1,089 of 1,110 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!
I have been researching steam cleaners for several months now but didn't feel confident about any of the cleaners I looked at, until I saw the Morphy Richards 9-in-1 steam cleaner. Seemed to do everything I wanted, had a powerful motor and good sized tank.
Published 15 months ago by Dijox

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be.
Published 11 months ago by SallyT

1,089 of 1,110 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant!, 26 Sep 2013
Dijox (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards 720020 9-in-1 Upright and Handheld Steam Mop, 1500 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
My new cleaner arrived yesterday, did a trial run (as you do!) and now all my hard floors are gleaming. Seems to have lifted the grime from my kitchen and bathroom tiles beautifully and left them sparkling. My hall floor looks lovely too and I can't wait to experiment with all the other tools (oven next!!!) I found I got slightly less than the 14 minutes advertised for the length of time one fill of the water tank will last, but that could be because I was learning how to use it. I've also noticed that a lot of reviews for other steam cleaners complain that the floors are left very wet - not with this one, I found it perfect, just enough wetness to feel the floor was clean, but not so much that it took ages to dry. All the parts come apart and fit together really easily and the box comes with very clear instructions to follow. Also, can't speak highly enough of Morphy Richards customer service. I had a problem registering the product online, but by contacting their customer service, they proceeded to do it for me.

To sum up, this cleaner is an excellent price for the quality of the product, light to handle, but heavy on results - what more can I say

One word of warning though, make sure you thoroughly vac' or sweep the floors before you steam clean. I thought I'd done an excellent job by sweeping thoroughly, but the steam cleaner still 'found' yet more dust!!

If I have one complaint, it's that the cord could be slightly longer, but that's just me being picky because I'm lazy and don't like to keep repositioning the plug!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not as useful as it should be., 16 Jan 2014
SallyT "sally_jane" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm writing this review because when I was looking to buy a steam cleaner I found it very difficult to chose one. All the reviews are so very mixed. I even took out a subscription to Which but that didn't help as the Which subscriber reviews totally disagreed with the Which reviews. Initially I thought I wanted a cylinder steam mop as I thought they would be easier to use when it came to cleaning anything other than floors. However the reviews seemed pretty consistently poor for them and if you think about it, it's not surprising as the steam is going to cool down quite a lot whilst travelling along the hose resulting in poorer performance and a lot of dribbled water where it has condensed in the hose. I wanted something that would do more than just floors though, so instead I shortened my list to 2 in 1 mops. In the end I chose this Morphy Richards 9-in-1 because the reviews were at least reasonable in the main and, unlike many of it's competitors, you could buy all the parts individually from the Morphy Rchards website. Many mops only had the floor mop available as a replacement buy.

Let me tell you, this mop is not the last word in cleaning as the manufacturers seems to try and make out. It won't save you any work. You will still need to vacuum and dust but it will make floor mopping easier. I've had the mop a couple of months now and used it for most things.

The mop arrived within a couple of days of ordering and was easy to assemble. Build quality seems fine although some of the attachments could be a little more sturdy. It heats up quite quickly and you can top it up as you go although a reservoir full of water lasts plenty long enough to do most jobs. It is supposed to have a ball bearing weighting down the water tube so that it will always be emerged in water no matter what angle you use the steamer at. This doesn't work very well as the tube is too stiff so you do have to be careful not to tip it in certain angles.

Floor cleaning. It works really well at cleaning tiled floors and although they are damp after use they are not as wet as they would be if you used any sort of mop and they dry very quickly. On hardwood it was not so good as it left them looking dull and in need of a polish. On carpet it doesn't do very much at all although it does help to freshen them up and I guess it sanitises them, quite useful if, like me, you have a puppy.

For cleaning windows it is totally useless. You would be much better off with a wet cloth and a squeegee. On the other hand, if you have patterned glass and need to clean the rough side it works well if you use the surface attachment with the microfibre cloth attached.

Cleaning tiled wall, forget using the squeegee attachment but instead use the upholstery attachment and it will do a reasonable job. Mind you, as the cloth is pretty small you would do better by folding a separate microfibre cloth over the end. The grout cleaner works really well.

There is a small jet nozzle for cleaning in gaps and around taps, that does a good job and again, if you use the upholstery attachment it will clean surfaces well but in order to get it flat on a regular height work surface you will probably need to be standing on a chair to get the right angle. On upholstery then machine is pretty useless as it doesn't do much other than make it damp.

Totally useless at cleaning ovens, the scrubber attachment will wear out before it lifts any really baked on grease and it creates so much steam you can't see what you are cleaning.

Many of these attachments don't stay on very well. They only twist on and regularly come lose as you use them. This does not apply to the floor mop which is fine.

When using the hand steamer in tiled rooms or cleaning ovens you really need to wear ear plugs as when it gets up to full steam the noise of the steam rushing out really hurts my ears and is typically between 70-80db. This is not a problem when using the mop. I really think this should come with a warning on the box as I'm sure it could damage your hearing.

There is an accessory pack you can buy for this appliance which includes some better floor cloths and a flexible extension hose which might help to make some jobs easier although will have the disadvantage of allowing the steam to cool whilst in the hose. I've ordered one from Amazon and will write a separate review of that product in due course.

So, do I think it it worth the £60 I paid? I find it very useful for cleaning floors and it has done a great job on my tiled bathroom so, yes, I think it has been worth the money, but it's not as wonderful as I hoped it would be.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Hidden secret invalidates your warranty. DO NOT BUY, 14 Dec 2014
I have avoided steam cleaners because I have seen over 500 bad online reviews for the ones they always have on TV, so when I saw Morphy Richards, a brand I used to trust, I thought it was worth buying one.

What a complete RIP OFF, you buy this STEAM cleaner because you want to STEAM clean your carpets.

So what is STEAM? It is water of course, but you cannot use water in this cleaner.

Instead you have to use a liquid that costs £5 a time at Halfords.

There is nothing on the box or product description that warns you of this.

If you use tap water with this product your warranty is invalid, I am not even sure it is legal to do this.

The sale of goods act says that a product has to be

Fit for pupose - Not really, you want to be able to fill it with WATER and use it.
Of reasonable quality - dare not test, I am sending it back
As described - no it describes steam, steam is water and you can't use water.
Last for a reasonable length of time, well if it will not work with water it is going to fail like all the other ones do

Using this Morphy Richards Steam Cleaner is like having a mortgage as you have to fill it with the £5 liquid every time you use it.

The Morphy Richards warranty is invalid if you use water, so having a 2 year warranty is useless, the white on red writing under that 2 year warranty is not legible.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... of the reviews I bought this but was very disappointed, hardly any steam and very hard to push ..., 28 Oct 2014
Having read some of the reviews I bought this but was very disappointed,hardly any steam and very hard to push over the floors as the cloth kept slipping .I returned it as faulty .

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love this steam cleaner, 13 Nov 2014
I thought I'd wait a couple months before I left a review on this but my opinion hasn't changed since the first day I tore open the box. It really was a little sad how exited I was opening it!
So i have a husband in the army who tends to come in the house with muddy boots, a daughter that does the same and 2 dogs. One of them being a puppy who was having accidents a lot and I just couldn't get the smell out. I originally got this to refresh the carpets and maybe wash the windows but since then I've done all my windows. My tiles in the bathroom are sparkling all the grout is shiny white, the limescale on my barroom window that I used to scrub daily has finally gone!
I'm just really impressed with this I thought with it being cheaper than many other steam cleaners it wouldn't be as good but I'm so glad I got this it's saved me so much on pet floor cleaners. I no longer spend an hour scrubbing with a mop on my kitchen and bathroom floors. My windows (all of them, living in Germany so the windows are huge!) used to take the best part of a morning but now I can do inside and out in an hour. AN HOUR!
As I said it really is a little sad how much I love this item but it's just made my life so much easier. Instead of sweating and swearing at scrubbing floors it takes a little water, wait a little while for it to warm up, glide it over and shiny surface!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to standard ., 23 Feb 2014
It's good on a all floors, when detached it's too big to get in the oven, not having a cover when doing glass it leaves streaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamer, 5 Nov 2013
Good steamer, cleans well, floors and tile walls which was the reason why I bought it. Well made and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love cleaning!!!!, 26 Jun 2014
A. Lynn (London) - See all my reviews
Love, love, love! Never thought cleaning could be so satisfying. Cleans the floor like a dream and I am now able to see through my oven door which I haven't been able to do in ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam cleaner, 30 Aug 2013
The cleaner is great on normal tiles and does a good job,but found it hard work on non slip surface tiles in bathroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars at an extremely good price, and thought, 10 Dec 2014
I had been thinking about buying an 'upright steamer' for a while !!! saw it on offer in a well-known store . . .at an extremely good price, and thought, hey lets give it a go!!! I had not even looked on-line at reviews about this product.This was a very spontaneous buy because the price looked right !!!! It was the details promised on the packaging looked so good . . .so bought it then and there !!! And I am NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL!!!!!!!!

It is slightly heavy,when using the 'hand-held' cleaner . . . but that reflects quality, and I have used - tried it out on upholstery, and was very pleased with the results !!! cleans and refreshes excellently !!!!
The upright steamer is extremely well made and put together !!! I have only used it so far to clean both bathroom and kitchen contract lino-floors, but it has been a pleasure to use instead of the 'old mop and bucket'.

I can see many more cleaning jobs I can't wait to try it out on , the next will be to see if I can clean the tiles and 'grouting' in the bathroom. This will be interesting, as I have tried many cleaners to re-fresh and brighten the once 'white' grouting . . . no improvement.

So I will update if this next task is successful !!!!!! . . . one simple cleaner to do all these tasks ???? sounds too good to be true.

Will let you know.