5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know about how to bring villains to life in your fiction, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Writing About Villains (Writer's Craft Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
This book is excellent. It gives clear easy to read breakdowns of the various villainous characters, (Psychopath, Deranged Scientist, Evil Overlord, Conartist, Sadist, etc), their motivations, and how to bring them to life. It also includes the pitfalls to avoid as well. The book goes on to discuss the villains henchmen, or women, and what motivates them to stay around the villain. Aimed more at those starting out in their writing, its thorough enough without being too anecdotal, or a tome. Although the experienced writer might gain some added inspiration from it as well. Illustrated examples using the author's work then give that extra insight. If I said this book changed my life I'd be lying....if I said it changed my approach to writing about villains then that is an understatement..It reminds me of those 'Little Book' series...........perhaps it should have been titled 'The Little Book of Villains', and its very reasonably priced as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself to this book (and others from the Writer's Craft series!), 4 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is another quality resource from the Writer's Craft series by Rayne Hall.
If you want to write realistic villains that not only antagonise and conflict your characters but stir genuine debate amongst your readers then you should buy this book. Short assignments are given throughout that explore all aspects of your villains and give advice on what to avoid!
I can also recommend the other books in the Writer's Craft series - They are not condescending or dry. Rayne Hall writes each one like a good friend sharing the secrets of their success. Masses of useful resources from websites to video clips are also included, each book is better than any writing course I have been to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple, easy read!, 26 Jan 2014
For any of your aspiring or struggling writers, this is the book for you (amongst Rayne Hall's other works). I am a published author, with one novel out (No Secrets: Eternity Series; available on Amazon also) at only 18, but I knew my next book needed to step up. I'm now seeking books and other materials to help improve my writing, characters and plot to be as deep as I'm envisioning it in my head. Rayne Hall provides an array of truly useful information about villains, considering elements you may not have considered before or things you didn't realise you were doing and how you could expand upon them. As a slow reader, and a poor one, I loved this book! It helped me without confusing me or shoving a lot of junk down my throat! I already knew who my villains were because of the complexity of my sequel (having various PoV characters) I was finding it hard establishing the villains and how they fit it. Each villain needed to be real from each PoV and this book helped with that! Thanks Rayne Hall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your bad guy come to life!, 4 Jan 2014
This is a great little book. After reading just the first 10 pages,(obviously there is plenty more) watching TV series or movies is never the same again. It's enjoyable in the sense you become aware of who the bad guys are and how far they are prepared to go. There is a saying, "without a bad guy, there is no story", Ms Hall is definitely the master of bad guys. for all I know, she probably is one lol only because she explains them so well..looking for the perfect bad for your story? look no further cos this book as everything..