5.0 out of 5 stars Nice game!
This game try to innovate and it does it. Is fun and I think is a step on the right direction, if we support their developments buying it, maybe we will see something great in the future.

Deliver was fast and the product arrived in perfect conditions.
Published 4 months ago by Sirion

3.0 out of 5 stars Time and...a little more Time
I could be lynched for writing this but I actually enjoy playing this game.

Published 12 months ago by doodletribe

3.0 out of 5 stars Time and...a little more Time, 2 July 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Time and Eternity (PS3) (Video Game)
I could be lynched for writing this but I actually enjoy playing this game.

Time and Eternity is a Jrpg (which apparently means Japanese role-playing game... but aren't most of them jrpgs?.... i don't understand the difference between regular RPGs and JRPGs) and I like this game. Its not a Final Fantasy (no-where near), Tale of Graces (not a hope) etc. But if you can get past any pre-conceptions - its a lovely game. I chose to ignore the wince-worthy sections of dialogue (mostly a very inappropriate blue dragon) and focus on the fun and often lovely bits instead.

The graphics are nice and hand-drawn. I've read other reviews that critise the graphics - but i like the style. The characters are 2D and the environments 3D - it does take a moment (or twelve) to get used to. Its a strange combination and I recommend changing the camera (R2 seems to pull back the camera a bit and you can see your characters in full). It is Not a "A new class of hi-def animation RPG!" - because unfortunately Ni No Kuni (another stunning rpg) was released earlier in the year. At best - its pleasant.

The three main characters - you get fond of. Toki is sweet (a bit sickly) but is offset by Towa; who is fantastically harsh and brutal (my favourite). The dragon will start off as a creep but i've played it for 15hrs so far and he kinda grows on you - he has moments of insight. The writing (dialogue) could be better but its not awful.

The music is nice (composer Yuzo Koshiro) and I don't mind listening to it for hours. The 'fight' music manages to be really energetic but not irritating. I really liked the music - its not intrusive.

The combat system can be repetitive but it definately keeps you on your 'realtime' toes. There's also a thing called Time Magic which initially I ignored but later on - it will save you. The skill tree is good and helps alot.

Side Quests - I've gotten addicted.

Overall - It's an ok game. It won't win awards and by the time I've finished it...hopefully Tales of Xillia will be out. But if you want a bit of harmless fluff - its worth a gander. Honestly...I don't think the game is worth 34 - but if it drops to 19 or lower and no other rpg is available - Carry on my Wayward Sons (and daughters) and ditch any preconceptions. It's kinda fun. I know i've used phrases like 'Its nice' / 'not awful' and 'not intrusive' - i might as well write 'the company should try harder next time' - But! It's enjoyable and (brace yourself) - Different. I've never played a game quite like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice game!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Time and Eternity (PS3) (Video Game)

Deliver was fast and the product arrived in perfect conditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Time and Eternity (PS3) (Video Game)
if you like hand drawn anime like dragonball z then you'll like this as its all hand drawn and really well done, havent played much of it so far but it has a good story line and the fighting mechanics are simple to pick up without making you press loads of buttons for help and tips. seems pretty long too at least 30 hrs i'd say if you're like me and cant help doing a few side quests along the way.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 2 Aug 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Time and Eternity (PS3) (Video Game)
Bought it since it looked pretty interesting, the result is rather disappointing.

Graphics-
Nice hi-res sprites though the animations are pretty bad and the backgrounds remind me of PS1 days.

Story-
The premise of going back in time to prevent your fiancée from being killed is pretty cool and a break from the usual lets save the world thing.

Gameplay-
Combat is in real time and is probably the best part of the game. The rest of the game involves walking through uninspired quest areas and selecting people to talk to for quest from a map screen. It's functional but just incredibly boring.

Sound-
Dual audio is nice. The Japanese cast don't seem to involved in conversations and the English V/O is suitably cheesy.

Overall.
Its functional at best. If you want to play a JRPG, I'd suggest waiting for Tales of Xillia

Time and Eternity (PS3)
Time and Eternity (PS3) by NIS America (PlayStation 3)
15.72