5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting
This is a period of history I really enjoy and it was very interesting to read about the Grey family from a different perspective. How much of this perspective is actually true or invented, it sits well with known facts. I would highly recommend this book.
Published 11 months ago by Mrs. Janet Barr

1.0 out of 5 stars Fiction, not historical
I've never written a review on Amazon prior to this, but, well. I struggled with "The Tudor Wife", finding it so unrealistic it was almost laughable, but given the low price of this, I felt I should give the author another go, as I love historical novels from this period.
Published 11 months ago by Jen Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Fiction, not historical, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
The central character of Jane Grey is so unrealistic and unbelievable, and from my limited reading on this family, her interpretation of the rest is equally incredible. I really, really wanted to like this book, but the ridiculous Guildford and co, and the inclusion of yet another random affair for which there doesn't seem to be any need, made it virtually unreadable. The only character I could really believe acted the way he is written was Northumberland, with his scheming and plotting.
I hate to have to sound so negative, but if you want a good set of Tudor novels, which at least make an attempt to be realistic, stick with Philippa Gregory and co...

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful :(, 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
Dull and repetitive. if I had read about one more piece of embroidery or the individual flowers that made up a bouquet i would have screamed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another dreadful book, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure who told this author she could write - nor am I sure why I actually bought this book, having ploughed through a couple if her other books.
The character of Lady Jane Grey in this book is appalling. Her Father is utterly cringeworthy and Guildford Dudley is just plain embarrassing.
I think someone should sit this author down, go through the Tudor timeline with her and then make her promise to never EVER write another book on this period again.
Awful awful awful awful awful

2.0 out of 5 stars Of fashion and gems., 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
Not as good as I thought it would be. If you want to know about the fashion of the day in great detail together with all the gems that went into them then this is the book for you. For me there was not enough story to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Local interest, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
Was gripped by the story of Lady Jane Grey, since her family lived in Bradgate Park in Leicestershire, just few miles from me and have often visited the ruins of the old house. Really enjoyed the story, although I felt like giving Jane a good slap at times, and loved the other 2 sisters' escapades as well. Enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 24 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
I found this book really insightful and moving. You can see the difference between the three grey sisters, the "brilliant one" the "beautiful one" and the "beastly little one". This novel shows one of the sisters who was a disappointment, who was considered a "gargoyle" and forgotten in history while her sisters are martyrs or tragic beauties.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
I felt it sometimes lost itself in overly descriptive writing, but in the main I enjoyed it very much. This shows how vulnerable people can be used by powerful, ambitious people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book very much I have read about Lady Jane Grey before but knew nothing about her family or early life.

4.0 out of 5 stars good historical read., 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Fallen Queen (Kindle Edition)
Another good historical novel containing a lot of historical facts. It makes understanding our history a lot easier. I am interested in this era in history

The Fallen Queen