5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!
Arrived very quickly. Everything was in the box. Haven't had any problems with usage or functionality. I have had them for 3 weeks now and they look like they will last a long time
Published 5 months ago by Tafadzwa Kadere

2.0 out of 5 stars does what it should but poor material quality
I ordered these to expand my home gym. Overall they came at good price, lightning fast delivery (tip - order from amazon and save yourself the hassle of carrying them from the store) and pretty much they do what says on the box.
Published 9 months ago by Danny K.

2.0 out of 5 stars does what it should but poor material quality, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: physionics® HSTA28 Dumbbell Weights Set 40kg
But, despite being weights (a dumbbell is a dumbbell is a dumbbell) quality of the materials is not the highest. Discs are made of some plastic, filled with sand or similar. Bars and nuts, chromed, but kinda crude. You don't get the feeling of comfort, smoothness and quality. I couldn't help myself and I checked the weights on the scales - variation on any disc was +/-50g (not a real issue though).
They will go on for years, no doubts there, but now that I think of it, I would have preferred to dish out 30quid more and have just "nice" dumbbells.

UPDATE: I have been using them for few weeks now, so an observation (or 2!) is in order.
Firstly the nuts get loosened as I lift them (tightened before exercising - get loose after few lifts as discs 'try' to rotate). A bit annoying.
Secondly, having discs in plastic makes sense - drop them (yes, happens) and there is no hole in the floor. Great!
Thirdly, disc weight distribution is weird. The smallest is 1.25kg - why not 1? Which makes increases in slightly higher increments than I'd like. No matter, no biggie.
Lastly, I still think they feel cheap; seeing increase in muscle mass compensates quite well for the feeling ;)

UPDATE 2: Few months passed and sadly i need to drop a star to 2. they still do the job, but the closure caps have come loose on few discs. as a result here and there i find sand on the floor. i will not return them (dont care that much), but be warned - quality of materials is poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 1 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: physionics® HSTA28 Dumbbell Weights Set 40kg
Not worth it, sand leaks when bought, weights are uneven, the weights become lose after a few reps then need tightening, bloody awful

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN!!!, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: physionics® HSTA28 Dumbbell Weights Set 40kg
gOOD SET OF WEIGHTS IDEAL FOR HOME USE, PERFECT!! ALREAD SEEING THE BENEFITS. GOOD SOLID STRUCTURE THATS GONNA LAST AND SOLID WEIGHTS

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprised, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: physionics® HSTA28 Dumbbell Weights Set 40kg
I have been pleasantly surprised with these weights. I wasn't really expecting too much as they were cheap compared to others, and I know that filled plastic is not as good as chrome or other metal weights. I'm really chuffed, the bars are sturdy, the weights all seem to be equal in weight (ie - the 5kg seems to weigh the same as the next 5kg - although I've not tested them on scales), and the spinlock collars are good. I haven't been big into lifting weights previously, so I would definitely recommend these for beginners. The fact that you can alter them 2.5kg at a time (as you have to put 1.25kg on each side) is perfect for increasing weight slowly.
Really happy with price and delivery, and looking forward to toning up again.

physionics® HSTA28 Dumbbell Weights Set 40kg