5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fantasy, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Enter the Dragons (Kindle Edition)
I love fantasy that reinvents genre-established concepts and Tom Coppinger's Enter the Dragons certainly does that! I love dragons in fantasy but after Pern and Naomi Novik's Temeraire series, I wasn't sure there would be another fresh take on them. But now we have dragons coming from space! I really liked this concept and Coppinger does an excellent job of creating the dragons' rather alien voices and thought processes.

And this is a fun book to read. There's a wry sense of humour throughout that, though it doesn't deprecate the more serious character moments, takes the tropes of more generic fantasy and turns them on their head.

I'm very much looking forward to Coppinger's next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Surprise, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Enter the Dragons (Paperback)
Let's just start by saying that I love fantasy. However I never read a fantasy book which also involved Dragons..which is why on the hand I was skeptical, whereas on the other very fascinated. challenge accepted. bought it, read it, loved it!

the author depicts every scene like a movie director, and I could seriously see the images in front of my eyes while quickly turning each page to know what was going to happen next. also the new approach to Dragons as a civilised species, superior to men was definitely a very cool idea.

Bottom line: highly recommend it and please, Coppinger, get back with a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Be careful what you wish for..., 21 April 2013
M. Malone (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Enter the Dragons (Paperback)
Sir Roger and his squire Timothy wanting to fight some mythical creature get more than the bargain for when they come across a dragon nursery crash landed on earth. Action right from the start makes this a real page-turner and very hard to put down. Don't want to give away any plot but I love the dragons and their technology...and it is refreshing that they are the more advanced creatures here...wouldn't mind reading more about their world...get writing Mr Coppinger!

Enter the Dragons