4.0 out of 5 stars Mean machine
As Depeche More are ageing, their focus is shifting, opening up new avenues soundwise. More raw and visceral than ever before, "Delta machine" maintains the classic DM element while also boasting a more mature overall sound, with strikingly minimal, warmer electronic elements, evoking moody techno more than the bouncy synth-pop most would expect from them. The...
Published 9 months ago by Scarlet Jupiter

3.0 out of 5 stars Errr....no digital download link?
This isn't a review as such, but a complaint that I simply cannot resolve. My neatly packaged and shrink wrapped copy arrived last Monday. Excellent - until I opened it, and it contains no download code or weblink address to obtain said download. Am I just missing something somewhere, or have I obtained a 'dud' copy? I have approached the official DM forum, who haven't...
Published 23 months ago by Mr. G. J. Arnold

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Delta Machine (MP3 Download)
Boys definitely back with a bang and well worth waiting on. Some dark tracks, some quite funky tracks but all really good. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Time to call it a day, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Delta Machine (MP3 Download)
I've been a big Depeche Mode fan since the 80's, I skived a week off school to follow the Black Celebration tour, but sadly everything seems to have gone downhill since them. Maybe using guitars a real drums doesn't help. Nothing has inspired since SOFAD and the odd track off Ultra, but I heard good things about this latest release. Track after track totally uninspiring. Sorry guys.

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried, I really did., 8 Sept. 2014
Andre (TURRIFF, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta Machine (Audio CD)
Rather than give this album a good kicking that I felt it deserved on release I thought I'd give it time to see if I warmed to it, and I just can't. After the dirty sounding analogue synthy sounds of Playing the Angel and Sounds of the Universe, both FANTASTIC albums, we seem to be back to Exciter stripped down not very electronic at all type stuff .... and it's really dull :(.

I've tried really hard to like this and played it many, many times - it just does nothing for me, I can't think of a single stand out track.

I still love Depeche, I'll just need to spend my time with the back catalogue instead. Hopefully there's a few albums left in the old girl yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Feb. 2015
Top Album!

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE.....and about time, 25 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Delta Machine (MP3 Download)
This is what only DM can do and they do it best... Along time coming but say no more... SUPERB

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Feb. 2014
great

5.0 out of 5 stars Depeche Mode at their best, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Delta Machine (Audio CD)
Superb Album. Back to their best!!. It sounds better with every listen . A must buy for old and new fans

2.0 out of 5 stars Plinky plonky plinky plonky, add murky vocals. Repeat until fade..., 28 Mar. 2013
Keith Larkworthy "kelar 71" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta Machine (Audio CD)
What happened to the depeche mode who made personal Jesus, enjoy the silence, walking in my shoes, barrel of a gun, precious??? They've somehow lost the ability to make killer, foot stomping, hook laden songs that rattle the rafters of arenas. This album seems too minimalistic and full of songs that barely rate as passable b-sides. Dave Gahans vocals are excellent as usual but his voice deserves better songs than this. I can only see two possible futures for dm now;

1) Release a comprehensive greatest hits album with decent linear notes (ditch the Arty Anton corbjin photos) Go out on a huge world tour and retire, or...

2) Beg Alan Wilder to come back, hire Brian Eno as a producer and create another album to rival your late 80's, early 90's best work.

Sorry guys but Delta machine is more like Dull-ta machine.

3.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, 6 April 2013
Matthew (Good old England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delta Machine (MP3 Download)
It's not the Mode of the 80's. Quite messy without a real sense of the bands identity.
Stick to their older stuff and only buy this if you're a true DM fan.

I'd give it a 4 out 10 due to it's lack of direction.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›