• Bonds

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 27 February 2013
I loved this book so giving it anything less than 5 stars was difficult. It is well written and Marie Cope takes the much traveled tales of witches and vampires and makes it her own. In the vain of James Herbert she manages to create a 'real world' setting where the extraordinary happens rather than create fantastic other worlds. Bonds is an excellent debut novel but I am disappointed that the hardback version has not been released on Amazon. It may seem petty but a book like this should be available in hardback and I hope that the publishers take note.
on 22 February 2013
This book arrived yesterday and have already read 80 pages. If I hadn't had to work today I would have stayed up all night! Just on what I have read so far, I would highly recommend!
on 21 February 2013
gripping , exciting , fantastic . just a few words to describe this riveting read . looking forward to her next novel . great story .
on 27 February 2013
I read books in the supernatural genre prolifically; Anne Rice, Stephenie Meyer, Deborah Harkness, J R Ward, Lilith Saintcrow & Laurell K Hamilton to name but a few. I'm always looking for new authors to read but am often disappointed since it appears everyone is jumping on the bandwagon! This book however, was not a disappointment. If you're expecting the typical teenage supernatural romance, bonds isn't it! It's dark, intelligent and full of suspense. I loved the character of Anna because you can feel her pain, but all the characters are interesting and well written. The ending suggests a second book will follow and I can't wait. If you like grown up supernatural thrillers this is well worth a read.
on 27 March 2013
This isn't a genre that I would normally choose to read, but I decided to give Bonds a go on the basis of a recommendation from a friend. As it is literally the first vampire based book I have ever read, I can't make a comparison with any others, but what I can say is that I couldn't have been more surprised with how much of an enjoyable read I found it to be.

I was immediately gripped by the story, and found myself repeatedly thinking "Just one more chapter...". One chapter turned into another, and another, and another - I finished the book in three sittings. The style of writing is pacey and easy to read, and keeps you wondering what is going to happen next.

I'll definitely be reading anything more published by this author.
on 15 March 2013
Bonds is an excellent debut novel by a first time author with a clear grasp of her subject matter. The story is based in Wales and covers two periods in time, slipping neatly between the two.

It's main protagonist is Becca, a young woman with a family history of Wicca. She is unaware of this history until she has to confront a centuries old vampire called Antony Cardover, who is intent on finishing a job he started four hundred years earlier.

The time slip element of this story is not always easy to pull off but the author has done an excellent job in merging the two era's in to one book. I would highly recommend it to anybody with an interest in the supernatural or who just enjoys a good read.
on 19 February 2013
In a lifetime you rarely come across a book that you read in one sitting ( or through the night!!). Bonds, was a book that sucked you into itself immediately...and the suspense just built and built. If you want to totally absorb yourself in suspense then buy this book.
on 15 February 2013
Been waiting for this book for ages.
Marie Cope knows how to craft a scary story.
I found her Scary Girl Blog here "scaryramblings.blogspot.co.uk" which led me to this, her first book, which is absolutely superb.
on 15 February 2013
I could not put this book down, it's a breath taking story and I would highly recommend it.
Hope she writes another, she's brilliant.
on 31 May 2013
I was recommended to read this by my husband as he knows the author. I was so pleased I got it as it kept me riveted from chapter one. Marie Anne writes in a very visual manner so if you are visual like me reading this book is like watching a film. The last 2 chapters were the worst for me as i didn't want the book to end.i have been reading thrillers for months as nothing else has held my concentration. I cannot find the words to say how much this book entertained me,please write another soon