5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, arrived at just the right time for me
After 2 years sober and feeling exactly how Liz feels, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and the monster on my shoulder woke up again and "helped" me get through my treatment. The only time I was sick during chemo was down to alcohol!!
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. Melissa J. Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic
Far too simplistic and not very helpful.
Repeats the obvious over and over.
Published 3 months ago by R M SMITH

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, arrived at just the right time for me, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
5 years on and off the wagon later, my relationship has ended and I am here to learn the lesson the universe has been teaching me all along. Alcohol is not my friend.
I have read lots of self help books on alcoholism but liz's resonated so much more with me and her advice on hypnosis and websites I had not heard of , gave me that extra bit if support.
I downloaded Joseph cloughs cd for the same price as a bottle of wine and feel totally positive and free again today.
I am about to retread her book and start a journal today.
Thank you for this honest book.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a book I can't recommend highly enough!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
Somewhere in this book there is a summary entitled "Reasons for stopping drinking". This summary is a recipe for a life well lived. The book tells the reader the author's journey through hell and back, through hell again and back again - many times - until she finally managed to arrive at a point where her real life started, her life well lived, where she can experience joy, freedom and happiness.
This is an extraordinarily important book. It should be compulsory reading for all alcoholics, which of course is wishful thinking. Besides, until alcoholics have reached a certain point, nothing can make them accept the need for change. But I am only uttering words. And that's the true strength of this book, it is not just a book comprising words and sentences: this book conveys emotions - enormously painful emotions, but also emotions that create understanding and can lead to healing. This book is not only important for alcoholics, it is equally important for everybody who want to understand the world and the suffering of people who just can't live without drinking. Reading this book is a must for the loved ones of alcoholics, for their friends, relatives and workmates.
This is a book I can't recommend highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars No place to hide, 27 Nov. 2013
P. Bennett (Staffordshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
I have just spent the evening reading this book. Normally, by this time, I would be half way down my second bottle of Pinot Grigio. But reading this book was like reading my adult life history and it has left no place for me to hide. So, the wine is still in the fridge and I have just really enjoyed a relaxing cup of camomile tea instead. Liz holds no punches when she describes her life as a drinker and it is not a pretty sight. If you are a woman and you feel you, too, need to stop drinking get this book and read it with an open mind. Be honest with yourself and good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of positive power in these words, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
A daunting book, in the best possible way. One of the things that I've found when dealing with alcoholism (not in me, but in a partner) is the denial, and the self justification to `just have a few more.' This book strips that away and offers an unflinching insight into what it means to be a drinker, to have those awful hangovers and the feeling of shame that goes with the things that you do when you're out of it. The blackouts, the days lost to it. I made my partner read it after I read it, and it helped me understand her a little more and it has made her step up her commitment to myself and our future, without the drink. Anyone who recognises anything in my review should consider this book. It could change a life or relationship for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
I always think that books can change your life. "I Need To Stop Drinking!" is magic. They are all true words. They come from the author's heart and experience. I could see through her eyes and I could learn from her experience. Drinking too much is really a big problem. The author shows clearly how alcohol can destroy your life but it also shows how everybody can succeed in defeating this horrible habit. I read this book because I was very worried for a friend of mine. After reading it, I finally learnt how to speak with her and at the end she decided to read it too. I'm so happy that I found this great help on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply motivating, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
Liz writes from an honest heart. This book is clear & simple & anyone who is having difficulty with alcohol will relate in some way to this wonderful book.
It has inspired me & given me hope.
I'm 8 days sober & if I can feel as happy as Liz by continuing a healthier life then I am a very lucky woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
I'm so glad I found this book. Honestly written I identified with so much it could have been written about me. It is simple, well written, jargon free and contemporary for today's alcohol consumed society. My journey so far has been a roller coaster of dry outs and relapses. This book has given me inspiration that in essence I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by quitting alcohol. I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with alcohol. I read it in a few hours but think it will have have a lasting effect on my life. Thank you Liz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decisive, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
This book has done me a huge service by putting me onto EFT techniques which was something completely alien to me. It might sound like mumbo-jumbo but it certainly isn't and I'm so thankful I've discovered it. Very grateful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful reading, 20 Oct. 2014
Lisa F (Oldham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
This was an interesting read. As someone with a recovering alcoholic as a family member, it was interesting to me to get an insight into the behaviour and emotions of an alcoholic. It also made me examine my own feelings about alcohol and my relationship with it.

Sometimes funny, often poignant and always down to earth, this book helps us question what- if anything- we are giving up when we chose to stop drinking, and what do we gain instead. There are also practical and helpful tips on how to stay motivated to keep off the booze so that there is something for every personality type to choose from to keep them 'on the wagon'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Read, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: I Need To Stop Drinking! (Kindle Edition)
Sometimes you come across books that's just inspirational, this books is one of them.

The demon drink is hard thing to kick and I guess until you have actually lived it, you don't really know how much. The author gives an open account of her own dealings with alcoholism, detailing her journey to recovery noting advice for those wishing to do the same.

Summing up this book has a lot to offer, its honest it's frank and highly recommended for anyone dealing with a drink problem.

I Need To Stop Drinking!