1,113 Reviews

1,178 of 1,203 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!
I have been researching steam cleaners for several months now but didn't feel confident about any of the cleaners I looked at, until I saw the Morphy Richards 9-in-1 steam cleaner. Seemed to do everything I wanted, had a powerful motor and good sized tank.
Published 17 months ago by Dijox

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be.
Published 13 months ago by SallyT

1,178 of 1,203 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 26 Sept. 2013
Dijox (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
My new cleaner arrived yesterday, did a trial run (as you do!) and now all my hard floors are gleaming. Seems to have lifted the grime from my kitchen and bathroom tiles beautifully and left them sparkling. My hall floor looks lovely too and I can't wait to experiment with all the other tools (oven next!!!) I found I got slightly less than the 14 minutes advertised for the length of time one fill of the water tank will last, but that could be because I was learning how to use it. I've also noticed that a lot of reviews for other steam cleaners complain that the floors are left very wet - not with this one, I found it perfect, just enough wetness to feel the floor was clean, but not so much that it took ages to dry. All the parts come apart and fit together really easily and the box comes with very clear instructions to follow. Also, can't speak highly enough of Morphy Richards customer service. I had a problem registering the product online, but by contacting their customer service, they proceeded to do it for me.

To sum up, this cleaner is an excellent price for the quality of the product, light to handle, but heavy on results - what more can I say

One word of warning though, make sure you thoroughly vac' or sweep the floors before you steam clean. I thought I'd done an excellent job by sweeping thoroughly, but the steam cleaner still 'found' yet more dust!!

If I have one complaint, it's that the cord could be slightly longer, but that's just me being picky because I'm lazy and don't like to keep repositioning the plug!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love cleaning!!!!, 26 Jun. 2014
A. Lynn (London) - See all my reviews
Love, love, love! Never thought cleaning could be so satisfying. Cleans the floor like a dream and I am now able to see through my oven door which I haven't been able to do in ages!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be., 16 Jan. 2014
SallyT "sally_jane" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm writing this review because when I was looking to buy a steam cleaner I found it very difficult to chose one. All the reviews are so very mixed. I even took out a subscription to Which but that didn't help as the Which subscriber reviews totally disagreed with the Which reviews. Initially I thought I wanted a cylinder steam mop as I thought they would be easier to use when it came to cleaning anything other than floors. However the reviews seemed pretty consistently poor for them and if you think about it, it's not surprising as the steam is going to cool down quite a lot whilst travelling along the hose resulting in poorer performance and a lot of dribbled water where it has condensed in the hose. I wanted something that would do more than just floors though, so instead I shortened my list to 2 in 1 mops. In the end I chose this Morphy Richards 9-in-1 because the reviews were at least reasonable in the main and, unlike many of it's competitors, you could buy all the parts individually from the Morphy Rchards website. Many mops only had the floor mop available as a replacement buy.

Let me tell you, this mop is not the last word in cleaning as the manufacturers seems to try and make out. It won't save you any work. You will still need to vacuum and dust but it will make floor mopping easier. I've had the mop a couple of months now and used it for most things.

The mop arrived within a couple of days of ordering and was easy to assemble. Build quality seems fine although some of the attachments could be a little more sturdy. It heats up quite quickly and you can top it up as you go although a reservoir full of water lasts plenty long enough to do most jobs. It is supposed to have a ball bearing weighting down the water tube so that it will always be emerged in water no matter what angle you use the steamer at. This doesn't work very well as the tube is too stiff so you do have to be careful not to tip it in certain angles.

Floor cleaning. It works really well at cleaning tiled floors and although they are damp after use they are not as wet as they would be if you used any sort of mop and they dry very quickly. On hardwood it was not so good as it left them looking dull and in need of a polish. On carpet it doesn't do very much at all although it does help to freshen them up and I guess it sanitises them, quite useful if, like me, you have a puppy.

For cleaning windows it is totally useless. You would be much better off with a wet cloth and a squeegee. On the other hand, if you have patterned glass and need to clean the rough side it works well if you use the surface attachment with the microfibre cloth attached.

Cleaning tiled wall, forget using the squeegee attachment but instead use the upholstery attachment and it will do a reasonable job. Mind you, as the cloth is pretty small you would do better by folding a separate microfibre cloth over the end. The grout cleaner works really well.

There is a small jet nozzle for cleaning in gaps and around taps, that does a good job and again, if you use the upholstery attachment it will clean surfaces well but in order to get it flat on a regular height work surface you will probably need to be standing on a chair to get the right angle. On upholstery then machine is pretty useless as it doesn't do much other than make it damp.

Totally useless at cleaning ovens, the scrubber attachment will wear out before it lifts any really baked on grease and it creates so much steam you can't see what you are cleaning.

Many of these attachments don't stay on very well. They only twist on and regularly come lose as you use them. This does not apply to the floor mop which is fine.

When using the hand steamer in tiled rooms or cleaning ovens you really need to wear ear plugs as when it gets up to full steam the noise of the steam rushing out really hurts my ears and is typically between 70-80db. This is not a problem when using the mop. I really think this should come with a warning on the box as I'm sure it could damage your hearing.

There is an accessory pack you can buy for this appliance which includes some better floor cloths and a flexible extension hose which might help to make some jobs easier although will have the disadvantage of allowing the steam to cool whilst in the hose. I've ordered one from Amazon and will write a separate review of that product in due course.

So, do I think it it worth the £60 I paid? I find it very useful for cleaning floors and it has done a great job on my tiled bathroom so, yes, I think it has been worth the money, but it's not as wonderful as I hoped it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love this steam cleaner, 13 Nov. 2014
I thought I'd wait a couple months before I left a review on this but my opinion hasn't changed since the first day I tore open the box. It really was a little sad how exited I was opening it!
So i have a husband in the army who tends to come in the house with muddy boots, a daughter that does the same and 2 dogs. One of them being a puppy who was having accidents a lot and I just couldn't get the smell out. I originally got this to refresh the carpets and maybe wash the windows but since then I've done all my windows. My tiles in the bathroom are sparkling all the grout is shiny white, the limescale on my barroom window that I used to scrub daily has finally gone!
I'm just really impressed with this I thought with it being cheaper than many other steam cleaners it wouldn't be as good but I'm so glad I got this it's saved me so much on pet floor cleaners. I no longer spend an hour scrubbing with a mop on my kitchen and bathroom floors. My windows (all of them, living in Germany so the windows are huge!) used to take the best part of a morning but now I can do inside and out in an hour. AN HOUR!
As I said it really is a little sad how much I love this item but it's just made my life so much easier. Instead of sweating and swearing at scrubbing floors it takes a little water, wait a little while for it to warm up, glide it over and shiny surface!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamer, 5 Nov. 2013
Good steamer, cleans well, floors and tile walls which was the reason why I bought it. Well made and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamcleaner, 19 Nov. 2014
I found this made cleaning really easy , floors ,shower,oven,walls, l would have given 5* but the micro cloths for the floor attachment kept coming off , so found it better to tie an old towel around the attachment and use this instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam cleaner, 30 Aug. 2013
The cleaner is great on normal tiles and does a good job,but found it hard work on non slip surface tiles in bathroom.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to standard ., 23 Feb. 2014
It's good on a all floors, when detached it's too big to get in the oven, not having a cover when doing glass it leaves streaks.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, it is going back., 26 Dec. 2014
My husband bought me this item on his Amazon account for Christmas but doing the review on my account. And so Boxing Day, I gets my much wanted Christmas pressy out of the box. I did have a H2O steam mop which was brilliant, sadly it stopped working after 12 months. Anyway I know how a steam mop is supposed to work.

Luckily as a soap maker I have some of the distilled water - initially I had not considered how expensive this mop would cost to run, in order to keep the manufacturers warranty the mop will cost you an arm and a leg, you can not use tap water.

Ok so puts it together, switches it on and waits 30 seconds, nothing, a minute, nothing, 2 minutes, nothing and so we takes it to bits and starts again, checks again with instructions - 3 minutes later it starts to make a noise, 4 minutes later and a slight waft of steam escapes. Starts to use the mop and it just dragged on the floor, two hands needed to get it to move and the cloth cover starts to come off. Then I stops pushing the trigger and an almighty waft of steam escapes, so when you want steam there is none and when you don't want steam it escapes. So I carries on and I quite like that the floors aren't as wet as they were when I used the H2O and a lot less wet than a normal mop, only thing being, nothing is clean.

Does the hall floor which is tiles and the cable isn't long enough to reach from one side of the hall to the other, on the plus side the floor dried really quickly, I like that, on the down side the floor looks like a streaky mess.

And so at this stage I decide to use the hand held bit, some coffee was spilt yesterday so I press the trigger and maybe a minute later some steam comes out, but not enough to shift the coffee, we have a stone kitchen floor so not the easiest floor to clean - in the end I had to get the hard bristle attachment to scrub the coffee off and by this stage I am down on my hands and knees, and a good old traditional scrubbing brush pops into mind.

Still there is no steam when I want steam and it is spluttering and making noises, and so now I have a headache, backache and a dirty floor.

Because the steam flow is so unpredictable, i wouldn't trust this machine on anything really, I would think that it could be quite capable of blasting the grouting out from between tiles, damaging surfaces and breaking glass because there is absolutely no way to control it. I have puddles on my kitchen floor caused when I had taken my hand off of the trigger and steam blasted out followed by a flow of rather expensive distilled water. In fact it blew out more steam after I had unplugged it than it did when it was plugged in and the trigger pressed.

Just looked at the metal scrubbing end that I used on the coffee to scrub it off, and realise it isn't metal but plastic and it seems to be melted, the bristles are crushed over.

On the very plus side, comparing to the H2O, the water filling bit is much better, comes off for much easier filling, I like that bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dose what it says, 25 Nov. 2013
I bought this as I have a disability and can not bend it is excellent for all it says it dose and dose not leave floors too wet