are strong and durable, with extra padding in all the right places i.e. in the shoulders, and elbows - in essence, this is a garment that has copious attention to detail for sports activity.

Although not bulky, the coat is has good waterproofing, although I am not sure how well it will do in a real downpour. It has a plethora of good strong pockets with added pull cords to close the openings quickly and effectively. Please bear in mind that this is not meant to be used as an all-weather jacket - after all, it is sports jacket. My nephew wears this for general wear as seems to be the norm these days. This is a garment has flexibility and manoeuvrability - for me this is a key component and allows the wearer to move arms freely, and thus lends itself to active life and sporting activities

All in all a nice looking garment that designed well for a sporty person, but can be used for casual wear too.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 26 Sept. 2014
Great jacket, in very good value. Great quality, perfect fastening. True to size. Bought for my husband and he loves it. Great jacket for the cold days.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 27 Oct. 2013
great value warm, wind proof and water resistant jacket, I owned a north face version that was 3 times the price and no better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket, 20 Aug. 2014
P. M. Ryans "Historian71" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my outdoorsy son to wear and although he is only 12 this fits him perfectly which might help with sizing as he is 5'2" and slim build. There is room for a fleecy come more wintery weather although as the jacket is warm and cosy this might not be necessary.

Although not bulky this jacket is successfully waterproof which is not always the case with sports jackets. He wears this while riding his bicycle so manoeuvrability is key and while it is neatly shaped he can move his arms freely and the neckline does rub against his skin when riding. There are small reflective markings on the back too.

Will now be getting another one for his brother.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have not tried a softshell jacket for outdoors, you do not know what you might be missing!, 17 Jan. 2015
I bought this jacket in October 2014 and I love it. I had been looking for a jacket that was less bulky for going to work and walking. I am 6 foot and weigh 12 or 13 stone and the large size fits well. I can wear it with a wool cable knit jumper under with no problem and it is not baggy..

I find this much more comfortable than a full waterproof jacket and have worn it nearly exclusively for this winter. I tried a few other brands on over Christmas whilst looking for another as a gift. In comparison to the others, I think this Ultrasport one is very comfortable, very good quality and a a bargain for the price I paid - £12. I do not know how it was listed at this price, Ultrasport are not a budget brand. I do absolutely love this jacket, but I am not sure I would be able to afford £100.

It is great in light to moderate rain, it is warm and comfortable and does not look like you stepped off Buachaille Etive Mor. It keeps the wind out and with the fleece lining it is warm enough for a winter walk. It has elasticised wrist openings and a drawstring waist. The pockets are warm and have the fleece lining and water ressitant zips and tags. There are two large inner pockets as well as the three zippered external pockets.

My partner has a softshell with a hood and pit zips as well, I am not convinced if I need these, I am very happy with the quality and fit of this one, it is a very nice jacket. I give this 5 stars, but if you are on a budget there might be other alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as expected, 3 Jan. 2015
Having read the previous reviews I was hoping this jacket was going to be as expected and I can gladly say I am. The quality of the product is very good and the fit is juts perfect for me. I would suggest getting a size smaller, I went for a size small and it fits me perfect.
I haven't tested the jacket as yet but it seems likes it will hold up well. The jacket also feels very warm so all in all a good purchase so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 15 Dec. 2014
Bought this as it was going cheap on a lightening deal. It is actually a pretty good fleece. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Oct. 2014
fab value and very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 1 Dec. 2014
This coat is great, it's windproof, waterproof and lightweight and it was at a great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Oct. 2014
Great, lovely warm and dry. Delivery fast and very happy with everything.thanks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›