on 14 July 1998
For the first few months that I owned these books, I went to bed each night reading them. The quantity of information makes these books the most useful astronomy guides (short of a good atlas) I have ever seen, but it is the extra comments (from theological to philosophical to historical) that make them truly wonderful. Much of the information is badly dated, but if I had to recommend one book to someone who loves to look through telescopes, this would be it, hands down.
on 13 May 2013
The book came well within the stated time but the best thing was the quality of the book. It was of such Excelent quality that it looked like new.I would have no hesitation in using this company again. C.M.
on 6 January 2010
Burnhams Celestial Handbooks may be a little dated, layout-wise, but I think they remain the definitive guidebooks for anyone who is in any way interested in astronomy. They are so full of fascinating data, not just for the observer, but for anyone who wants to know more about the stars and the constellations through to the more distant galaxies and deep space.
on 21 August 2014
A handbook every amateur astronomer should have in all three volumes. It arrived quickly and well packed.