5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Wacom Cintiq 13HD Pen Tablet (German Version) (Personal Computers)
A brilliant buy, money well spent, and can even be used as a second monitor!!
I'd highly recommend this for students in a similar financial situation

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 25 May 2013
I have been used Cintiq 22 hd long ago. But I was worry this one going to too small. No it perfect with HDTV screen the image just like ipad3

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, professional artist hardware on a budget. Would recommend., 9 Aug. 2014
I got this for professional use in technical and concept illustration work, after using one for 3 months at a video games studio. I have used the older 21" version at another studio in the past. Each have their uses, but mainly I think personal preference, budget, space available and travel with work are all important factors.

The 13HD is a beautiful device, and the full 1920x1080 resolution is incredible on that small screen, crystal clear with good color representation. Pen input is accurate, snappy and a joy to paint with. If you haven't had a chance to try a cintiq, it really is an amazing upgrade from a graphics tablet, seeing the results where you place your pen is much more natural. As a lefty I can confirm it works great in that orientation too (expresskeys on the right). The pen case is a nice touch, looks sleek and keeps all the replacement nibs (and pen) somewhere safe when moving around. The whole device is light, compact and professional looking, with a solid build quality.

The cables are a bit messy under the desk, starting as one clean cable and then splitting to 3 (HDMI, USB and power). Yes you need a HDMI port to use this. The screen has never fallen off the stand as some reviews warned, but maybe that's because I've been very aware of it since before I started using the device. However I have moved it around a lot, travelling and working, setting up in new places all the time, and had no problems. The stand is an extra thing to carry around, but compared to the massive 20"+ tablets, its actually portable, relatively a feather, and compact to pack up and throw in a backpack.

Having also used the Companion (Windows version), I still think the 13HD has a place - for those who have already invested in a good laptop or PC, will use it mainly when at a desk (even if that's desks in different places), and for those who change the device they will use it with. If you need to continue something started at work on your laptop or home computer for example, the cintiq can will plug and play to your different devices, whereas the windows companion device can't be used as a peripheral.

Pro's
+ Sleek, well designed, solid piece of hardware
+ Very natural to draw/paint on touching where you work
+ Nice peripherals (pen case, holder etc)
+ Very compact on a desk/in a bag
+ Price is excellent for professional hardware on a budget

Con's
- need a HDMI port to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, but unusual default setting, 26 Sept. 2014
Very nice, the colour quality is quite vivid, everything is so clear, the pixels are really small at only 66% the typical size.
I do have a small word of advice though..
DO NOT USE THE PLASTIC NIBS
BUY SOME FELT NIBS AND USE THOSE INSTEAD, otherwise after a lot of use you will scuff up the surface and then when trying to use a felt nib it will SQUEAK LIKE FINGERNAILS ON A CHALKBOARD.
I've also just found out ever since i turned it on there was a setting which had made the display smaller than the active area, i didn't realise this wasn't permanent and left it but i've now fixed it. If this happens to you, go to your graphics controller and look for Scaling options, it might be under a tab titled "Digital Flat-Panel", for me the slider was defaulted to about halfway, you want it at 0%!

Also it would appear this item is now titled as the "German Version", this was not the case at the time of my purchase(almost a year ago), so i don't know what's up there

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 7 Jan. 2014
J. Marshall "Tib" (UK) - See all my reviews
As someone that has used the Intuos4 for a few years, I felt it was time to invest in something more professional.
I shopped around and looked at all of the alternatives (the best being the MS Surface Pro, though it has a smaller screen and less pressure sensitivity) and even considered investing in the more expensive portable Cintiq Companion Hybrid, but in the end, I decided to go with the Cintiq 13HD.

I am really glad that I did as I am very impressed with it. It has the same kind of feel as the Intuos4, but obviously with addition of actually drawing/painting directly onto the screen.

One thing I would say though, is that this device does not have any processing power. It relies 100% on the CPU and graphics processing power of your computer and is nothing more than a secondary monitor that you can draw directly onto, so bear that in mind before you decide to invest in any kind of pen enabled tablet that isn't portable.

My laptop has a core i7 CPU, 8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM and a GT650m 2GB videocard. I have not experienced any lag at all on this machine while using various art programs, but I wouldn't recommend anything less than a Core i5 if you are running it from the CPUs Intel HD graphics, and ideally you would want to have a dedicated graphics card in your machine to ensure a lag free experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing tool, 15 Dec. 2013
As an artist and a tattooist this tool is just amazing. I love everything in it, it works perfectly, arrived quickly and great quality.
I work with photoshop CS5 on it, do a lot of digital paintings and tattoo designs. It does require a lot of power from my mac but that is normal. I just close all the other applications and it works well.
Julia Kuchaeva

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Ace, 23 Sept. 2013
Love it :) it's worth 5 stars easy :) and i wouldn't know what i would do without one. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT!, 27 Oct. 2013
Recommend purchasing this Cintiq if you're professional or just really determined to become one!
Check out some of my own creations with this bad boy at:
[...]
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some lag with Photoshop CC Windows 8, 22 Sept. 2013
It's a beautiful tablet with a great screen, Earlier I have used a Itonus 5 touch drawing board, but I wanted an upgrade. so I decided to go for the Cintiq 13HD. I have had some problems with lag on the screen when I am drawing with the stylus. This could come of some driver issues with the shit called windows 8. I have a top specs computer. So my specs should not have anything to do with the lag. I have ordered a new SSD disk for my pc. So I have the drive space to run Creative Cloud from an SSD together with the OS. Hope this helps. if it's a issue with the reading speed of my harddrive. When I run the OS of an SSD and Photoshop from a normal 7200 rpm

4.0 out of 5 stars Such an incredible graphics tablet, 4 Oct. 2013
I would defineltly recommend the cintiq 13hd to anybody in the graphics industry, or hobbiest.
It's smooth, compatable and a pleasure to work with, it's very easy to get used to and easy to set up and configure.
One of the best products Wacom has brought out since the old intuos :D

And now the downsides to the cintiq 13hd.
The connection is very loosely fitted and a slight touch or hit can disconnect which can be rather annoying at times, but you'll get used to it eventually.
Another downside is the cost, you get what you pay for is the best description for it, good things come at a high price.
CAUSION: do not rush into buying a cintiq 13hd, because their are other products out there by Wacom like the intuos series, bamboo series and the cintiq series which is not just 13hd, the larger cintiq's are 24hd's, which a pre a big piece of kit :D