5.0 out of 5 stars I Get a kick out of you, 29 Jan 2014
Fletch-a-sketch "Fletch" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ella & Louis / Ella & Louis Again (Blu-ray Audio)
A fantastic sounding album or should I say two(one a double) albums on one HFPA disc 30 tracks , Jazz giants Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong more than ably backed by the Oscar Peterson Trio, a selection of songs from the Great American song book.
Sound quality wise I have to ask why it is than an album recorded nearly 60 years ago sounds better than many albums recorded this century.

This is one of the best HFPA discs I have recommended for fans of Jazz and Good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you go to a desert island..., 6 May 2014
M. Bonito "mar calmo" (Lisboa, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ella & Louis / Ella & Louis Again (Blu-ray Audio)
... these are the most important friends to have for the rest of your life. I hear those jazz albums since the the first releas at my age of ten, and I can't tell the difference of sound through the fifty seven years that passed. But I always buy the new editions of those songs I know by heart, simply by the chalenge of founding something to discover either in the immortal voices of ella and louis, or in the instrumental section of oscar peterson. I don't know if, in days to come, another invention is still coming to introduce those genius to future generations. Please listen to "moonlight in vermont" or the solo of ella in "these foolish things" and you'll forget all your troubles (if on a desert island you'll get some...).

5.0 out of 5 stars a oldie but a goodie, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Ella & Louis / Ella & Louis Again (Blu-ray Audio)
great disc for its age but still sounds very good in hi res blu ray audio only no 5.1 surround.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ella and Louis, 17 Nov 2013
What a fantastic album download. We play this album a lot and never tire of it. Some of the tracks are amazing and the duets incredible. Well worth buying at a bargain price