5.0 out of 5 stars So imaginative!
Published on 5 April 2012 by Elyse S.

3.0 out of 5 stars All the Action right at the end
This Novel was one of my DSOA's from way back when .... oh okay, March this year, and I've finally found the time to read it.

For me this was a touch too boring, there seemed to very little action taking place until right towards the very, very end.

Published 14 months ago by Toodles Book Club

5.0 out of 5 stars So imaginative!, 5 April 2012
I have just finished reading All the Paths of Shadow and can't stop thinking about the main character, Meralda Ovis. As mage to the Crown of Tirlin, she presents exactly the type of young strong female protagonist we love and need to see more of. She's independant and strong and brilliant, using wits, skills, and hard work to solve problems. She's wise beyond her years and possesses a grace, bravery and intellect that you don't normally see in YA books today. She must rely on her own devices to solve problems and even with the weight of her realm on her shoulders, she is extremely up to the task and never gives up. A character like this is always refreshing to see and you can't help but root for her the entire novel.

I love how Frank Tuttle weaved real world scenarios with the fantastical elements of magic. As I read, there were so many times I just stopped, floored at the very ideas and creations he came up with. His characters were all compelling, extremely vivid and I simply can't wait to read the next book in the series. Excellent, excellent book.

3.0 out of 5 stars All the Action right at the end, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: All the Paths of Shadow (Kindle Edition)

The actual plot line, it it had been snappier and with a few interesting twists worked in would have created really quite a nice piece of fiction, it just failed to perform.

On the bright side, the characterisation wasn't bad. I particularly loved Mug, Merelda's familiar, especially his little throw away dialogue here and there, he could in actual fact have carried the lead role, he was so well written.

I would be interested to see if Merelda and her Hang Cook got it together, and so would be tempted to read more, but with fingers crossed that the Author could pull off the promise that she showed.

All in all 3 Stars from me. There were a few errors, as is all too often the case with ebooks, but I didn't deduct any points off for them (as always, you can see them in the Errors/Bug Bear section of my Blog Post #390 in October 2013).

5.0 out of 5 stars All the paths of shadow . . . . . ., 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: All the Paths of Shadow (Kindle Edition)
Just finished - a lovely read! I really liked the subtle character development and the descriptive style of the novel made it easy to stay involves with the plot while clearly visualise the scene - again - lovely!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Easy Read, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: All the Paths of Shadow (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable read, good crossover between magic & technology.
Story flows well, Mug brilliant.

Downside - Ending could do with a little more work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 May 2013
This review is from: All the Paths of Shadow (Kindle Edition)
Very well written and engrossing story that had me and kept me all through. I want more.
Lots of original ideas that, with good character building gave a great believability which is the true character of a great book. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 11 April 2013
J. Bradley "hmm?" (Mare Crisium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All the Paths of Shadow (Kindle Edition)
Truly a fantasy gem. It expertly combines world building with character development and plot progression to weave an engrossing stand alone tale. It you'd enjoy well written fantasy in a historicalesque Victorian era setting then you would be insane not to buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise for All the Paths of Shadow, 11 Jan 2012
If you want to read a book that will keep you awake until 3 am because you can't put it down, then this is the book for you. My first thought on finishing it was I need the next one. Frank has created a unique world filled with both magic and realism. The people inhabiting his world act like real people down to the fact that Merelda, the first female mage and youngest holder of the office attracts her own following of pensmiths much as a modern day celebrity attracts the paparazzi. The book is filled with characters that you will love or hate from Mug the house plant with a great line in sarcasm to the King whose ideas really should have stayed buried in his brain.

What more can I say apart from the fact that I loved the book and look forward to reading more.

All the Paths of Shadow