5.0 out of 5 stars A case with a good compromise between space and footprint
Excellent case, putting together a PC in this case is a breeze due to the amount of space you have to work with. In my opinion its a very good compromise between space for components whilst maintaining a relatively small footprint

+ fits H100i
+ fits large ATX PSUs, I have a 1200w fully modular installed(reused before someone shouts 'overkill')
+...
Published 7 months ago by Cheshh

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but could be built better
Ok, but not as sturdy and sound as it is made out to be. It could have been built better. The magetic flaps at the bottom just keep falling open and the upper compartmets stick and don't open.
Published 3 months ago by Anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars A case with a good compromise between space and footprint, 12 May 2014

+ fits H100i
+ Graphics card length clearance
+ Loads of room for cable management

- Large amount of flex to chassis once optical support bracket removed
- Graphics cards which are 'wide' may not fit, I have an MSI 270x which only just fits with the twin frozr cooler although it was tight.
- Connecting up the hard drives is a serious pain when you want to change them, really would have liked to see a hot swappable feature here
- Apparently a 200mm fan can be installed in the front, you will need to 'bend'!? some metal supports for the optical drive for it to fit. Also theres no way you will fit it with a H100 or other radiator installed.

I did alot of research before purchasing as I wanted a small case and I settled on the 250d due to the balance of size and space.
I initially purchased the EVGA hadron but was disappointed with the amount of noise its PSU makes and sold it on
During my research for both cases I wanted to compare the sizes with other cases and ended up building a bit of a list of cases and their respective sizes which i have included below if its useful to you(Disclaimer: May not be 100% accurate)

Total Size(Cubic litres)
Bitfenix prodigy 36,259,000
Arc Mini R2 41,164,200
corsair 350D 41,580,000
Fractal R4 56,299,904

4.0 out of 5 stars If I could, it would be 4.5 out of 5 - a monster of a case, albeit with a few flaws that detract from the overall quality, 15 Feb 2014
First up, this case is massive and I mean, beastly massive. With the mobo in there and a couple of 780s, the amount of space left with which to work is fantastic and makes building a new rig a much more pleasurable experience.

Lots of room for drives (space for 6 standard and 3 more hot-swap) and space to install another 3 slot cage if required.

There are a few negatives, however, which you ought to be aware of...

1) Screwing gear into the slots isn't all that easy, because the back plates that are removed to allow access for soundcards, GPUs. etc are behind a big lip of metal. Curved screwdriver with magnet is essential here, or you risk some frustration.

2) The HD cages are quite flimsy compared to the competition (in my case, a HAF-X was my prior build case). As such, even when clipped into the cages the drives easily come loose if you're moving things around or tipping the case. I even had a couple of broken latches on the front that I had to fix manually.

3) The bottom of the case, both sides are flaps that drop down to allow access to HD cages and such without having to open the main side panels. However, these only close via two small magnets and when your cabling is all setup and you put the side window panel back on, sometimes the flaps just don't stay shut. I wish Corsair had supplied an alternative latch to the magnets, so for now I have an open ticket with Corsair on what I can do to make sure they stay closed.

So yeah, the best case I've ever owned without a doubt and something I can't see being upgraded anywhere in the future. However, just a few niggles keep it from greatness and you can't help feel they've taken a plastic/cheap route in some areas where, for the price, they really shouldn't have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 26 Mar 2012
Great case. Loads of space inside the case, more than I saw on the internet. Reality is better.
Love almost everything about it. The only thing I would say it is missing would be more space behind the motherboard/ inside the back panel for stacking the cables. Do not get me wrong, has enough of space for cables, but I would of enjoyed a bit more, 2 more cm would of been great. Else, definitely a great buy.

Would buy again if having to choose.
Good shipping, though a rip in the packaging right in front of the acrylic scared me. But everything was whole in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant!, 28 Oct 2014
Every reviewer out there praising this case is absolutely right. It's a huge, amazing, well-built case.

A full ATX motherboard looks like an add-on board in it. The smoked window on the side panel is screaming for some LED strips / LED fans. Ample space for water cooling loops, decent sound proofing (nothing's rattling inside), excellent materials, decent cable management space at the back.

The only downside I can think of is the thickness of the side-panels (would've loved them to be a bit more sturdy and possibly have a latch instead of the thumbscrews). It's a bit expensive but you do get what you pay for. Can't imagine changing this case in the near future for anything else.

Would recommend: 4.8/5

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but could be built better, 30 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of space to work in but still easy enough to build., 27 Nov 2014
This is a very nice case. Perfect for a desktop build where you're not after the biggest and baddest hardware. I won't tell you what can fit in. The specs will do that. I will however say that all the cable ties, the dust filters and fan mounts are very handy. I have 2 side and one front intake. It There are plenty of holes for passive expulsion of hot air but, with all the air getting in there, it's just not that hot!

In terms of GPU, I know you can fit an MSI GTX 970 with a few millimetres to spare at the top. The Asus STRIX version of the same card will not fit, unfortunately. Most triple fan solutions will probably be a little too long but I have seen the odd build with one in there, at a push. Reference cooling solutions should be fine, especially from NVidia.Be sure to check your GPU is no bigger than 2 PCI-E slots. The side panel probably won't go back on, if it is.

In terms of CPU coolers, I know this is built to pack as much high end gear into as little space as possible, but AIO liquid coolers aren't the only option, if you're not into overclocking. Personally, I have a Thermalright AXP-100 Muscle inside and there is tons of space up top. Not many air coolers will fit so try and check that your cooler isn't taller than 10cm, including the mounting system. Anything with vertical 120mm fan is a no no. If your fan lies in parallel with your motherboard, you should be alright. In terms of AIO coolers, you'd struggle to get anything thicker than a H100i in there. A H105 is not officially supported but with 12.5mm thick fans, there's a good chance it will, but then there are sacrifices to be made on which fans you can use.

Overall, I love the design, build quality and ease of use that this case offers. It looks great, has a cool little top window and lots of room for hardware you wouldn't expect to fit in there. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, 31 Dec 2013
I went for this case because my previous case was a little bit too crowded and had very limited cable management options which pushed temperatures up higher than they should have been. I like Corsair products and I am not disappointed. The case is very roomy inside, allowing for unrestricted airflow and overall it looks very sleek with premium finishing.

I did not give it five stars for two reasons.

1. The frontal USB ports are too close together which is restrictive when you want to place different sized/large or large male USB plugs in. The work around would be to get a short USB extension cable, but that's quite messy.
2. Although all of the right ingredients are there for fantastic cable management, I feel that an extra 5mm depth on the reverse side of the main compartment would have made this the complete case for me.

It took me hours of wrestling with wires/cables to get them in the right configuration to get it closed without a bulge. I have 4 storage drives (3 x SSD; 1 x HDD) and getting the SATA power cables to flatten out was a nightmare and all the time the risk of damaging either the drive power ports or the cables weighed on my mind but I finally managed it.

I've posted pictures of my solution using this case under customer pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case For Someone Who Likes Good Cable Management, 17 May 2014
This case is great! it provides everything, many fans and radiator positions. The case has a nice clean look, the fans that come with the case are brilliant and do the job. The side window is excellent

Pros:
Roomy interior
Great cooling
Side Window
USB 3.0 header
Great for exspansion

Cons:
Case cables such as HDD LED are way too short and I did have to pull and tugg to put those cables in
Power button is a bit tough to press

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fabulous!, 14 Jan 2014
This case is simply fabulous!

I've built many PCs in my time, but I've never come across a case anywhere near this good.
I was amazed at the quality of this case when I first got it out of its carton and it hasn't stopped amazing me; the build quality is outstanding.

The fit of all the easily removable (and sound insulated) panels are perfect; the drive caddies are a dream - so easy to use. The magnetic air filters are easy to remove, clean and replace. The two front intake fans and one rear exhaust fan are large and quiet in operation. It comes with a good selection of screws, although I only needed a few of them for the motherboard, cable converters if you need them and cable ties to keep things tidy.

I can't praise this Corsair Obsidian highly enough - the asking price seems incredibly low when you've spent some time viewing and working with this case.

An easy five stars - Five Gold Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars So much space :D, 11 Oct 2013
Case is perfect and spacious gives me the ability to expand my build if i need to :) was definitely what i wanted and cannot fault.

would advice to keep the box hand to keep the side panels in so they dont get damaged ..... scratches show up pretty easy.

this thing is a visual dust magnet.