Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 April 2014
Continuing on from the same style that made 'Last Day on Earth' such a class album, Noah and the Whale's fourth does not disappoint.

I bought 'Heart of Nowhere' a few days ago and have had it on repeat ever since. Once again, the guys' quirky, upbeat music is instantly catchy, with tunes that will make me smile and stay with you throughout the rest of day.

Best tracks include 'All Through The Night', 'Lifetime', 'Silver And Gold', 'One More Night' and 'Not Too Late'.

A pleasure to listen to anytime!
on 6 May 2013
Having loved the bands previous album, "Last night on Earth", I've been eagerly waiting for "Heart of Nowhere" and now that's its finally with us I am truly not disappointed. Whilst, for me, not being quite as good as "last night"..its superb. Every track, in the bands very own distinctive style, is a gem with lyrics that are both entertaining and thought provoking. "I was looking for a harvest but only found silver and gold"! A good mix of up beat, up tempo and slow moving melodies. Its true that most of the songs aren't as easy to join in as some on last night and that album remains one of my fav of all time but the new work is certainly growing on me and I have to say that I love it. Well done lads - fantastic stuff.

Just wanted to add that I saw the Band in concert at the Palace Theatre on Sunday 19th of May 2013 - fantastic evening. If you get a chance to see them live - do so! And..get this album, in-fact, get all of their albums!
on 16 June 2015
A great shock to hear the band have split up so this is their fourth and last album. Rockier and less folk influenced than their first three albums their are some really fine melodic songs on Heart of nowhere including the title track and the brilliant All through the Night. The theme of time features strongly ( Lifetime, There will come a time, Now is exactly the time) with no weak songs. A fitting legacy to a great and original band
on 8 May 2013
Lets keep this simple. NATW once again deliver the goods. The new release is slightly more mellow but well worthy of a 4+ star rating. Good stuff and well worth it. There is something about NATW which always makes me smile. cheers boys, nice one!!
on 8 February 2014
This is a good album, typical of Noah and the Whale, a bit like the last one, but still good to listen to.
on 17 October 2013
I got this for my boyfriend for his birthday and have been subjected to it on continuous loop for 3 days now. Although I am not a masssive fan I think this is my favourite album by these guys, basically after the first listen I quite liked it and it didn't have to 'grow' on me. I've only given 4 stars but lover boy would probably rate it 5
on 21 June 2013
Unlike other reviewers, I think that this album IS as good as the previous ones. I bought individual tracks to complete the album as I got the demo album free a few weeks ago. I agree with others that this album is expensive at £8.49. Keeping the prices down will deter people copying friends music, or downloading from spotify.
on 17 May 2013
Cannot rate it high enough. Each member of the band excels on this album. Well worthy of the 5 stars and ++++++++
All the songs are good. Lyrics heart rending and pure. Noah and the whale cracked it again. music good in the car,at home,as background. It is difficult to choose but certainly one of their best
on 16 May 2013
The first album is great, still listen to it in full regularly. 2nd Album is a masterpeice, 3rd is lots of fun, but this 4th album sounds like a b-side to their 3rd album, has the same feel, but without any of the great tracks. Gutted.
on 3 June 2013
Pretty bland stuff here, the record passes you by without leaving any impression. First couple of tracks ok, after that it just fades into blandness! They really need to shake things up a bit, not even the quirkiness of previous albums. Disappointed!