5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Lonely Lord" to die for...
Grace Burrowes never ceases to amaze me. How on earth she manages to be both prolific AND so damn good boggles the mind. I haven't yet read all of her books (I have to catch up with the earlier Windham stories) but everything else I've read of hers has been a 4 or 5 star read for me, and Ethan is no exception.

Ethan Grey is the illegitimate older brother of...
Published 10 months ago by Caz

It took a while for me to work out why I didn't like this. I think it has to do with the author using quite serious subjects within the novel but giving the characters 21st attitudes to them so it jarred. The topics were then rushed in favour of the happily ever after expected in this genre which (to my mind) trivialises the subjects involved.
However, I didn't hate...
Published 1 day ago by Miss SL Elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Another "Lonely Lord" to die for..., 15 Sep 2013
Caz "So many books, so little time..." (Frinton-on-Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ethan: Lord of Scandals (The Lonely Lords) (Kindle Edition)

Ethan Grey is the illegitimate older brother of Nicholas Haddonfield, now Earl Bellefonte and hero of the previous book in the series. Inseparable as children, they were wrenched apart because of a misunderstanding by their father, and Ethan was packed away to school - a school at which Ethan was not well-treated.

Ethan is now a widower with two young sons, Jeremiah and Joshua. His marriage was not a happy one and although he loves his boys dearly, it's clear he has trouble connecting with them. Fortunately, help is not far away in the form of Miss Alice Portman, the governess he engages to teach the boys. She accepts the job on condition that the boys spend a certain amount of their time with their father, and the relationship that is built between them is a joy to read.

Another highlight is the way that Ethan and Nicholas build on the relationship they re-established in the previous book. Grace Burrowes has a knack for writing male friendships that are 'typically' male while they also have an undercurrent of affection. She is also incredibly skilled at writing children that are believable - I'm not a great fan of children in romance novels, but Ms Burrowes makes them seem like real people rather than one-dimensional cuties.

As I've come to expect from Ms Burrowes, the romance was tender and sweet and beautiful - two lonely, emotionally scarred people come together and learn that yes, it is possible to leave the past behind and stop letting what happened in the past govern the way they were living their lives in the present. It's untimately a story about healing, I think, with Ethan repairing his relationships with his brother and his children, as well as the way in which Ethan and Alice come together to help each other and along the way discover that there is someone out there who is worth healing for.

You can read a more detailed version of this review at my blog - [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars What a novel, 27 July 2013
I am reading all of this series with more to follow and they are just beautifully written and such good stories.

3.0 out of 5 stars ... while for me to work out why I didn't like this. I think it has to do with ..., 30 July 2014
However, I didn't hate it and if the author is serious about writing about alternative lifestyles in the 18th century then I liked Hadrian's brother Harold, and I'd quite like to read his story

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethan: Lord of Scandals, 25 Mar 2014
I have read all the books in this series and they are well worth a read if you like historical romances and the stories of a family. Grace Burrowes is a marvellous author bringing the books to life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ethan, 13 Feb 2014
J. M. Hall "J M Hall" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am only half way through this book so I cannot send an adequate review, so far it is OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 9 July 2013
Grace borrowed writes like he was born in England at that

Time loved this book

Can not wait to read next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely lords book, 7 July 2013
This is the third book in the "lonely lords"series of books by Grace Burrowes.I found it an exciting read and I cannot wait for "Beckmann" ,the next book in the series. I love the way all the characters in her books are linked together and you really want to know what happens to them. This includes the Heir, the Soldier, the Virtuosa, Darius,Nicholas etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethan, 22 Jun 2013
Loved this book I've read all in the series Grace is a great writer each character is damaged and it takes a very special lady to heal his heart couldn't put the book down!,

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant story, 21 Jun 2013
H and h are both damaged by incidents in their past. Their love gives each of them the chance to move on and build a new, happier life together. For me, one of this author's great strengths is her ability to develop believable family relationships. Ethan's relationship with Nicholas, first explored in Book 2, continues to unfold and we learn more about why the brothers' estrangement lasted so long and why it has been so hard for Ethan to rebuild the close relationship they had as boys. By the way, Ethan's sons are a delight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ethan Lord of Scandals, 24 July 2014
I have thoroughly enjoy all Grace Burrows books, the only part I don't enjoy is coming to the end. I look forward to reading the next in the series