5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, even better customer service.
Published on 6 Mar 2012 by Mr. YKH

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
I have a works office that very clean. Received this item in good time and was to replace another protector I received free when I purchased a case for my SGN.

Published on 25 May 2012 by MikeyGadget

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 25 May 2012

I won't triffle about with nonsense. Let me just say I see little difference between this protector and the free one I had. To be honest when I opened the envelope and saw the attached 'Thank You' personalised postcard and signature plus the sleek and fancy inner envelope containing the protector I was hoping I hadn't been suckered into the packaging-better-than-the-contents caper.

Having pristine working conditions I peel off 'number 1' fit it spot onto my Samsung Note and continue to lay the sheet over the face of my Note. Guess what ? yes the film is not fitting 100% by it's cut. It is something like a thousandth off or two making it skewith and bubble on the corners. I take it off, relay it, same thing. I try again, same thing. What happens next ? yes you got it the underneath becomes smudged with finger marks.
In a nutshell it is on the phone and looks absolutely dreadful now. If it had fit correctly and was cut precisely there would have been no problem. This is not 'user error' this is poor quality control. The overall package unfortunatly was mutton dressed as lamb. Maybe others had a better but one but mine has been a nightmare. I question the 'Silicone Gel' spiel wording too as having to, after an hour, had to resort to trying to clean the film with alchohol (had no option, run out of options) and it made no difference at all to how it adhered to the phone.

All in all it seemed identical to my Free one.

I do not like to write damning comments about products but I am going to buy a job lot of 5 off Ebay of any old basic protector for the Samsung Note. They will work out cheaper than what I paid for one that is for sure.

I'm just very annoyed I wasted £7 on a piece of overratted plastic with flashy packaging.

To add, I repair laptops for a living to component level and would consider myself very apt in manipulating tools and components. I know what I am doing. This item was not good as it did not fit correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, even better customer service., 6 Mar 2012
This screen protector is packaged very well in a card package instead of wrapped within an envelope. It comes with easily the best microfibre cloth I've received from any of my past screen protectors (so much so I tuck it into my case); it's fairly big, thick and great at picking up dust. It also comes with a pleasant compliments card which also offers good advice on how to apply the screen protector and even how to correct any errors made with helpful tips.

I followed the advice on the card and used my bathroom after someone had a shower to take advantage of the steamy atmosphere settling the dust. I attempted to align the protector after having removed the first layer ('Step 1' layer) and it was very difficult to see how the whole thing was going to line up while trying not to press the foil down. Naturally, constantly applying and re-applying the protector only invites chances for dust to settle on the screen and/or stick to the underside of the foil. Unfortunately that did happen when I did finally apply the protector and so an air bubble formed.

I emailed Expertshield to mention this, in light of their guarantee of no air bubbles, and the owner Ed Tyson replied himself. He gave me some more tips, including one I didn't know about which was the sticky tape trick which can remove the trapped dust and the most helpful tip (which unfortunately wasn't on the card) - to only peel off 1/3rd of the 'Step 1' layer and align that first, before chasing it down the screen with a card (i.e. do NOT discard the whole layer before aligning it). He also sent out a new Expertshield protector immediately free-of-charge.

There was no hint of frustration or ambivalence on his part; he was genuinely trying to help out one of his customers and did so without being prompted (in my email I did not ask for a replacement, I just wanted advice on how to reapply it). I was very very impressed with the service and his personal efforts to be honest.

The replacement arrived only 2 working days after. This time I made sure the bathroom was even steamier, I used latex gloves (it can be fiddly to handle the screen protector without accidentally using your fingers and fingerprints are a nightmare), I had sticky tape, and I only removed 1/3rd of the first layer before working down the screen with a card. Much easier to align and it worked perfectly with no air bubbles at all. The second layer is a bit tricky to take off without also removing the protector itself (sandwiched between the two external layers) so make sure you apply pressure near the top of it when removing the final layer.

All in all, worked wonders and I didn't need isopropyl disinfectant or special microfibre cloths or using a 'wet application' as some others seem to require. Also, the protector fits perfectly, which is relevant because the Galaxy Nexus' screen is curved and I have tried other protectors that do not sit properly on the bottom of the screen.

5*s

4.0 out of 5 stars The easiest protector I've yet fitted, 14 April 2012
P Clarke - See all my reviews
Really good kit - the cloth actually got things dust free, and there were plenty of chances to lay down the adhesive contact and reposition it until it was perfect. Bubbles all squeezed out very well. Would be a 5, but on lifting off the top cover (even though the bottom had been very firmly pressed down everywhere) a corner lifted, and it took a lot of debubbling. But all good now, in place, and very responsive on screen to both fingers and stylus.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Product, 18 Sep 2013
I'm not great at putting on screen protectors, and usually impatient at the first sign of trouble when applying, but what can i say?
What a fantastic product! I carefully followed the instructions, and read them two or three times before starting-I even applied it in a steamy bathroom which makes sense, and used a debit card and sticky tape- I wanted a perfect finish! And if you get a less than perfect finish then its highly likely you've done something wrong! The finish i got was almost perfect had it not been for the marks I had left on the underside of the protector. Needless to say i am being picky pointing this out because its hardly noticeable.
This is a great product,the best screen protector i have ever bought-no bubbles, very smooth, a strong and sleek finish. I was sceptical at first about the cost, but thought i'd give it a go based on the reviews i'd read. It is well worth the money-particularly with the lifetime guarantee, which really is quite a prudent smart idea. Well Done! The follow up emails from this company add a very nice personal touch, which makes you want to wish them well and buy again. Which i definitely will! Keep it up Expert Shield, and if you do expand, don't lose sight of the excellent service you provide!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!, 27 Jan 2014
Look no further people.... no seriously. When I got my new note 3 I wanted to keep it as pristine as possible as I'm going to have it for a long time, so I searched and compared reviews on all the screen protectors available for the note 3 and after buying, receiving (in record time no less! ordered one afternoon, it arrived the following morning) and fitting, this is by far the best screen protector you will get! Easy to apply (providing you follow the instructions) with no bubbles and a flawless finish, I can barely notice its even there unless I look closely at the top cutouts for the front camera etc.. you may think.. 'I can get a pack of 5 for a lot less'... and you could, but ask yourself why you need so many and why are the others so cheap. Simply this protector will last, and with the lifetime guarantee and service you cant go wrong, phones cost so much that it's worth investing in equivalent protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service, 23 May 2013
I have had one of these protectors for nearly a year and it has protected my phone well, so when my wife needed a screen protector for her S3 it seemed obvious to get her one as well. Somehow she managed to get some scratches on it, and the edge started to lift a little. So with great apprehension I contacted the vendor and asked about their warranty. To be honest I was expecting lots of hassle and toing and froing via email, but I was to say the least pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service. I had a replacement screen protector within a few days, and had excellent communications from Vikki.

As they say it is easy for companies to do well when things are going OK, but these guys also manage the more difficult task of doing well went they didn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - but take your time over applying it, 11 Oct 2013
I bought my first ExpertShield screen protector about a year ago, for the original Galaxy Note. When I upgraded my phone to the Note 3, the first thing I did was order the compatible ExpertShield - I was in no doubt that I NEEDED one! These screen protectors are SUPERB.

Now, please don't make the mistake of thinking that this is any old screen protector. It isn't. And if you want a screen protector that you can apply in two minutes flat, this isn't for you. It takes time, and rewards patience. But if you're prepared to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and take your time applying the protector, then you'll be able to forget about it ever after and you'll KNOW that your precious screen is safe for as long as you have your phone. And you'll have to look REALLY closely to see that you're using a screen protector at all - it's THAT invisible.

My tip is to do what the instructions say and apply the protector in a steamy room. Don't fret too much about getting all the bubbles out to start with, just make sure the protector is in the right position on the screen and then remove the top layer. Then, if you have bubbles or dust trapped, pop some sticky tape "handles" on the screen protector (at the corners is easiest) - fold the tape over at either end so you can remove it without lifting the protector. Wrap sticky tape around your index finger, sticky side facing out, so that there is NO chance of you touching your skin onto the underside of the protector. Using the tape "handles", lift the edge of the protector to reveal any dust that has got trapped underneath and, using your sticky-taped finger, dab the dust away from the screen and / or underside of the protector. You'll be able to tell when it's dust-free, as the protector will go back down onto the screen and go invisible. It's worth taking your time over this, get every last bit of dust off the screen and protector - time taken here saves you time in the future re-fitting and you'll be so pleased with the finished result!

I'm sitting here looking at my Note 3 now and I can honestly say it looks perfect! If I look VERY closely around the menu button and the speaker and front facing camera, I can just about see the edge of the ExoertShield, but unless I do that, it just looks like the beautiful screen itself. And not a bubble in sight!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and product, 7 Feb 2013
Akbur Ghafoor (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Would highly recommend this cover. It took me a couple of attempts as the Note II has a super huge screen. Make sure you are in a steamy shower room when attempting to attach this (prevents dust particles flying on your screen and is more forgiving on adjusting the cover slightly if you get the alignment wrong first time). Additionally, the service provided by Expert Shield was fantastic - will continue to buy for other handsets in the house. Cheers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you don't get what you pay for, 7 Jun 2012
OK, should have given more credence to the other reviews, this is as poor a screen protector as I have used (which is probably 20+), clever business, there are always people like me who will assume that because something is more expensive it must be better. I always apply screen protectors as soon as I get a new device, this is the first screen protector I have ever bought that I have taken off and left the device unprotected, it just looked so awful that I couldn't bear to have my lovely new note look so crap. The first clue was the cut out around the button, this split as I was peeling the cover back. The labels are at the wrong end of the cover, it is difficult to align from the top of the Note, would be very easy from the bottom as there is a straight edge and a button, but to do this you would have to take the front cover off entirely and this is not how to fit screen protectors. The cut-out wasn't fully cut out, the thin strip left across the bottom tore, edge bubbles that wouldn't come out but more than anything it just looked awful. I have got an S2 with a truly superb invisible cover that you wouldn't know was there even if you were looking, unfortunately they haven't released a Note protector yet, not sure of amazon policy on naming other suppliers in reviews so won't do so, see my other reviews if you are looking for a good product but don't buy this one. Have given it 2 stars because it was at least the right shape for the phone and did ship incredibly quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Mar 2013
Real quality screen protector. Instructions did seem odd but make sense to follow to get best results when applying to the phone. I buggered up applying the protector and email them explaining what I had done and they sent me a replacement free of charge which arrived within 48 hours. A quality protector and fantastic customer service. Couldn't recommend highly enough.