Size: 40 inch|Change
Price:£429.99+ Free shipping

on 23 October 2013
Stunning picture particularly on all the HD channels - and channel re-ordering very quick and simple, allowing BBC1 HD to be at position 1, BBC2 HD at 2 etc. (unlike some models I looked at which don't allow re-ordering of Freeview channels).

Set itself is very stylish. Very minimalist and the brushed aluminium stand looks amazing.

Sony's user interface is great making setup and configuration VERY VERY EASY.
on 13 January 2014
We were after a replacement TV for the family room as the our existing Sony 32inch was too small for the room. I was pretty much sold on the W6 50" but it is expensive and as such we were saving up. We were in a retail store at the weekend and by chance, this one was in the clearance. I noticed it straight away (ex display 46" tv for £400 with 5 year warranty). I'm glad I bought this on a whim as it is excellent.

I agree with the reviewers who have said that the colours do seem a little washed out when viewed from an angle but the room set-up we have is where the sofa is directly opposite the TV so this is no problem for us. It isn't 'smart' or wi-fi', both of which I dismissed as un-necessary because we have a Roku box and an Xbox360 connected for things like iPlayer, Netflix, etc.

The Freeview HD is fantastic. We watched Sherlock in HD at the time of broadcast over the weekend and it looked and sounded great.

Picture: I have played with the settings a little and now have a picture which, in my opinion, is superb. I know that there are better TVs out there with better motion technology, but match of the day was great, games on xbox are great, and movies were great. I am no professional but I am a keen consumer who doesn't buy rubbish and would be critical if there were issues and I cannot see any. CBeebies in HD....who knew???

Sound: The sound is ok, but I use some old creative 2.1 PC speakers and sub plugged into headphone jack which sounds so much better

Functionality: As mentioned earlier, we have other products which give us the 'Smart' element this TV lacks. It is one HDMI port short for me (it has 2). I will need to buy a HDMI switch which are less than £10 on Amazon at the time of writing.

Installation: This TV was already built and set-up as it was the display set in the store. We had a play around with it before we bought it to be sure this was what we wanted to spend our hard earned money on. Once we got it home, we connected everything up to it and switched it on. Easy. I tweaked the settings, that's all.

Conclusion: Great value for money and I am so pleased I didn't shell out £90 for a smaller screen. I'm sure, as this is a 'budget' tv that there will be plenty who disagree with me, but for the money, I think this TV is excellent.
on 23 August 2013
Love it. Clearest picture out there for this price. It doesnt come with all that 3D, internet connected, apps-n-more clutter that i wanted to stay away from.
Its a telly, pure and simple. And it's brilliant.
on 9 January 2014
I have always stuck with sony bravias, my old one is 4 years old and not a single fault whilst my parent's samsung is showing purple streaks towards the bottom

I looked around a lot after boxing day sales and everything but i can say that this is the best value tv you can buy, it is extremely nice to look at and puts other samsungs to shame
the pricing is brilliant,
feels very expensive and definitely not tacky or cheap.

The frame is so slim, maybe a cm apart.
The metal stand helps it from wobbling around and helps maintain posture as well as looking brilliant

It is also light, my dad who is not a weightlifter by any means lifted it up on his own and bought it to my room with no effort

I bought this tv to play PS4 and to mainly game. It does not disappoint, it shows vivid colours and makes gameplay immersive. Killzone SF looks dreamy.

I have also spending time watching freeview HD which is glorious to look at.
You can also edit the channel orders which always bugged me before since the channels u liked were always at the end of the channel listings.

Watching movies in 1080p is glorious, 720p is also fantastic, even SD holds up reasonably well

It did not disappoint

The menus are great and easy to navigate around.

The photo frame tool is kinda cool but aint no use since PS3 can do this with ease

everything is quick and snappy

9/10. Not a 10 because remote control feels too cheap but it is just a remote control, doesn't take anything away from this masterpiece in front of me
on 8 February 2014
It was very easy to set up and colour lovely - very satisfactory. Very good value would recommend this television
on 14 November 2013
Met all expectations for a great price! Looks great too! The tv is light weight & easy to set up. The screen size is perfect if u don't want anything too big and the clarity of the picture is wonderful. Great tv!!
on 14 August 2014
Didnt have much money to spend but wanted a big TV. Had this tell for a few months now and love it.

Use it for Sky HD, Xbox games and Blu-rays. The Hd is brilliant and games look very good too

Heard complaints about the lack of bass, Its not great but you never notice on normal telly, got a surround kit for movies so that never bothered me.

Only two HDMI slots so not great, but an HDMI switcher is working well

Has a USB slot and it is brilliant, great for looking at photos and watching films that you have copied from your own private collection and not downloaded (ahem) plays bloody everything I've thrown at it, AVI, X-VID, DIV-X it even plays High Def .mkv files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they look brilliant at even just at 720p.

Overall love it, yes there are better telly's but i cant afford them, Im pretty fussy and after allot of review reading Im well happy with my purchase, god bless Sony
on 6 March 2014
Excellent product, I bought this after checking out the 'which' reviews. does not disappoint, stand is excellent and tv does not wobble
on 10 March 2014
Beautiful tv, still trying to figure out the whole hdmi thing and how to sync my Sony XperiaZ with it. But very happy all round.
on 5 July 2014
Fantastic TV! Brought for a bedroom and its amazing, unlike others I cannot fault the audio! Picture quality is clear and crisp. I use this with an Apple TV and the quality from Netflix is amazing! I would recommend this TV to anyone!

To clarify, the ports are as follows: 1x LAN 1x Scart 1x USB 1x Antenna 1x Component/Composite Multi 1x Optical Out 1x Headphones 2x HDMI. Power cable is hard wired, and a little short but that wasn't an issue for me.