5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
I did wonder if this was, pardon the pun "a flash in the pan". But It is a fast efficient piece of kit!
Published 23 months ago by Ama buyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: This oven does cook well however just under ...
Warning: This oven does cook well however just under six months of use and the fan unit stopped. The return was straight forwarding using Amazon's supplier contact E-mail System, which is first class.

Andrew James will take up to a month to return my Oven, in fact I understand I could well receive someone else's repaired oven, labelled reconditioned. Sorry I am...
Published 10 months ago by S. Cunningham

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Andrew James 12 LTR Premium White Digital Halogen Oven Cooker With Hinged Lid + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres), Cake/Rice Dish, Toast Rack, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, High And Low Racks 1400 Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Halogen Oven, 9 Aug. 2013
We think this is the best Halogen oven we have had. It seems to be a better quality machine than the one we had before from Cook shop. It also has a spare bulb and a two year warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Up To Date Halogen, 5 Aug. 2013
Bought this for £50 plus postage to replace old non-digital Halogen where the bulb burnt out after 3 and a bit years use. We had always said that we wanted a "hinged" lid if we bought a replacement and that digital would be nice. This one comes with a 2 year guarantee as well as a spare bulb. It has an array of pans, racks and accessories as well as an instruction book and a cookbook plus and extender ring. For the money it is a no-brainer and all I would say is if you don't already have one, or are in the market for a new one, get yourself one of these - you will not be disappointed. We also paid for normal postage when we ordered on a late Thursday evening. The oven arrived at 12.30 on Saturday and that was impressive to say the least. The main difference we have noticed is that the light on this oven is more white that the yellow tinge of our older defunct model. Really pleased and unreservedly would recommend. if you are single 12 Litres may be a bit big and consider the 7 Litre model. However, 12 Litre capacity is great for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is needed, 8 Jun. 2013
This was bought for my mother to replace another where the bulb had blown and could not be replaced. The main advantage of this was the fact that it came with a spare bulb which can easily be changed.

It cooks all of the food well and with the added bonus of the rice cooker 'attachment'.

Would definitely buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performer., 1 Nov. 2013
L. Richardson "bof" (uk) - See all my reviews
This is the second Andrew James Halogen oven we have purchased in the last 3 months. The first was not hinged and to be honest was extremely dangerous trying to put the very hot lid on the stand provided. With the hinged lid this problem disappears. The digital controls are a lot more accurate and a selection of pre-programs are useful. There is one problem with this and the non hinged ovens and that is the tongs provided to remove the treys of food. They are fiddly to use and requires a strong grip otherwise the treys easily drop from the tongs.
The results from the oven are outstanding and produce the best roast potatoes and oven chips I have ever had. Roast joints always turn out tender so what more can you ask for. We have a small kitchen and using this oven removes the need for a conventional one thus saving space and money. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James 12 ltr halogen oven, 4 May 2013
I am thrilled with this product - it is quick, easy to use and saves on electricity. The hinged lid is safer and lighter to handle when cooking. I have two conventional ovens but havent used either since purchasing the halogen oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best halogen ever!, 3 July 2013
Fabulous, easy to use. Haven't used my main oven since I purchased it. Would recommend this to friends and family

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly right, 26 Oct. 2013
I like the convenience of the oven, and the fact that you can see the food cooking. The much shorter cooking times are grossly exaggerated in my limited experience to date. However, the chicken that was cooked really was nice and moist, and the skin crisped nicely. The instructions with the oven are pretty hopeless. One reason I bought it was the inference that you could cook a full roast meal with the oven, but there are no instructions on how to do it. I am sure I will find out by trial and error, but this is a real opportunity lost. I am even thinking about writing a book on how to do it properly, since from all the reviews I have read about halogen cooking, no one has succeeded in doing this effectively.

I would have preferred better quality of plastics for the hinge mechanism, which would have given me more confidence on durability, and would also have made it easier to change the hinge height to fit the extender ring - which contrary to another review I read, is easy enough to do once the hinge is set at the higher level. The real issue is that the hinge height is not as easy as it could be to change.

I have had one issue with an error code which is not mentioned in the instructions, and had to phone the manufacturers to resolve. Pity that the "air-fryer" is not included in the standard accessories, as well as a longer set of tongs to extract the contents of the oven.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 STARS! - FAB! Does exactly what it says on the tin! PERFECT for 1 or 2 people., 26 Jun. 2014
I saw a "JML" version at a friends home and although it cooked well, it looked cheap. I did some research and looked at the Customer feedback for this item, and it came out top. It is LARGE, FAST cooking, easy to use and above all EASY to clean (Auto clean)
There is no more waiting 20 minutes for the oven to heat up, as by that time, my dinner is cooked and served using this. It very user friendly and has many different settings, both for temp and height for cooking small or large items. It must be saving us £££'s in electricity per month by the fact that it is INSTANT cooking. My NEW toy in the Kitchen... I love it.
I know there are some poor reviews, but there are poor reviews on ANY item for sale on here. Most of the time it is the fault of the user NOT following the instructions correctly. I even purchased one for my Mum. Thank you for a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Halogen oven, 2 Dec. 2013
The oven seems OK but I had to return the first one they sent because it broke down on the first use and I am worried this one might not last a long- time will tell. They did however replace it immediately.