5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sized hand luggage
I brought this range in 21" and 29".

21" hand luggage - meet all the size requirements for cabin luggage. If you are planning on using this as carry on luggage, instead of checking a bag into the hold, then my personal opinion would be that it is slightly too small. However, this depends on what you plan on bringing with you.

I recently used my on a...
Published 16 months ago by Sandra

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase was good to look at and light
Suitcase was good to look at and light. However, on its first trip the inner stitching on the lid section was beginning to give way.
I contacted the manufacturers USBInternational regarding the 10 year warranty.
Published 2 months ago by Hansam

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sized hand luggage, 19 Aug 2013
I brought this range in 21" and 29".

I recently used my on a trip to the US and boy did I put the bag to the test. The weight allowance allocated to me was 18kg and I managed to pack so much clothes into the case that I thought the seams were going to burst. I never did reach the 18kg allowance, but even when bulky the bag did not exceed the size requirement, and because of the material it's made of you can push down on it quite on lot to cram things in. The fact that I didn't have to factor in space for my handbag, was a definite bonus.

When full you don't notice the weight when pushing along on 4 wheels, although the handle does feel a bit 'rickety', but I notice that this tends to be the same on other makes too.

Overall, this is a very nice lightweight bag, that can hold a lot when pushed. Would highly recommend.

29" suitcase - in my opinion this is the perfect size considering the maximum travel allowance is 23kg for international travel and 20kg for Europe.

I had seen lots of people with the lightweight suitcases and thought they are ideal, but the thing that put me off was the size of the handle. On these they are perfect, the same size as you would find on a standard suitcase. The material is slightly better as it is thicker than most, so offers more protection, especially knowing how your cases as handled at the airport. The sides of the case are sturdy and you don't get that bulging look that you would expect given the lightweight material they are made from.

Again I used this on a recent trip to the US, which involved a transfer flight. On both my outbound and inbound travels I was at maximum weight, which made the cases heavy to lift. Despite this I suffered no damage to the bag, wheels or handle.

I brought these in plum 9970 and black 9970 and was pleasantly surprised to find out they had 4 wheels instead of two.

Would I recommend this range of cases? The answer is most definitely. I like to shop and knowing that I have something that is lightweight and won't take away much from my travel allowance, then it's a win/win for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase was good to look at and light, 3 Oct 2014
I contacted the manufacturers USBInternational regarding the 10 year warranty.
They wanted me to cut the case fabric, and send the stitched label to them, asked me to produce the warranty ticket that was attached to the case in the shop, then insisted that in order to get my replacement, I had to pay for it to be delivered, at least £10!
My case was less than 4 weeks old!
Needless to say, the strength of the "warranty" is not quite as it seems.......

Poor case and poor service, not happy and would not recommend this brand.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings!, 29 Jun 2014
I ordered the 32" two-wheeled expandable Aerolite as well as the matching two-wheeled (non-expandable) 21" cabin size Aerolite. One reviewer pointed out that it is useless to write a review before actually using the suitcases so I took his advice! And I am glad I did! I was initially so pleased with the 32" suitcase that I would have given it 5 stars! I have now given it three - it's okay! Colour: just as illustrated and I am still very pleased with the colour (Plum). However, I was disappointed when I collected the case at baggage reclaim after its very first flight - the frame (the back right hand corner near the telescopic handle) had been dented and the fabric very slightly frayed on the edge of the case. The damage is minor and hardly noticable but it annoyed me! I still like the fabric very much - it is lovely and seemed to be strong stuff - but I doubt that it is really as hard wearing as it is made out to be - the suitcase, after all, comes with a very attractive but baffling ten year guarantee. The guarantee seems totally useless as it does not cover any sort of damage caused to the suitcase by baggage handlers at airports or anywhere else for that matter! I don't think the case would survive ten years of frequent travelling and I can't fathom how one can benefit from the guarantee anyway! But the case should survive one or two return trips a year by plane for a few years. A good point one reviewer made is that a 32" expandable Aerolite will hold a lot more than the 20 kilo limit for European flights. I agree with him but I needed a large suitcase to carry four King size duvets and gifts for friends and family on a short European flight. I filled the case to bursting volume-wise because I had four 4.5 tog King size duvets, some ceramic gifts packed inside them, a thick winter coat, boots and some other clothing. The case, however, weighed less than 20 kilos because duvets are lightweight items. "Normal" holiday contents such as clothes, shoes, toiletries etc would reach the 20 kilo weight limit long before the 32" suitcase would be anywhere near full and certainly there would be no need to use the expanding zip feature! The Aerolite expanding 26" suitcase would certainly be a better option if you are limited to 20 kilos, and possibly for a 32 kilo weight limit too with the expanding zip feature. Wheels: three wheels on my wagon might well be better than one wheel on my wagon if a wheel gets damaged but, even so, I chose the two-wheeled Aerolite as I thought that these wheels would be less likely to get damaged or snapped off somewhere between check-in and baggage reclaim than the type of wheels on the Aerolite four-wheeled version. I am still very happy with this decision as I saw people at the airport with what had once been four-wheeled suitcases. The Pros: it is an attractive suitcase; more importantly, it is wonderfully lightweight so you can pack more stuff into it than you could into a heavier, more solid suitcase if you are goverened by a weight limit; it is expandable allowing you to pack some extra volume; it is delightfully easy to manoeuvre. The Cons: the frame is flimsy so the suitcase could get damaged in transit when crushed by other heavy suitcases or when hurled about by baggage handlers if it is not fully and solidly packed to resist being crushed and hurled about. The suitcase probably woulnd't stand many years of frequent travel if regularly at the mercy of airport baggage handlers! Bottom line: it did its job for me and is worth the price on Amazon (but not worth the full recommended retail price) if you are realistic about the sort of treatment any suitcase might be subjected to at airports. I may give the 26" a try since it is probably the ideal size for filling up to the 20 kilo weight limit on European flights. With regard to the 21" cabin size two-wheeled Aerolite in Plum, I am very happy indeed with my choice and give it five stars although I was intially disappointed by how small it was. It does not expand so you really are limited to how much stuff you can get into it. This is a good thing as it prevents me from repeating the experience of having to pay €55 to Easyjet for having filled an "approved cabin size" expanding case to bursting point! Wheels are included in the measurements so the Aerolite two-wheeled version gives you a bit more packing space than the four-wheeled version! I would not want to put my 21" case in the hold so I think it should easily last ten years of frequent flying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Supple case and fabric is hard wearing, 22 Jun 2013
I took the medium sized case on a 3 week tour of China. Not a beach holiday but cold weather clothes. It went on 2 long haul journeys(4 flights) and 6 internal flights in China. Fabric is very solid and has hardly been touched. Will be using this one for the next planned trip to India. When full it comes in just under 20kg which was the luggage allowance for Chinese domestic flights.
Compared to other suitcases it is very supple. I found that if packed and left it overnight upright, the contents "sunk" leaving space to pack the last minute bits and bobs in the top without having to open it all out. Not quite stable when being pulled, as other styles but it makes up by being so lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the less sprightly!, 17 Nov 2013
I bought this for my Mum who's over 70 as she travels a lot on the train and the ability to wheel along rather than drag behind her. It's also very lightweight and a nice colour that can be picked out on the airport conveyor belt!

1.0 out of 5 stars Product review Aerolite Superweight Small size, 20 Jun 2014
The first time I used the product it was stored in the overhead cabin storage. On the return journey I found the outer fabric was damaged. I reported this to the sellers who refused to repair the item or refund the purchase price saying this was wear and tear. I did not think this was acceptable as it was the first time I used the case and for a short haul flight. Amazon also declined to help. I would not buy this product again

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved the colour, 6 Sep 2014
Mixed thoughts. I bought a two wheeled 29" plum case. I loved the colour, the case was very light and I liked the material it was made from. However on a trip to the States recently the case survived the initial trip to the States but when walking from the bus to the hotel the case caught on an uneven piece of pavement which meant the case fell from my hand. As a result the retractable handle bent and snapped meaning I couldn't pull the case along by this handle (also the handle wouldn't retract) and it made moving the case very difficult. I ended up having to buy a new case. I think this case would be much better if the retractable handle was stronger then I would probably give this case a 4 or even 5 star.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy outer shell, 15 Oct 2014
First, the positives. Sturdy outer shell. Spacious inside. Took some beating by the baggage handlers and survived. Stands without tipping over. Decent pricetag. On the downside, the wheels are poorly designed, making it very cumbersome to wheel. Felt like I was handling it over sand. The handle is made of same material as the casing and had no actual grip to steer the beast? The lock made of cheap plastic. Should have come without a lock. On average, the bag felt heavy before packing it.3 kg. However, delivery was swift. Incidentally, I noticed other people wheeling their luggage easily and put it down to quality wheels. The manufacturer has built a sturdy bag, why opt for cheap wheels?

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight Suitcase, 13 May 2014
I liked the weight of this suitcase but I returned it because the zip was very difficult to open and close. I went for a slightly more expensive one. This suitcase would be okay if you don't mind the zip, although it may just have been on this particular one, I didn't bother trying a different one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the job, 21 Sep 2013
Updated 30.01.2014 - Just returned from a two week holiday and my original 5 star rating was a bit premature. We only had 15 kg in each of the two cases, but one case had the stitching break on a corner and the other had the handle pull loose from one of the telescopic arms. This all happened on the way out, so not due to excess handling during the holiday. We will be returning the cases as these defects should not happen after only two outings.

Bought two 26 inch cases and have just taken them to a trip to Marrakech. They are extremely light and hard wearing. The handles are well stitched in and therefore unlikely to break. The pockets are a good size with one small and one large and will accommodate all the types of items we normally take that need easy access. The material feels strong and the wheels run smoothly (we purchased the 4 wheel models). Marrakech has a lot of cobbled alleyways in the old town where we were staying and the wheels handled these no problem. Can't see any weakness or sign of hard wear since returning, so very happy with them.