5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value TV.
I purchased this TV to replace a Samsung P2270HD 22-inch Full HD 1080p LCD TV/Monitor. I use the TV in a small bedroom and find 22in to be optimal. I had purchased another monitor prior to this TV based on low response time as I enjoy playing videogames, but the monitor I purchased (BenQ XL2420T) had very poor colours and the text lacked sharpness.

Having owned...
Published 23 months ago by wo0x

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little TV but....
Published 17 months ago by G L E

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value TV., 13 April 2013

Having owned a number of Samsung TVs in the past I decided to purchase this TV. First test was with my PS3 - excellent, no noticeable 'input lag,' and the colours were vibrant. Text on in-game leaderboards is crisp. It's not all good news, however... This (and indeed the BenQ) is my first experience of LED backlighting with dynamic contrast - in very dark areas the backlight is adjusted 'on-the-fly' and, to my eyes, can only be described as unpleasant. Even with dynamic contrast disabled the same effect is present in dark areas. This is a minor niggle and is ONLY in very dark areas. For gaming it is rarely noticeable. In fact, the effect has only been very noticeable whilst watching episodes of '24' - the moment the yellow clock is the only thing on screen to the point a number of scenes are shown in windows; the clock appears very dull, then suddenly it's very bright in keeping with the high quality of the rest of the picture.

The picture - fantastic, very bright, strong colours, all the options you'd expect to adjust the TV to your own taste. HD pictures on this TV look very, very good. SD - it's not the best upscaling I've ever seen, but it isn't the worst either.

Sound - average. Not a problem for me as I use headphones, but would definitely recommend separate speakers.

Features - this is where I feel this TV really shines. Freeview HD, WIFI built in, Samsung Apps - Netflix, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, iPlayer, etc... This TV even has the option to connect an external HDD via USB so that you can schedule recordings and 'pause live TV.'

Pros - great value, good all rounder, great picture quality, a wealth of features, very easy to setup and use. It's a nice looking TV and stand, very light and wall mountable.

Cons - Poor sound through in-built speakers (which seems to be the norm on small TVs/monitors,) annoying LED backlighting/dynamic contrast effect in very dark scenes. Web browser is slow and won't play many videos on websites (the Apps work fantastically well, however.)

Despite the few negative points I can only give this TV 5/5 due to the fantastic value and excellent quality of the picture. I would happily recommend this television to anyone, whilst there are niggles, they are very minor, I just felt they needed to be mentioned in order for the review to be as honest as possible.

**update** re ''annoying LED backlighting/dynamic contrast,'' I have since switched to 'movie mode' and set all the options within to my own preference and this seems to have completely removed the issue - if not completely removed, it has certainly reduced it to a level where it is no longer noticeable and therefore not annoying. Main changes after going into movie mode were reducing the LED backlight setting (to just over halfway,) then increasing brightness and sharpness (movie mode reduced sharpness drastically.) A great TV just got even better.

**Update 24th May 2013** Having been asked a question in the comments on my review I have noticed that the HDMI ports are situated in a different place on my TV than shown in Amazon's picture. The ports are on the back panel, not the side. I have uploaded my own image to reflect this. Underneath the model number it has ''version no: one.'' I have contacted Samsung for clarification on the number of versions and what other differences, if any, exist. **Samsung replied (twice,) "There is no difference in the specs of this TV and the one in the photo. Photos are for illustration purposes. The proper specs list can be found on the product support page by entering your model code (on the Samsung site.)'' I don't understand why they'd have photos that don't accurately represent the product, but at least it's cleared that up, ie there is only the one model. Both of the replies from Samsung stated the same thing.**

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 4 May 2013
P. woolley (UK) - See all my reviews
Although i didnt buy this TV from Amazon I wanted to praise this TV for what it offers.

Pros
Smart TV
Catchup TV
Record single channel
Timeshift
Crisp picture
Thin
Built in Wifi

Cons
Firmware not easy to update via USB

I never really wanted a Smart TV, as I thought it was a gimmick just like 3D TV, that was until I brought this for the bedroom. I was messing around with the laptop on Media Player when I spotted the stream button and my TV was listed. So I added a film and clicked stream to TV and WOW over wifi the film streamed perfectly and fully controllable by either the laptop or the remote. I also used my Android HTC phone and again was able to stream videos off the phone. I now watch films that I would have watched on the laptop, now on my TV, so much better.

The catchup is great and the S recommendations is brilliant. The only negative was trying to update the firmware. On the Samsung site the firmware was there (1012.1) yet the TV has 1011. On auto update it couldnt find the new firmware, so I downloaded the file onto a USB stick and extracted it, and when i plugged it into the TV and went to the software update it didnt see it. The saving grace was that Samsung are sending me out a USB stick with the firmware on it. They say by plugging that in the TV will instantly update the firmware, we will see!!!

Overall excellant and I would give it 4.5/5 stars.

**update, since the update its a 5/5**

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 16 Oct. 2013
really good picture, high quality, apps work perfectly and have learnt how to send movies from my iphone/ipad to the TV!!! Mint!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, loads of Smart features, SD upscaling mediocre, 2 Dec. 2013
Emteq "Emteq" (Down where the drunkards roll) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Samsung UE22F5410 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim Smart LED with Built-In Wi-Fi - White (Electronics)
I bought this to upgrade a Sony Bravia KDL22E5300 22-inch Widescreen which back in the day (2009) cost a fair whack but is now superseded on streaming and has no Freeview HD.

I looked at similar sized Sony TV but they wanted silly money for far less features, although I'd really prefer a Bravia panel.

In essence, this is a computer with a user-interface optimised watching TV so it has loads of options but equally can be confusing at times.

My thoughts on the Samsung -

+ Inbuilt Wi-fi without needing a ££ dongle is a big plus, no need to drop a LAN cable into bedroom
+ In white with the oversize perspex bezel it's unobtrusive in bedroom/kitchen
+ Easy set-up, I was connected to wi-fi and scanned Freeview without opening the manual
+ Loads of 'Smart' features inc. all the on-line catch-up apps and plenty of apps for Facebook etc. I guess inside the TV is really a PC.
+ 5V USB socket for charging phones
+ No screen pixelisation on Freeview HD even though my aerial is in the loft
+ I think it has about 2GB of RAM for downloading apps;
+ 'Legacy' connectors for games machines (SCART, component) plus HDMI
+ Freeview HD on the HD panel gives decent picture quality (once adjusted)
+ Can record shows to USB
+ Easy to select YouTube videos from iOS and then stream to TV
+ Remote control app for iPad

Negatives

- It's not dual-tuner so you can't record a programme to USB while watching another
- Sony has a more intuitive way of setting picture options for different inputs
- For initial setup, plugging in a USB mouse makes using the UI a lot quicker
- The 'social TV' idea doesn't really work in practice IMHO
- It didn't automatically replace SD channels with HD equivalents in channel guide
- Security concerns about linking all your logins for Facebook etc. to Samsung logib
- SD channel upscaling to the HD panel is nothing special,
- Out the box, Contrast is set to 100% with Dynamic processing On which looks horrid

Other points

o It's a 75mm VESA mount (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo3CYPJ24N66W5E/B00BXDK1CU/ref=cm_ciu_images_pl_link)
o Uses an external power-brick, which makes neat position on wall a bit more tricky
o Supposedly Samsungs 'phone home' with every detail about how you use the TV, what channels you watch etc.

And also brilliant customer service from Amazon, after Yodel let them down on delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little television with great internet features., 18 Dec. 2013
Bought this TV for my daughter who has since spent hours watching all of the Doctor Who series via NetFlix so overall I'd view that as a big success.
TV is not large but exactly as expected for a 22". Picture quality seems absolutely fine although I'm not an expert. The setup was not difficult and I was able to get it hooked into the internet via a physical ethernet cable in short order.
Navigating the TV menus still seems a little slow but I'm being picky here as the comparison I'm making is to modern tablet devices which do have a seamless interface. Almost every TV I've encountered has UI features which seem somewhat stilted in comparison and this is no exception.
One really nice feature is the ability to have easy recording features on the TV (rewind, record etc) just by plugging in a USB memory stick to the back of the TV. I had a spare one kicking around and all of a sudden the TV can act as a reasonably decent PVR.
Also impressed with the Sanyo app that is free to download allowing your tablet to act as a remote control although I'm not sure that the remote viewing feature is ever going to be fast/reliable enough to be able to use over WiFi.

Overall therefore a pretty fantastic device particularly at the price. Would recommend thoroughly.

5.0 out of 5 stars SLIM, COMPACT AND EASY TO USE, 11 Nov. 2013
These things are a steal at the new price of £189. But first, a word about the courier: I chose Amazon's free Super Saver delivery option when I ordered the TV. and it arrived the next day! So, well done Yodel.

If you're familiar with smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc. then setup and operation of this television is intuitive and easy. You'll be up and running smoothly in no time. In common with many thin flat TVs, the sound is a bit iffy, but is easily rectified by adding a pair of decent USB speakers (In my case, GOgroove SONAwave O2). With regard to recording programmes, Samsung are a little ambivalent about using USB flash drives - recommending instead, the use of a 5200rpm external hard drive. However, the TV formatted and then self-tested a spare 64gb flash drive I had lying around. The stick passed the test and is now happily recording and playing back TV programmes. There's no need to mention the television's smart attributes because they're already well documented. Anyway, they'll become apparent immediately you switch on.

In conclusion, this item is ideal for adding to your existing fleet of entertainment devices around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung UE22F5400 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim Smart LED TV with..., 15 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my husband in attempt to encourage him to come to bed with me rather than staying up most of the night. Once he learned how to use it properly he loved it and he now comes to bed at a more reasonable time which has improved our relationship by heaps

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG SMART TV, 12 Feb. 2014
White TV is ideal for the bedroom with amazing picture quality together with astounding SMART features and Apps. The online connection is useful and by adding a small keyboard and mouse you have a decent web browser. Bought from Amazon Warehouse as used (absolutely pristine) for £180 - real bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little TV but...., 15 Oct. 2013
Overall, this is a great small screen Smart TV. Great picture and features, superb looks. The built in wireless provides the usual smart TV features which until recently wouldnt have been avaibale at this level. Given how slim and compact, it's actually takes up less space than the 20inch it replaces. I actually wished I bought a bigger size, but Samsung seem to be skipping screen sizes as next size up is 32. However, there is just one area where there really is an issue and thats the sound...it's terrible. Loud enough yes, but sounds so tinnie. I've other slim samsung screens where this doesnt happen, but at this size and slimness there are limits on what can be achieved, so its a trade off. I'd perfer a deeper unit with better sound to super slim given the choice. So 'hear' before you buy if you have high expectations in the sound area.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not useful for watching TV...what's the point?, 13 Nov. 2014
This was bought for my sister's 18th and it was awful from the beginning.

The initial problem was the TV being stuck on whatever was being viewed due to all controls (on the set and remote) becoming unresponsive. It had to be turned off and on at the mains. This problem escalated when the TV set wouldn't turn back on after being unplugged then plugged in again. After this it would take a few weeks before it would turn on again.

This literally defeated the basic purpose of it and a complaint was sent to Samsung. They wanted us to take it in to them for repair as it is below 32"! I sent a complaint to Amazon this morning who have now set up a return as it is still within warranty. Very disappointed with Samsung's faulty device and service. I'll certainly think twice when purchasing anything Samsung in the future!