4.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Inconsistent
Like previous Tristania albums this one is by no means instant and on the first 3 listens I wasn't even sure I liked the album. Then on the fourth listen it hit home and I found myself enjoying the album, even the opening track Numbers, which for me is the weakest song.
Published 17 months ago by JohnInBlack

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album
Good album, but Morten Veland is missed. Looks lçioke they are still looking for their own personality. But they are in a good path
Published 16 months ago by Ennio Guido Schiavon Jr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Inconsistent, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Darkest White (Audio CD)
The album opener should have been the title track Darkest White which is a classic and I think the inclusion of the bonus track "Cathedral" does the album no favours.
Like all good albums the closing track is excellent and leaves one looking forward to hearing the album again.
I have followed Tristania since Widows Weeds and they have always been inconsistent, capable of hitting great highs but occasionally recording a duff song. What they are though is interesting and demanding of attention, certainly never dull and that is why I will continue to follow them.
A solid 4 star review for a good piece of gothic metal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Darkest White (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good album I was listening to this morning in ..., 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Darkest White (Audio CD)
pretty good album I was listening to this morning in the car on my way to work not much of the female vocals as previous albums of theirs I've got.

Darkest White
Darkest White by Tristania (Audio CD - 2013)