5.0 out of 5 stars What the Koze sound is all about..
Published 13 months ago by Mr. Bde Wall

2.0 out of 5 stars Very where good reviews but honestly I was disappointed
Very where good reviews but honestly I was disappointed. Not sure why this got so many good reviews, IMHO the album is actually boring and in parts I had to fast forward. DJ Koze used to make much better sound then this.
Published 15 months ago by NeedToCleanMyStorage

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Koze sound is all about.., 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Amygdala (Audio CD)
DJ Koze is one of the most distinct electronic music producers in the world. Whilst the influence of fellow Kompakt producers is undeniable, Koze is certainly among the most eccentric & stylised of even this most eclectic of labels. His latest album, 'Amygdala' embodies his bizarre sound perfectly, and he works with other electronic musicians of the highest quality such as Apparat and Caribou, with superb results.

Whilst I think its still true to say DJ Koze's best track is the eerie tech masterpiece 'Mariposa' (featured on Kompakt Total 8), and his strangest record probably 'Der Wallach' (Kompakt Total 11), its still fair to say 'Nices Wolkchen' and 'Royal Asscher Cut' are among the finest on his ever growing list of must hear records. Amygdala is a very intelligent album where each track really feels a part of the album as a whole. No track too similar for the album to be samey - but each piece fits just right into the whole. Its probably the most psychedelic album you'll find this year. Some tracks go a little too hallucinogenic in style for my tastes, such as the vocal work on 'Magical Boy' and, in particular, 'Homesick', so I do tend to play certain tracks often but others barely at all. But the quality of the tracks I enjoy listening to often is so high I feel the album still deserves 5 stars overall.

I had the rare pleasure of seeing DJ Koze perform live at Eastern Electrics festival earlier this month, and I can honestly say it was the best DJ set I've attended this year. His live sets are just as eccentric.. memories of a scottish girl sat on my shoulders, waving an inflatable banana enthusiastically shortly before Koze mixed Bonobo's 'Cirrus' into the intro of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' will live on in my mind for some time. Whilst sadly I've not found any recordings of this set online, I'd definitely encourage anyone who's interested in purchasing this album to keep an eye out for his live dj sets should he come by your way.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Love you Amazon, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Amygdala [VINYL] (Vinyl)
It was a gift for my friends birthday , he loves it ! Thanks so so much Amazon , I have been looking everywhere in London record stores , all the stores I visited said this has sold out months ago , thanks for Amazon and their excellent delivery service ,my friend is really happy!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, excellent production, my album of the year, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Amygdala (Audio CD)
Leftfield, certainly but very accessible. While different tracks work best at different times such is the variety, each and every one is a masterclass in layering, sampling and researching sounds.
Nices Wölkchen, Magical Boy, Das Wort, and Homesick, a fantastic cover of the Kings of Convenience song, are outstanding but the rest is excellent as well. Most of the stuff is down tempo but there are so many things going on in every track that even after 50 listens there is much to discover.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very where good reviews but honestly I was disappointed, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Amygdala (MP3 Download)

Amygdala