5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. A class act.
This is the third Fiio product i have bought and by far the best. The quality throughout the product from the build to the sound is truly wonderful. I have only had the E12 for 3 days now but the step up from the E11 is so vast.

Published 20 months ago by KC

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing detail, but ...
Really great detail, but a slightly boxy sound and for me just too much bass and treble, so I returned it. I spent more and got an Emmeline "P-51 Mustang" from Ray Samuels Audio. It's much smaller, has a much longer battery life and personally I feel it's a better-sounding amp.
Published 3 months ago by Harmonic

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. A class act., 6 April 2013
This review is from: FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier (Electronics)

This amp is not about the sound level , although there is plenty - the detail, clarity and warmth of sound is a delight for your ears from the moment you switch on. It has made my Ipod Classic come alive.

The sleek style, luxury feel, quality built and finish is impressive. A true A class portable hi fi amp in your pocket that lives up to the name - Mont Blanc

Note using the FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars FiiO E12 Mont Blanc stunning headphone amp!!!, 30 Aug 2013
Alex (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
Eventually took the plunge and after much research bought this fantastic portable headphone amp.

I have been using Sennheiser momentum headphones with an IPOD Classic and the difference in both quality and volume can be compared to night and day!!

You can hear sounds you never heard before, it really does enhance the listening experience. Whilst you are spending over £100, it is a fair old chunk of money, however, it is so worth it (don't forget to get a little better sound from top end devices, you will be paying 5-10 times more!)

One pointer mentioned also by others is the benefit (if using an IPOD) to purchase the FiiO L3 line out dock cable for around £10 which enhances the experience still further.

Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars first class, 23 Aug 2013
I have just upgraded from the Fiio E7 using a Sony mp3 player. The difference is significant and well worth the outlay. Its close if not identical to the type of definition and clarity you get from the desktop e9. It has a nice warm slant (perhaps more so than the e9), which is no bad thing. It retains good separation and clarity with terrific 'slam' and definition. You can really feel the power that underlies this amp. I use Grado sr125i's with the e9, but for the e12 I use portable AKG 450's and the difference is very noticeable with the AKG's. You therefore need decent, but not necessarily expensive phones to hear the benefits. You will however benefit greatly from the line out cable (LOD) linking the mp3 device to the amp. This makes a massive difference compared to the standard 3.5mm jack to jack which does not bypass the volume controls of the mp3 player. So far as I am aware Fiio do LOD cables for Apple and Sony. If you are using another device and cannot use a LOD cable think twice about investing because you wont get the full benefit. The build quality is stunning for the price and actually looks better in the flesh than the pics suggest.Its about the size of an Apple iphone, but with a bit thicker. Fiio have also brought out the x3 - an excellent digital audio player and are due to bring out an x5 with twin dacs. I'm currently thinking of purchasing one of these as I have been so impressed with this amp product. I sound like a sales guy for fiio - but I'm not. Just very pleased with their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiio E12 Mont Blanc Review, 9 Oct 2013
Mr. R. J. Connor "ricky" (egremont uk) - See all my reviews
I am running this little beauty paired with an ipod classic 160gb with custom lod and I have to say,compared with my fiio e11 it blows its socks off,clarity and separation is second to none for this price of amp,I am very,very pleased with it,it drives my shure se535's wild!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars These are more sensitive and have a better frequency range than Beats headphones, 7 Nov 2014
I don't listen to much music on the move as I am not an anti-social git on buses and trains. However, all I wanted was volume as some rock has to be loud. THIS IS LOUD! I may have to get bigger headphones. My current ones are the superb AKG K450s. These are more sensitive and have a better frequency range than Beats headphones, but then, I'm not a fashion victim. Also, Dr Dre isn't a real doctor and he knows nothing about headphone design or acoustic science. Very good little amplifier this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality in a very well designed, high-quality product, 8 Nov 2014
Used in conjunction with FIIO's X5 player/DAC - makes a considerable difference to using the X5 alone. Definitely worth the money if you want 'hifi' sound on the go !

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase for a long time, outstanding., 2 Oct 2014
I dont know where to start really,

It would be true to say that this device has rekindled and revolutionised my music experience again.

where 'I' devices have clipped sound quality and volume the E12 has given it back to me.

My own type of music ranges from classical to sixties to modern electronic dance music and just about anything that touches me within.

The E12 has enough settings combined with My 80g ipod classic's equaliser settings to do just about anything.

Also I fell down some rocks on the coast badly injuring my hand about a week ago. The E12 suffered a bent volume control and headphone jack.

I just bent them back carefully and hey presto it works perfectly with no issues despite the damage.

I am glad it was only my hand that got smashed up and not the E12 !!!!!!!!

One last thing, get the best set of headphones you can afford. I have some Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBL and they are good but I suspect that you could get even better sound from a real serious pair of headphones.

Worth every penny in my view.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 8 May 2013
Mr. R. W. Tracey "rickytracey2" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I found the volume levels on my new tablet to be very un-satisfiing so decided to get an AMP. I knew of this brand but noticed the E12 was the new flagship product so thought I'd go for it.

It has vastly improved the overall listening experience from my Samsung Galaxy tab & adds a decent amount of volume when required. I'm using Shure SE530's which are fairly easy drive. (The Galaxy tab alone does not drive these well)

This is a good product for IEM's. It's not nearly powerful enough to properly drive my Sen HD650's though. Know what you're getting & what your getting it for & you'll be as happy as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier., 16 Jun 2014
Peter Burgess "scotty" (Norfolk. UK) - See all my reviews
Instrument quality finish inspires confidence in this little amplifier. Chosen for use with AKG 701's
it does an excellent job with these demanding 'phones.
The built-in battery has good reserves of power for several hours of reliable use.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice beautifully made and sounds impressive, 14 Nov 2014
Very nice beautifully made and sounds impressive. I bought mine based on reading but you need to decide what source you will use and whether your headphones need to be driven by an amp or otherwise benefit - testing might be preferable but I don't know that there are many outlets where you can do this. Hopefully therefore reporting on my set-up will be useful especially if people with other set-ups do likewise:

I am using with a Fiio X3 which can drive my Sennheiser HD598 however this amp adds power detail and separation for files that need it there is a bass boost which doesn't colour the sound too much.

This combination has completely rejuvenated my interest in portable music.