on 22 May 2013
I found this item excellent value for money, most of the music you have probably heard before, but know all in one place, highly recommended.
on 14 August 2013
Although there are some items included which one might regard as being obvious to include in this sort of collection such as the e 1812 overture, there are also very many which are not . The performances sound authentic as well albeit in reality most of them are by Eastern European rather than Russian artists. I found many of the performances very moving and passionate too . Another plus point is that generally whole movements are included rather than just the best bits which can be the case in this sort of anthology. So all in all many hours of interesting and satisfying listening and I will now investigate buying a complete version of some of the material which was new to me. One small criticism I have is the random way in which the tracks have been organised -it is as if it has been done in the equivalent of shuffle play mode.
on 18 May 2013
This album is just what I have been looking for. It has a superb eclectic mix of some brilliant classical music that i can relate to. In addition the production is very good quality. I can't believe the amazing low cost.!!!!
on 1 May 2013
A wide variety of familiar and relatively unknown music from Russian composers,. 4 stars because of MP3 compression. Some excerpts could have been longer!
VINE VOICEon 11 August 2013
Firstly I love Russian music, always have done ever since as a child I saw Fantasia, (and later bought the DVD, to watch every year !)
This is a superb mix of all the famous and little known Russian composers.
I just plug the headphones into my Kindle Fire HD and away I go to music heaven, so whether you use your mobile,tablet or MP3,this is well worth buying.
Especially if like me, you love Classic FM !
on 16 October 2013
I do like this 100 Masterpiece series and this is a great collection of music. I didn't realise there would be so many choral pieces either which makes a change.
on 9 June 2013
A wonderful selection of Russian music, mostly well-known,played by a wide variety of artists. I have this on my laptop and ipod
on 4 October 2014