5.0 out of 5 stars Great album for the Summer!
Swim Deep are a band that I've been intending to listen to for some time, and their debut released this year does not disappoint.

Published 9 months ago by ReviewBlog51

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely produced debut.
The NME have been banging on about this band for months so I took the plunge (ha ha) and downloaded the album.
Published 12 months ago by Max & Enzo's Dad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album for the Summer!, 5 Nov 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)

'Where the Heaven Are We' is a great first album, and good fun to listen to. Most of the songs are easy to play anytime, and the style is quite similar to early nineties indie music, therefore right up my street. If you enjoy bands like The Charlatans, and more recent artists like Peace, I can unhesitatingly recommend it.

There is a great vibe which comes from the album, the quality is incredibly consistent, with fantastic melodies and uplifting songs. Personal favourites include the title track, 'King City' and 'Francisco'. If you enjoy Britpop style music at it's peak, pick up 'Where the Heaven Are' today. I hope that these talented young guys continue to make albums like this, because I am eagerly awaiting the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album, 5 Aug 2013
This album is so good, it's absolutely perfect for summer and has some real cool vibes. I'd recommend anyone to buy this album. It is very good value for money and makes me happy. Peace out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely produced debut., 7 Aug 2013
There are some good moments, many reminiscent of The Charlatans, one of my favorite bands and Austin delivers his sun -shining & stoned lyrics very nicely. It's well produced & they sound authentic. In short, worth the download price of 6.50 for an album of catchy pop-psychedelia & some shining moments. Best listened to with a girl you like and a cheeky smoke; watching the sun go down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 Dec 2013
Although I was very unimpressed by this band at Reading, this is a decent album, well worth a listen! Particularly the first half

4.0 out of 5 stars Swim Deep - Where The Heaven Are We, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)
I caught this band at reading festival earlier this year and liked what I saw and heard from their live set so thought I'd give them a go. I wasn't disappointed, it's a great album with some real catchy tunes and quite a few that I recognised from the gig. It has a good beat and is easy to get into. I've played it to friends and family members and they are also impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year contender, 4 Oct 2013
I. READ (Cromer Pavillian, Cromer, Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)
The songwriting has it's flaws (tonight Mathew, I am going to be Madchester), but it's just such a likeable, smile-inducing listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)
amazing album by swim Deep, perfect tunes and little booklet of photos and lyrics, great chilled songs with meaningfull lyrics

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I have bought this year!!, 3 Oct 2013
Amazing album!! The best I have bought this year and probably last as well!! Love every track :-) the kids love it too - just need an appropriately timed cough in track 3! Love love love it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars pour some sunshine in your ears!, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)
O.k. I didn't buy this for myself, but thought I'd put it on in the car. Guess what, sunshine and some really cool lyrics!

3.0 out of 5 stars I think the album is just ok., 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Where The Heaven Are We (Audio CD)
I was expecting something more like the main title "king city". But there are some good things anyway? Just need more time to get used to it.

Where The Heaven Are We
Where The Heaven Are We by Swim Deep (Audio CD - 2013)