5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny
I think I know what you're thinking. I'd think it too. You probably think I am some hyper fan that is punting the album due to the presence of a strong bias in favour of the band. I won't deny that I am a fan and that I have listened to all of their albums and even Jesse's Times of Grace album. We all have subjective predilections and dispositions but like good Supreme...
Published 23 months ago by KennyG

3.0 out of 5 stars Killswitch re-Engage and Disarm with a somewhat hit & miss return
Killswitch Engage have always been at the top of the modern Metalcore explosion, releasing a series of intelligent sounding albums with a gradual decline in quality of the years, somewhat stagnating with the self titled release in 2009.

Now they are back, back with the original vocalist and a punchier heavier direction, but is this what was anticipated by the...
Published on 5 April 2013 by S. Betteridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Killswitch Engage!!!, 21 Sept. 2013
Its great to have Jesse Leach back on a KSE album after all these years, it's defiantly an improvement over there last album, fast paced songs and Jesses screaming and singing is great to hear again, ill still miss Howard as he was just amazing and I still think Alive or Just Breathing is still Jesse's best KSE album but this is still a return to form and one 2013s best metal albums

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album KsE have done for a while, 15 Sept. 2013
Mr. A. J. Tennant "Metalhead" (Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
Disarm the Descent, in my opinion, is the best album Killswitch Engage have done since their 2004 album The End of Heartache, I think it's so much better than 2006's As Daylight Dies and the second self-titled album from 2009 which I felt were too soft musicwise. This album marks a welcome return of original vocalist Jesse Leach who previously provided vocals for the band's first two albums Killswitch Engage (2000) and Alive or Just Breathing (2002), and was replaced by Howard Jones for the next three albums they did before Jones left in 2012. Parts of Disarm the Descent remind me very much of their 2002 album Alive or Just Breathing which is equally good, especially A Tribute to the Fallen in which the outro on that song reminds me of the outro on Just Barely Breathing from AoJB. For me, the best tracks on Disarm the Descent are Beyond the Flames, The New Awakening, In Due Time, A Tribute to the Fallen, All We Have, Always, and Blood Stains (one of the bonus tracks on the special edition of this album), although to be fair the other tracks are pretty good as well but the ones I mentioned are my favourites.

Overall, this is a very good album in that Killswitch Engage returned to their musical roots and the album is packed with plenty of good songs. The songs they did with Jesse Leach as vocalist (including those in this album) were about unity and positivity, whereas the songs they did when Howard Jones was in the band were mostly about heartaches and relationships. Very highly recommended, along with Killswitch Engage (the first self-titled album from 2000, not the second self-titled one from 2009 which I thought was rubbish), Alive or Just Breathing (2002) and The End of Heartache (2004).

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to brilliance, 4 Sept. 2013
This is a step backwards and forwards in time for Killswitch, if that makes sense. In a way they are back to their earlier (and in my opinion better) ways, yet taking it to a whole new level.

This album has all of your typical heavy heavy parts with the melodic nice parts, with some of the best Killswitch songs I have ever heard. I was losing faith in them with the recent albums, but Disarm the Descent has them right back on course. Now I can't wait for what comes next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 29 Aug. 2013
this is a great album love every song on it. Definately worth getting would recommend to everyone who enjoys heavy metal

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLY DAYS ALIVE, 6 Jun. 2013
M. dell "DETHNECK" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This is the perfect way to come back with Jesse back in the band.. it packs such a punch and leaves you feeling both metalled to the brim and mellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killswitch Engage at their very best!!, 15 May 2013
For me this is the best KSE album yet! At first I downloaded it, but I was a bit unsure what to expect seeing as Jesse Leach had been away from the band for a good 10 years or so. But, WOW! The man can sing! I remember the first album, Alive or Just Breathing, which to some is arguably one of the best Metalcore albums ever released! Disarm the Descent, for me, tops it! As soon as I heard "The Hell in Me", I was blown away, and then to hear songs like "In Due Time" and "You Don't Bleed for Me", I just fell in love with it. I also quite liked "A Tribute to the Fallen".. I just absolutely loved the whole thing :).. If anyone is a Killswitch fan, or just a general fan of Metal music, or Metalcore specifically, you WILL love this album! I strongly suggest you purchase it, I cannot get enough of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars killer, 15 May 2013
killswitch never let u down.
may be their best yet.
a must for killswitch engage fans.
the boys go from strength to strength

5.0 out of 5 stars Killswitch album is amazing!, 13 May 2013
Easily one of my favorite albums,
The songs have great meaningful lyrics, not a bad song on the album.......highly recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 12 May 2013
Wasn't expecting too much because I'm a big Howard fan but this is okay, had a few listens and no stand out tracks as yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like KE then you'll like this, 2 Sept. 2014
If you like KE then you'll like this. I'm not a big screamo fan but I love the melodic parts they do together with the heavy bassy riffs. Since really getting into them after Download 14 they're all I'm listening to right now.

Disarm The Descent