5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CD THIS YEAR!!!
Published on 19 Oct 2009 by Colin R. Holmes

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album but not Great
A gorgeous voice with an ecelectic choice of songs, together with a lush mix of contemporary orchestral arrangements. Not quite as strong as his last album, but good value nevertheless. Nowadays, this type of music could be described as cheesy.For the Babyboomers however, there is no doubt this guy has class and is going to be around for quite a while.
Published on 20 Jan 2010 by TonyTee

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CD THIS YEAR!!!, 19 Oct 2009
Colin R. Holmes (Wales) - See all my reviews
Micheal Buble has proberbly recorded his best album yet and in doing so has embraced all sections of the record buying public. The voice is perfect whether scaling the heights or singing in his boots and each track is a gold star performance. I could not fault a track because each track has a magic about it that only Buble and the excellant orchestrations encompass. The changes from swinging band and sometimes swinging voices to smooth strings with full orchestra on other tracks. Listen to 'cry me a river' with pounding orchestral opening giving the standard a different dimension. Listen to 'Some king of Wonderful' ( an old Drifter's hit) smooth pop at it's best. I could go on. Do we have to wait another year for another album ?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best HAS come... (so far anyway !!), 19 Oct 2009
Mrs. W. E. Ransome "shmoopie" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I haven't been this excited to hear an album in ages and I was not disappointed. Great beats and contrasts of style and Michael's voice sounding better than ever. It must feel great to know you can open your mouth and make that sound, I am so jealous !!!

Cry me a river has a really original arrangement that adds so much to an already great song and I think his voice has got better (who would have thought that was possible ?!!!) and that adds something to all the tracks. His own compositions are excellent once again and he has made great choices for the other tracks. The big band sound on Heartache Tonight is fabulous and the beat on baby (you've got what it takes) is infectious. (Mum would have loved it - bless her )

Recommended without hesitation and can't wait to see him live again soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's Back - and better than ever!, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
Couldn't wait to rush out and purchase Michael Buble's new album yesterday - have been to see Michael in concert and he is an outstanding artist and funny and very genuine man.

This new album contains the usual mix of old swing and motown standards and some original tracks by Buble - it makes for a great mix of songs you can instantly sing along to and the original tracks are excellent and are set to become strong classics of their own.

If you don't like Michael Buble's albums then why purchase and review this one dragging it down by giving it only 2 stars - Michael is sticking to a formulae that has brought him huge success and pleases his legion of fans worldwide - this as a fan is what I've come to expect and love about him and this album didn't dissapoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 19 Oct 2009
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
I've been a Buble fan since the beginning and this album is by far, my favourite yet (and I have them all). I really can't think of anything I would change on it - it contains the perfect blend of songs. The album begins with an amazing version of "Cry me a River", which is followed by a number of equally good tracks: Georgia on my Mind; Crazy Love; At this Moment; and Some Kind of Wonderful. The album also includes two fantastic original songs - Haven't Met You Yet and Hold On (my favourite track on the cd).

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, He's Back, 4 Nov 2009
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
Michael Buble gives us here his fourth studio album which will please his fans, and probably give him some new ones. With 12 tracks, and two more bonus tracks bringing the total to 14 there is something for everyone here as Mr Buble gives us an ecletic mix of songs on this album, including two that he co-wrote himself. The first track on this album 'Cry Me A River' is a brilliant version (and my favourite track on the whole album), with a Bond type feel to it, indeed in some places there is also a Bond touch on 'Georigia On My Mind'.

I have to admit that although I love swing and jazz this is the first album of Buble's that I have ever bought, it was seeing him perform on the X-Factor that made me get this one, and I am very impressed and glad that I got it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality production from Bublé, 17 Oct 2009
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
Bublé's latest album is polished and beautifully produced with good balance between Bublé's smooth vocals and the various instruments in his band.

The album is mainly old favourites updated with Bublé's modern jazz style with a couple of new tracks co-written by Bublé. One of the songs co-written by Bublé is my favourite on the album, it's called "Haven't Met You Yet" and it's an upbeat piano backed song that will have your foot tapping along straight away!

There are three duet tracks, all of which are great and add extra interest to the album;
"Baby (You've Got What it Takes)" with Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
"Stardust" with Naturally 7
"Whatever it Takes" with Ron Sexsmith

The description of this album includes the sentence "Moving away from the Rat Pack stylings of yore, here he adopts a decidedly 70s sounding singer songwriter feel with which he sounds equally at home" - I don't agree with this and wonder how much of the album the writer has heard? This is very much an album in the same vein as his previous offering, "Call Me Irresponsible", with a mix of rat pack style songs and his own more modern jazz/pop style songs.

There is such a variety of tracks on this album it's very entertaining and is bound to be a favourite on my iPod for some months to come. If you have enjoyed Bublé in the past then you will definitely enjoy this album. I think it could be his best album so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Who said Lightning can't strike four times in the same place ... another winner Michael Buble", 11 Oct 2009
J. Lovins "Mr. Jim" (Missouri-USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
Reprise/ Warner presents "CRAZY LOVE", you now have a front row seat with the dynamic opening track "Cry Me a River", featuring pop vocalist of the millennium Michael Buble, the Vancouver crooner with his latest release with new material and some vintage swingin' standards --- Canadian crooner's fourth studio release, is about as versatile as it gets --- jam packed with an unforgettable youthful style that takes you back to the '40 and '50s --- listening to every tune on this album brings back memories of Frank, Nat (one of my favorite singers of all time), Tony Bennett (who is still going strong), crooning favorite standards of the day --- Michael has the uncanny ability to nail each track with his signature style and making it his own.

Buble's performance is impeccable, the renditions are simply from the heart --- one can hardly pick a stand out, entire recording draws on the swinging bands of yesterday like Count Basie, Quincy Jones, Billy Mays and Nelson Riddle at his back, plus slow tempos with blends of original sentiment and gorgeous melodies in the order in which they appear --- Some favorites on this album surface "CRY ME A RIVER", "ALL OF ME", "GEORGIA ON MY MIND", "HOLD ON", YOU'RE NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY LOVES YOU", "BABY (YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES)", "STARDUST" and "HAVEN'T MET YOU YET" -- but what the hey, I love all thirteen tracks with the big brass, velvety strings and lush tones from our favorite crooner.

Crazy Love (track listings)

1 Cry Me a River [4:14] (arranged by David Foster, Jochem van der Saag & Buble)
2 All of Me [3:07] (arranged by Quincy Jones & Billy Byers)
3 Georgia on My Mind [3:08] (arranged by David Foster & Bill Ross)
4 Crazy Love [3:31] (arranged Alan Chang, Bob Rock & Buble)
5 Haven't Met You Yet [4:05] (composed by Alan Chang, Amy S. Foster and Buble)
6 All I Do Is Dream of You [2:32] (arranged by David Foster)
7 Hold On [4:06] (composed by Alan Chang, Amy S. Foster and Buble)
8 Heartache Tonight [3:51] (arranged by John Clayton, David Foster & Jochem van der Saag)
9 You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You [3:07] (arranged by Humberto Gatica & Justin Ray)
10 Baby (You've Got What It Takes) [3:20] (with Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings) (arranged by Bob Rock, Gabriel Roth & Buble)
11 At This Moment [4:37] (arranged by David Foster & Jerry Hey)
12 Stardust [3:15] (with Naturally 7) (arranged by Humberto Gatica & Alan Chang)
13 Whatever It Takes [4:34] (duet with composer Ron Sexsmith) (arranged by David Foster & orchestrated by Bill Ross)

Special footnote, Bublé was born in Burnaby, British Columbia --- He is of Italian descent with dual citizenship in Italy, graduated from Cariboo Hill Secondary School --- Bublé grew up listening to his grandfather's collection of jazz records --- Bublé highlights the importance of his grandfather in encouraging his musical tastes. "My grandfather was really my best friend growing up --- He was the one who opened me up to a whole world of music that seemed to have been passed over by my generation --- Although I like rock and roll and modern music, the first time my granddad played me the Mills Brothers, something magical happened --- The lyrics were so romantic, so real... the way a song should be for me --- It was like seeing my future flash before me. I wanted to be a singer and I knew that this was the music that I wanted to sing."

My wife and I were fortunate enough to see Michael in a St. Louis concert, met him back stage --- might add this young man made a very positive impression on all who attended that night's show --- he's a first class guy and has everything going for him --- couldn't happen to a nicer person, it's like second nature with his natural ability to vocalize and be a crowd pleaser is pure magic --- shows why Buble has the the stuff stars are made of --- Michael's the hottest property in the genre of "American Standards" today --- as Michael warns his band, "get ready it's about to start all over again", and that's 2009 and beyond --- climb aboard this musical merry-go-round, you'll never regret it --- Good Luck, Michael with your latest studio recording --- it is definitely a trip and a half.

Total Time: 47:33 on 13 Tracks ~ Reprise/WEA Music 520733 ~ (10/09/2009)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better and better, 11 Jan 2010
Ms. E. J. Baker "Elle" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
I really love this man. I have all his albums having first been introduced to him by an ex boyfriend about 5 years ago and I have also seen him perform live - wow what a showman and a pro!. I have to say I think this is his best album yet with the stand out track for me the duet with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (thanks for introducing me to this lady Michael I love her). The final 3 tracks also really show how he has matured and grown in his confidence and his belief in great music and they are my stand outs on the album. In truth however all the tracks on this particular album are excellent, there is not one that doesn't sound good and it is an album which simply oozes class and finesse.

All in all another winner for me and I shall be travelling from the Middle East to Europe to see him live in concert again this year and counting the days to doing so. Expensive to do - afraid so but worth the cost - you bet he is!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic album, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
this is the 2nd crazy love that i have bought, the first one got lost.
it is a great album, i listen to this more than anything else.
every song i love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy for songs, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Crazy Love (Audio CD)
A splendid album especially the track "Cry me a river" a powerful song given a spectacular make over.

Crazy Love