5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it will do.
When I was given the opportunity to trial these tablets, I thought it would be in interesting to find out whether these more expensive tablets actually perform better. I found that they do, but only in certain circumstances.

Published 1 month ago by Persephone

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to see the benefit
Full disclosure: I'm a supertab sceptic. I strongly suspect that the machine - its design, loading and maintenance, especially cleaning - has more effect on its cleaning results than even the superest of supertabs.

With that out of the way, I was interested to see what these could offer over our John Lewis (AEG) machine's usual feed of half an Ecover tablet...
Published 1 month ago by will_de_beest

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says it will do., 1 Feb. 2015
Persephone (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Finish Quantum Original 2 x Pack of 30 (60 Dishwasher Tablets) (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I normally use Sainsbury's all in one tablets, or separate salt, detergent & rinse aid. These seem to have done the job fine, although don’t work well at low temperatures, and glasses can end up a bit cloudy.

In practice, compared to the Sainsbury's own brand tablets, the Quantum tablets perform no better for an average wash at high temperature with no baked on food, with the exception that glasses are completely clear. Where they perform better than the cheaper tablets is at low temperatures and particularly on burned-on food. I tested it on a lasagne dish which would normally have needed to be soaked overnight. That said, it wasn’t 100% successful, but it did get it almost all off.

I was also given some ‘Finish Powerball all in 1 max’ tablets to review and I found that it was much more difficult to spot a performance improvement with the Quantum tablets. The only differences listed on the side of the packaging are ‘silver protection’ and ‘shine booster’. I don’t have any silver cutlery and comparing the shininess of washed dishes is a little subjective, and otherwise they appeared to be as good in all other uses.

In conclusion I would suggest using Quantum tablets if you have to wash things at low temperatures, you have very dirty dishes or you are washing silver (presumably – I haven’t tested this). If silver isn’t a problem I would recommend the ‘Finish Powerball all in 1 max’ tablets, and if you are washing at high temperatures I’d suggest that Sainsbury's own brand is just fine for normal washes.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cut above hte standard dishwasher tablets, 13 May 2014
R. Johnson "r_johnson194" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using the standard finish tablets for years and was generally happy with them.

However these are much better and I immediately saw the difference. Glass, ceramics and pots are visibly shiner when they come out of the dishwasher. Pans that needed to be soaked and scrubbed before putting in the dishwasher now only need a soak. A dish that was used for pasta bake had hard blackened cheese stuck to the sides. I soaked it for an hour or so and without any other cleaning put it in the dishwasher. It came out sparkling. This never happened with the standard tablets. It also gets through grease pretty well.

It's only a small thing, but the fact these don't come in a wrapper is really nice.

Overall a definite upgrade from the standard tablets. They are a little expensive, but they do cut down on need to pre-scrub hard to clean dishes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Do the job!, 27 May 2014
Marand - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We've been using Finish tablets for years – I tend to buy them whenever a special offer comes up at the supermarket and I'm not overly fussy about which of the various Finish tablets I get as they all do the job satisfactorily. I have occasionally used supermarket own-brand tablets but find them to be harsh, particularly on glassware, whilst not getting rid of baked on food on e.g. casserole dishes. With Finish, invariably the dishes, etc come out perfectly clean. I don't recall ever having had problems with glassware with the Finish tablets but they have dulled the exterior enamel on some pans so I am selective in what I put in the dishwasher. I wouldn't dream of putting good china and crystal in the dishwasher regardless of the type of tablet.

I've also used the Fairy tabs a few times, mainly when they have been on offer. I prefer the Finish tablets, particularly the lemon-scented version, over the Fairy ones, mainly because the Fairy tabs leave a fairly strong smell and occasionally there seems to be a sort of residue on crockery.

You don't need to add rinse aid or salt with these Finish tablets – I was initially concerned about this but everything comes out streak-free so the tablets are doing their job. The only problem is having to repeatedly press buttons to override my dishwasher's incessant demands for salt & rinse aid! The pack does say that if you live in an area of particularly hard water then you may need to supplement with dishwasher salt. I live in an area where water is on the hard side but not excessively so and I haven't need to do this.

The seal on the bag isn't that good and in theory the tabs need to be kept dry. Even when the pack has unsealed itself, the tablets haven't come to any harm stored in the cupboard under the sink.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Around Sparkle, 3 Jan. 2014
Ayami "Ayami" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using Lemon Sparkle in my dishwasher for a few months and have to say I've been very happy with the results. There's always quite a mix of dishes from pots to glasses and although we will rinse them before putting them they come out clean and dry. Glasses very rarely have spots on them and although we are in a soft water area it's good to know it will also protect the machine from limescale.

We are regular tea drinkers and again, there's no stains left in the cups. The tabs are a bit big but the flap will still close on the dishwasher and they are very clean to handle making life very easy. We will definitely be purchasing these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cleaning power, but can scour soft glass, 26 April 2014
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Finish Quantum Regular 60 tablets in 1 pack. Beware, Amazon has lumped several different types and pack sizes of Finish tablet on this page, not all are the same.

This particular Quantum Regular tablet offers the convenience of just dropping the tablet and its covering into the dispenser (no wrapper to be removed). But, there is a problem: the re-sealable Finish packs do not reseal well after a while and instead we have found that it is essential to always store the tablets in a couple of old airtight Tupperware boxes to protect them from humidity - the larger one keeps the bulk of the pack dry in long term storage, the smaller one holds just a few handy for daily use. This is because most of the time our machine is only used on alternate days, and a pack of 60 tablets will last us as long as four months; but if these tablets are left exposed to normal humid kitchen air they will become sticky and horrible in maybe a week, even less if wet fingers were used to pick out the previously used tablets.

This pack of Quantum does NOT claim to be safe in septic tanks.

We've been using all of the various types of Finish dishwasher tablets and powders for more than three decades in a couple of different dishwashers. They consistently perform very well in the Which? tests. To my surprise, regardless of which of the many types of Finish tablet we use, the results are always much better than the occasionally tried "Own Brand" supermarket tablets. We have soft water but still always make sure the dishwasher has the water-softener and rinse-aid working correctly and the filters are clear. We usually use the shorter but hotter wash program. The machine remains clean and pong-free.

Beware, soft glass will be scoured by the basic Regular tablets, as happened very quickly with our La Cafetiere Le Tea Pot, some of our older drinking glasses, and the glaze and decoration on the cheaper mugs - even though they may claim to be 'Dishwasher Safe'. And because of this we still always hand wash our most expensive glassware, crockery and cutlery even if the dish washer can use a 'glass protection' or 'shine polish' tablet.

We also never pay the ridiculously high 'full list price' and always look for offers on the opportunity to stock up cheap, usually at about a third of list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty effective, 24 Jan. 2015
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These Finish Quantum Dishwasher Tablets are really convenient in that they are individually wrapped in dissolving wrappers and you don't need to add salt etc. even in a harder water area like ours. The results they produce in our Bosch Dishwasher are generally pretty good, although, despite the claim about their ability to handle tea stains, we've occasionally had residual tea stains in our mugs. Other stains are generally handled well and crockery, cutlery and utensils are generally sparkling clean when they emerge from the machine and we've used these tablets. Another positive feature is that these Finish tablets seem sympathetic over the long term to colours on mugs etc. - they don't seem to fade. In addition, Finish tablets have a very fresh smell but on one or two occasions, despite meticulous dishwasher hygiene, some of the items in a wash, in particular, glasses, have had a slightly "eggy" smell to them after washing.

Overall, these Finish Quantum tablets are strong performers which are recommended by many dishwasher manufacturers - all in all good quality, easy to use and reasonable value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just chuck it in and set it off, 28 Jan. 2015
Katharine Kirby "Kate" (HELSTON, Cornwall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dishwasher manufacturers have no need to install those annoying red warning lights now as Quantum Finish Powerball tablets take care of the Salt and Rinse Aid requirements, as well as the powder/gel/liquids we used to load up with.

All in one Powerball even takes care of stains and breaks down the toughest stuck on food, cuts grease, if you don't scrape and prewash as we were once taught to do...

No wrapper means popping one into the dry dispenser without fuss or fiddle.

These hardworking tablets should be stored up high away from any inquisitive children and only handled with dry hands. Re seal the pack each time. I still reckon you shouldn't put Granny's porcelain or gold rimmed crockery into a machine ditto crystal ware.

I like having them delivered, so a subscribe and save set up could be useful.

The results are as good as it gets, a lot depends on your stacking system and the cleanliness of the actual machine, blocked filters are not good not are big pans on the bottom that stop the water freely spraying.

The scent is fresh and light, makes the job feel well done as you unload.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noticeably better than two other types I compared it with, 1 Mar. 2015
hfffoman (Kent) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I agree with the review of Persephone and recommend reading it. I also (courtesy of Amazon Vine) had the chance to compare this with Finish Powerball all-in-one max and I also happened to be using Sainsburys as my base comparison. I found this one noticeably better than both the other products. This is consistent with Persephone's test as I always use a 45 degree wash. Using the Sainsburys tablets it took me a 2 hour wash and I still got bits of food stuck to plates and cutlery and the shine was poor. With the Quantum Max I got a better wash on a 30 minutes setting. That is an impressive improvement.

Unlike Persephone I found the other Finish product not as good as this. I couldn't get such a good wash on 30 minutes, making it cloer to the performance of the Sainsburys tablets.

A little tip: I confess that the first time I used it I painstakingly unwrapped the shrink wrap cellphane covering the tablet. When I read the instructions I realised you are supposed to leave it on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finish Quantum Original, 28 Jan. 2015
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These dishwasher tablets come individually wrapped and you have no need to unwrap them, just drop the entire tablet in. The only downside with this is, as the wrapping dissolves, you have to make sure your hands are dry. However, considering the dire warnings about coming into contact with the chemicals included, this feature does make the process safe and simple.

As you would expect, these do a pretty good job of cleaning most things. Casserole dishes just need a soak before you put them into the machine and glasses, especially, did come out nice and sparkling clean. I did find that tea stains were removed fairly well, although a coffee cup which had been sitting around for a while did have some marks. However, although not perfect, these tablets do certainly cut down on the time you spend pre-washing dishes – which is, after all, why you have a dishwasher in the first place. As such, they are worth a little extra cost in the time saved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try popping it on the floor of the dishwasher for better results......., 28 Jan. 2015
Bob and Billy's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a lovely BEKO dishwasher, which I faithfully add salt and rinseaid to, before using a low cost supermarket tablet.I was pleased to try out finish Quantum to see if an all in one can do as good a job. Wow. It does, and then some.
I've tried it on all programmes, and clearly the longer hotter wash was the best. But I discovered that putting the tablet on the floor of the dishwasher for the short eco cycle made a huge difference in its useability. Brilliant! Dishes, glasses, sparkling and shiny, and no salty residue I used to get.
I think dishwasher tablets are one of those expenses that are annoying....often over priced, but if you wait for a good offer (especially on Amazon) then they are much more cost efficient. More so, if you factor in not having the additional expense of salt and rinseaid!
I'd wholeheartedly recommend these as a very good dishwasher tablet indeed.