5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!
I have been researching steam cleaners for several months now but didn't feel confident about any of the cleaners I looked at, until I saw the Morphy Richards 9-in-1 steam cleaner. Seemed to do everything I wanted, had a powerful motor and good sized tank.
Published 10 months ago by Dijox

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be.
Published 7 months ago by S. J. Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 26 Sep 2013
Dijox (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
My new cleaner arrived yesterday, did a trial run (as you do!) and now all my hard floors are gleaming. Seems to have lifted the grime from my kitchen and bathroom tiles beautifully and left them sparkling. My hall floor looks lovely too and I can't wait to experiment with all the other tools (oven next!!!) I found I got slightly less than the 14 minutes advertised for the length of time one fill of the water tank will last, but that could be because I was learning how to use it. I've also noticed that a lot of reviews for other steam cleaners complain that the floors are left very wet - not with this one, I found it perfect, just enough wetness to feel the floor was clean, but not so much that it took ages to dry. All the parts come apart and fit together really easily and the box comes with very clear instructions to follow. Also, can't speak highly enough of Morphy Richards customer service. I had a problem registering the product online, but by contacting their customer service, they proceeded to do it for me.

To sum up, this cleaner is an excellent price for the quality of the product, light to handle, but heavy on results - what more can I say

One word of warning though, make sure you thoroughly vac' or sweep the floors before you steam clean. I thought I'd done an excellent job by sweeping thoroughly, but the steam cleaner still 'found' yet more dust!!

If I have one complaint, it's that the cord could be slightly longer, but that's just me being picky because I'm lazy and don't like to keep repositioning the plug!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be., 16 Jan 2014
S. J. Turner "sally_jane" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm writing this review because when I was looking to buy a steam cleaner I found it very difficult to chose one. All the reviews are so very mixed. I even took out a subscription to Which but that didn't help as the Which subscriber reviews totally disagreed with the Which reviews. Initially I thought I wanted a cylinder steam mop as I thought they would be easier to use when it came to cleaning anything other than floors. However the reviews seemed pretty consistently poor for them and if you think about it, it's not surprising as the steam is going to cool down quite a lot whilst travelling along the hose resulting in poorer performance and a lot of dribbled water where it has condensed in the hose. I wanted something that would do more than just floors though, so instead I shortened my list to 2 in 1 mops. In the end I chose this Morphy Richards 9-in-1 because the reviews were at least reasonable in the main and, unlike many of it's competitors, you could buy all the parts individually from the Morphy Rchards website. Many mops only had the floor mop available as a replacement buy.

Let me tell you, this mop is not the last word in cleaning as the manufacturers seems to try and make out. It won't save you any work. You will still need to vacuum and dust but it will make floor mopping easier. I've had the mop a couple of months now and used it for most things.

The mop arrived within a couple of days of ordering and was easy to assemble. Build quality seems fine although some of the attachments could be a little more sturdy. It heats up quite quickly and you can top it up as you go although a reservoir full of water lasts plenty long enough to do most jobs. It is supposed to have a ball bearing weighting down the water tube so that it will always be emerged in water no matter what angle you use the steamer at. This doesn't work very well as the tube is too stiff so you do have to be careful not to tip it in certain angles.

Floor cleaning. It works really well at cleaning tiled floors and although they are damp after use they are not as wet as they would be if you used any sort of mop and they dry very quickly. On hardwood it was not so good as it left them looking dull and in need of a polish. On carpet it doesn't do very much at all although it does help to freshen them up and I guess it sanitises them, quite useful if, like me, you have a puppy.

For cleaning windows it is totally useless. You would be much better off with a wet cloth and a squeegee. On the other hand, if you have patterned glass and need to clean the rough side it works well if you use the surface attachment with the microfibre cloth attached.

Cleaning tiled wall, forget using the squeegee attachment but instead use the upholstery attachment and it will do a reasonable job. Mind you, as the cloth is pretty small you would do better by folding a separate microfibre cloth over the end. The grout cleaner works really well.

There is a small jet nozzle for cleaning in gaps and around taps, that does a good job and again, if you use the upholstery attachment it will clean surfaces well but in order to get it flat on a regular height work surface you will probably need to be standing on a chair to get the right angle. On upholstery then machine is pretty useless as it doesn't do much other than make it damp.

Totally useless at cleaning ovens, the scrubber attachment will wear out before it lifts any really baked on grease and it creates so much steam you can't see what you are cleaning.

Many of these attachments don't stay on very well. They only twist on and regularly come lose as you use them. This does not apply to the floor mop which is fine.

When using the hand steamer in tiled rooms or cleaning ovens you really need to wear ear plugs as when it gets up to full steam the noise of the steam rushing out really hurts my ears and is typically between 70-80db. This is not a problem when using the mop. I really think this should come with a warning on the box as I'm sure it could damage your hearing.

There is an accessory pack you can buy for this appliance which includes some better floor cloths and a flexible extension hose which might help to make some jobs easier although will have the disadvantage of allowing the steam to cool whilst in the hose. I've ordered one from Amazon and will write a separate review of that product in due course.

So, do I think it it worth the 60 I paid? I find it very useful for cleaning floors and it has done a great job on my tiled bathroom so, yes, I think it has been worth the money, but it's not as wonderful as I hoped it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamer, 5 Nov 2013
Good steamer, cleans well, floors and tile walls which was the reason why I bought it. Well made and easy to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to standard ., 23 Feb 2014
It's good on a all floors, when detached it's too big to get in the oven, not having a cover when doing glass it leaves streaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam cleaner, 30 Aug 2013
The cleaner is great on normal tiles and does a good job,but found it hard work on non slip surface tiles in bathroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Oct 2013
Does what it says "on the tin", a great steamer for all floor types, easy to handle, I would recommend this product to anyone,

5.0 out of 5 stars great item - recommend, 4 Jun 2014
fast delivery, lightwieght, easy to use, highly recommend for anyone who has non carpeted floors. The inner lift off sections is good for other areas like showers or hobs, but is heavy to hold for long periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab steamer, 28 Aug 2013
Love the cleanliness of my tile and vinyl floors after using this steam cleaner, and to get bathroom wall tiles clean without resorting to bleach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pyoduct, 1 July 2014
Love this cleaner. Gets everything sparkling without elbow grease. Great as I have arthritis in my hands, so cleaning could be painful.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use, 17 Sep 2013
It does an excellent job with no mess. As it is so convenient to use, I only have to fill the tank, it means that I use it every day.