on 31 July 2013
Have used extensively for the past month or so. Has proved to be a reliable alternative to the original Nikon battery. I have no reason to doubt the capabilities of this battery to deliver to specification. It records accurately in the camera displays, has no overheating problems and as a UK user I have used it in both reasonably high and low temperatures in the few weeks of ownership.

The seller was excellent and delivery (from USA) extremely fast as I received it within one week.
VINE VOICEon 1 October 2013
I read somewhere 'Non Nikon' batteries would not work, but all I can say is I bought 2 of these for my new D7100 and they are perfect. A couple of these will keep you going a long, long time.
on 1 January 2014
A worthy spare battery for the D series. Mine has a battery life that is comparable to the original. I left it for a week after the first charge - there was no noticeable loss of power as there is with a lot of rechargeable batteries. This cost me about £15 - a fraction of the cost of a Nikon replacement. Obviously, since I have only had it a few weeks, I can not vouch for it's longevity, but so far it has been a good buy. I will probably buy another if this one proves good. Did take a bit of time to arrive from Amazon, though - but within their time range (about a month!).
on 13 March 2014
Having read all of the reviews, good and bad I decided to go ahead and buy this battery as a back-up for the OE battery which came with my Wife's Nikon D7000. I bought the battery on 30th January 2014. It arrived quickly and charged up without any problem whatsoever. Frankly that was it until today 13th March 2014 when I got this request to review the battery. Since the initial charge I had put the battery away until needed. Due to the fact that the OE battery lasts so long and the camera hasn't had much use recently the Fosman battery has remained unused! So before I started to write this review I fitted it into the D7000 to check its state after only one charge and six weeks in storage. I can happily report that the battery meter is showing a very health 99% charge!
I'm going to have to use this battery now to gauge its performance against the excellent OE battery but so far I'm very impressed with this Fosman version.
I'll post an update when I know more.
Thank you.
on 10 September 2013
The company that delivered it were spot on with a very fast delivery. Impressed with that!

This seems, for all intents and purposes, exactly the same as the branded battery. However, it doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as long as the original. There isn't much in it though and I'm probably being a bit finnicky so please don't read this as being problematic.

For the money, it's a great spare and I may well invest in a second one very soon.
on 2 February 2014
This battery does what it's supposed to do, it powers up the camera and so far 3 months in it holds it's charge and lasts as long as an original nikon battery. Good price and prompt delivery.
Top job
on 17 January 2014
This product met all the requirements as a replacement product.
Used on the day it arrived after charging, lasted as long as the original Nikon battery
on 29 November 2013
TO be fair, the original battery on my D7000 is fine and it lasts for several hundred snaps and so I have not yet got to a situation where I have needed to use 2 batteries in one day. This said, having a spare is just sensible - especially if like me you forget to charge your primary one it before going out!.
So, I wanted a spare battery and bought this.
It is hard to fully assess the capacity without taking loads of pictures in exactly the same circumstances as the original one. I have to some extent used both and have reached the conclusion that this cheaper replacement doesn't have quite the same capacity as the original however it isn't far off it and for the difference in money I would recommend it as a great back-up.
As to how long it's overall life it, I cannot really comment as only time will tell.
For £15, I'd thoroughly recommend it though.
on 20 August 2014
Having read quite a few reviews I decided to go with buying this unbranded battery. I charged it fully and installed in my Nikon D7000 and initially I was pleased as there was a display and showed fully charged. I pressed the shutter only 2-3 times and everything worked as normal. I switched off my camera. However the followingday when I checked the camera and battery again it was llifeless, there was no display on the screen, no power. I repeated everything I did before , recharging and testing but it showed flat the next day. Now I wish I had brought the branded nikon battery. Would not recommend this battery.
on 22 February 2015
Supposedly this is the same capacity as a Nikon battery at 1900mah, not even close to that, its WAY WAY off that..

Brand new Nikon battery, full charged, shots taken @ 1/80th second, built in flash on manual full power, no photo previews - 880 shots

Fosmon batteries brand new..

Fosmon battery one, full charged, shots taken @ 1/80th second, built in flash on manual full power, no photo previews - 365 shots
Fosmon battery two, full charged, shots taken @ 1/80th second, built in flash on manual full power, no photo previews - 371 shots

That is best case only a 58% drop in capacity from an Original Nikon Battery!

Given the extremely poor out of the box performance I would anticipate the the Fosmon batteries will have equally poor performance when it comes to endurance and expect that within a few charge cycles they will be degrading badly..

I have arranged a refund of the two batteries I have bought and will buy just one quality Nikon battery which will outlast both if these and likely serve me for many years instead of probably many months..

As they say, you get what you pay for ;)