on 13 April 2013
It was a delight, and it left me waiting for the second part as I have never looked for a second part before. Mr Darcy's character is much better understood in this book than in Austen's original work. I never thought that any other book would give me as much enjoyment as Pride and Prejudice, but this one has. Heartily recommended.
on 2 January 2014
A really great evolving story over three books. Couldn't wait t get to the next one an then wished I hadn't read it so quickly! True in spirit and the essence of the original P&P story but it does deviate into a new story line - but this is good, fresh and very convincing. I hope there are more along the same lines from this author.
on 10 September 2013
Good storyline which varies from the original and builds in new characters, but the lengthy descriptions and elaborate details did make me skip read throughout the book. I now have to purchase the next two volumes to find out what happens next. Think I will take a break before tackling them.
on 19 March 2013
Read this book on the recommendation of a good friend and was very pleased. Much more well-written than I expected from the genre. I would say it is for true fans of Pride and Prejudice - with subtle wit, intelligent dialogue and romantic longing aplenty. I am eager to see where the author takes the story in her next volume.
on 17 June 2013
I was disappointed when I got to the end of this book which is a rare think. Not because it wasn't a good read, it was, but because I had to purchase another book to finish the story I think this is an unfair way to cash in on peoples love of the Darcy Elizabeth love story. Having just read the last instalment I was disappointed in that, it wasnt as well written as this one is.
I would recommend this book but think all 3 should be covered in one price!
on 6 June 2013
This book covers the five days after Darcy's proposal at Hunsford, and how Elizabeth's feeling for him start changing. The two succeeding books are just as good
on 6 October 2013
Grafton has captured the original characters superbly and maintains a style of writing that you can believe is Austen's. The story is very believable.
on 26 May 2013
LOVED THE IDEA OF THE ORIGINAL STORY BEING EXPANDED.
WRTING STYLE REALLY RELATED TO THAT OF JANE AUSTEN.
ENHANCED THE CHARACTERS.
on 6 November 2013
Extremely well written , a thoroughty good read . It left you wanting to read the next chapter . Well worth buying .
on 23 June 2013
I thought it was quite good. I find I like her work. And all the pride and prejudice books are very readable