5.0 out of 5 stars FiiO E12 Mont Blanc stunning headphone amp!!!
Eventually took the plunge and after much research bought this fantastic portable headphone amp.

I have been using Sennheiser momentum headphones with an IPOD Classic and the difference in both quality and volume can be compared to night and day!!

Published 19 months ago by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Hold fire and consider other options
For just under £100 I was expecting a little more. The delivery of sound is very good, but the base is not nearly as powerful as I envisaged. In fact the gaming head phones I had been using previously actually match or possible exceed the power delivered by the device. Personally unless you need this I would save your money and simply invest in the headphones that have...
Published 2 months ago by MR B M JONES

5.0 out of 5 stars FiiO E12 Mont Blanc stunning headphone amp!!!, 30 Aug. 2013
Alex (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FiiO E12 Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier (Electronics)

You can hear sounds you never heard before, it really does enhance the listening experience. Whilst you are spending over £100, it is a fair old chunk of money, however, it is so worth it (don't forget to get a little better sound from top end devices, you will be paying 5-10 times more!)

One pointer mentioned also by others is the benefit (if using an IPOD) to purchase the FiiO L3 line out dock cable for around £10 which enhances the experience still further.

Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound quality., 29 Dec. 2014
R. F. Hawkins - See all my reviews
Now I read all the reviews before I bought this and as I'm a Grumpy Old Git who abandoned serious Hi-Fi when big speakers no longer fitted in my "downsized" home, much of what's been written went over my head. So, I bought it because I'd invested in a pair of AKG K702 headphones and needed something to drive them. This is a brilliant piece of kit and it's very powerful. Also, if you're using an iPod etc and buy the cable that connects to the 30-pin socket the sound quality is stunning. But it must be remembered that quality in Hi-Fi is determined by the weakest link in the system. So, this piece of kit will never significantly improve the sound quality if you're using it with cheap headphones or your sound source input is ""pre-amplified" by a poor quality sound-card in your PC or other audio device.

I've discovered depth and complexity within my music library that has made me want to just sit and listen to all 13,000 tracks I have on my PC. I play downloads that have been purchased from Amazon and which are therefore available on "Amazon Music" via my Kindle Fire and although that has a built-in amp., the sound quality through this piece of kit is truly outstanding.

One review clearly stated that with good headphones, you will be able to recognise poor quality recordings and that's very true. Despite my age, I'm into Trance music and inferior quality recording show no depth or width to the sound-stage. It wouldn't be fair to blame the amplifier for that.

In summary, probably the best investment I've made after the AKGs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful. A class act., 6 April 2013
This is the third Fiio product i have bought and by far the best. The quality throughout the product from the build to the sound is truly wonderful. I have only had the E12 for 3 days now but the step up from the E11 is so vast.

This amp is not about the sound level , although there is plenty - the detail, clarity and warmth of sound is a delight for your ears from the moment you switch on. It has made my Ipod Classic come alive.

The sleek style, luxury feel, quality built and finish is impressive. A true A class portable hi fi amp in your pocket that lives up to the name - Mont Blanc

Note using the FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality in a very well designed, high-quality product, 8 Nov. 2014
Used in conjunction with FIIO's X5 player/DAC - makes a considerable difference to using the X5 alone. Definitely worth the money if you want 'hifi' sound on the go !

5.0 out of 5 stars first class, 23 Aug. 2013
I have just upgraded from the Fiio E7 using a Sony mp3 player. The difference is significant and well worth the outlay. Its close if not identical to the type of definition and clarity you get from the desktop e9. It has a nice warm slant (perhaps more so than the e9), which is no bad thing. It retains good separation and clarity with terrific 'slam' and definition. You can really feel the power that underlies this amp. I use Grado sr125i's with the e9, but for the e12 I use portable AKG 450's and the difference is very noticeable with the AKG's. You therefore need decent, but not necessarily expensive phones to hear the benefits. You will however benefit greatly from the line out cable (LOD) linking the mp3 device to the amp. This makes a massive difference compared to the standard 3.5mm jack to jack which does not bypass the volume controls of the mp3 player. So far as I am aware Fiio do LOD cables for Apple and Sony. If you are using another device and cannot use a LOD cable think twice about investing because you wont get the full benefit. The build quality is stunning for the price and actually looks better in the flesh than the pics suggest.Its about the size of an Apple iphone, but with a bit thicker. Fiio have also brought out the x3 - an excellent digital audio player and are due to bring out an x5 with twin dacs. I'm currently thinking of purchasing one of these as I have been so impressed with this amp product. I sound like a sales guy for fiio - but I'm not. Just very pleased with their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are more sensitive and have a better frequency range than Beats headphones, 7 Nov. 2014
I don't listen to much music on the move as I am not an anti-social git on buses and trains. However, all I wanted was volume as some rock has to be loud. THIS IS LOUD! I may have to get bigger headphones. My current ones are the superb AKG K450s. These are more sensitive and have a better frequency range than Beats headphones, but then, I'm not a fashion victim. Also, Dr Dre isn't a real doctor and he knows nothing about headphone design or acoustic science. Very good little amplifier this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiio E12 Mont Blanc Review, 9 Oct. 2013
Mr. R. J. Connor "ricky" (egremont uk) - See all my reviews
I am running this little beauty paired with an ipod classic 160gb with custom lod and I have to say,compared with my fiio e11 it blows its socks off,clarity and separation is second to none for this price of amp,I am very,very pleased with it,it drives my shure se535's wild!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little amp with excellent sound!, 12 Mar. 2015
Supplied by EA Audio, this tiny amp sounds absolutely stunning when paired with my Beyer DT 880 & 990 cans. Running off various players such as 5th Gen Ipod, IPhone 4 and IPad 2 / Mini, I am amazed by the excellent sound quality this amp provides. I am using the 16db gain, and Bass boost turned off (not a fan of this bass boost feature). In flat settings, this amp is very neutral, with a decent amount of juice to make my cans 'sing' with a great stereo image and a well balanced sound. The lows are nice and tight, whilst the midrange stays very clean right into the airy highs, I experienced no harshness from this amp whatsoever. The stereo Alps pot is fairly decent, with better than expected stereo balance, even at extremely low levels, the stereo tracking was just fine. I get the impression this amp would have cost a lot more money had it been slighty bigger chassis, in a mains powered desktop format along with a large knob - easily three times the price. I was considering the Schiit Magni 2 amp, but thought to give the Fiio E12 a shot first, and so far have not been disappointed. I have yet to try this amp with my HD 600's and will update my review soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase for a long time, outstanding., 2 Oct. 2014
I dont know where to start really,

It would be true to say that this device has rekindled and revolutionised my music experience again.

where 'I' devices have clipped sound quality and volume the E12 has given it back to me.

My own type of music ranges from classical to sixties to modern electronic dance music and just about anything that touches me within.

The E12 has enough settings combined with My 80g ipod classic's equaliser settings to do just about anything.

Also I fell down some rocks on the coast badly injuring my hand about a week ago. The E12 suffered a bent volume control and headphone jack.

I just bent them back carefully and hey presto it works perfectly with no issues despite the damage.

I am glad it was only my hand that got smashed up and not the E12 !!!!!!!!

One last thing, get the best set of headphones you can afford. I have some Audio-Technica ATH-M50XBL and they are good but I suspect that you could get even better sound from a real serious pair of headphones.

Worth every penny in my view.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 8 May 2013
Mr. R. W. Tracey "rickytracey2" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I found the volume levels on my new tablet to be very un-satisfiing so decided to get an AMP. I knew of this brand but noticed the E12 was the new flagship product so thought I'd go for it.

It has vastly improved the overall listening experience from my Samsung Galaxy tab & adds a decent amount of volume when required. I'm using Shure SE530's which are fairly easy drive. (The Galaxy tab alone does not drive these well)

This is a good product for IEM's. It's not nearly powerful enough to properly drive my Sen HD650's though. Know what you're getting & what your getting it for & you'll be as happy as me.