Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 October 2013
The first thing to point out is that this record is by Zsofia Boros not Francisco Calleja! The recording is an example of exemplary classical guitarmanship. All the pieces bear repeated playing and examination, however it's sometimes pretty hard to get past track 2 which is Zsofia's take on Vincente Amigo's "Callejon de la Luna" and is a truly outstanding interpretation. (Brave too to take on a piece by one of the world's finest players.)
on 28 June 2014
I'm normally into jazz, but being a guitar player and because this is on ECM I decided to try it and was spellbound. This led me to buy a classical guitar myself and explore further the music of Leo Brouwer and Ralph Towner especially whose music features here. I have listened to other classical guitar music but much of it fails to grab me as much as this record, the playing and quality of recording the lovely dark guitar tone is special IMHO. Also the selection of pieces is interesting, reflecting a more 'New World' approach.
on 8 January 2014
Well, I sometimes buy things because either I like the cover picture or because I am not familiar with the artist, but it is okay.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse