Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 19 November 2014
much better than Songs of the universe
on 2 April 2013
I'll cut to the chase, this is the best album they've made since Ultra, end of. When I first played it, I expected a decent title track, some fillers and a couple of other serviceable songs. And I would have been happy with that because I could have dutifully added one or two songs to my slowly growing DM mp3 playlist. This was certainly the case for Sounds of The Universe. But Delta Machine is a much, much better album, which hangs together superbly and whose songs are of a high quality throughout. Listen for yourself but standout track for me has to be Heaven, whose bluesy guitar-cum-piano (what IS that instrument?) chorus sends the hairs on the back of my next tingling. It's just fabulous. These guys are one of the most original contributors to music today and their canon of work is breathtaking. Mode forever.
on 31 March 2013
DM done it again, after a eternity of waiting for decent music we have at last an album with depth , meaning and soul , welcome back DM , "this feels like home "
on 6 April 2013
As a lifelong fan, who shivers in anticipation of a new album, I am very pleasantly surprised. Although generally preferring the albums with large production values, such as SOFAD, Ultra, Music For the Masses, Violator, Playing The Angel and SOTU, and less so the minimalism of Exciter and the early albums, I was concerned after hearing some of pre-release snippets. However, this has really grown on me. After several plays I had immediately decided on my stand-out tracks, which IMHO would make a great 9 or 10 track album. With the true 'devotees' wanting and needing the blend of Dave and Martin's vocals (who else on the planet sounds like Martin L. Gore?) and the uplifting anthem-like choruses, Delta Machine has, on the whole, delivered. Thank you DM for satisfying our 3 year fix.
on 9 March 2015
not as good as their earlier music
on 24 September 2013
This is absolutely fantastic Depeche Mode, I have love their stuff since they first kicked off, they have done it again after all these years!
on 10 November 2014
The greatest band in the world!
on 26 March 2013
As with most likely millions of others around the world, "Enjoy The Silence" was one of my first musical introductions to the group. I had to be around 9-10 years old when I first saw the music video to "Enjoy The Silence" on what was either MTV or VH1 (I admit that I forgot which one). Fast forward years later (around 2002), and my then boyfriend (who is luckily now my current husband) re-introduces me to Depeche Mode through the Exciter cd. Back in January 2005, my husband also purchased the Singles 86>98 collection for me as a gift to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.
As a result, I am familiar with Depeche Mode and was eager to hear the new songs from "Delta Machine", especially after getting a chance to listen to "Heaven." "Welcome To My World", "Angel", "Secret To The End", "Should Be Higher", "Soothe My Soul", and "Always" are some of the other candid and compelling music tracks on this cd. The other strong feature to this collection is the balance of various music elements with the range of songs. "Delta Machine" by Depeche Mode is good for those who like electronica music.
on 8 January 2015
Excellent Album. Great tracks.
on 4 April 2013
After being a fan for 30 years, they never disappoint me with what they do!
DM sounding like DM but still sounding different.