Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 September 2013
Nuff said.

Although apparently not as I need 18 more words to fill this space. There, done it.

Nuff said.
on 25 January 2016
This album has been a long time coming, dropping 12"bombs of righteousness for years, never selling out, Congo Natty is Jungle! I liken him to the Jah Shaka of Jungle, keeping the message of Rastafari and revolution throughout, but oldskool Ragga Jungle this ain't, with Adrian Sherwood on the mix this is 21St century music for the mind body and soul, Subbass that booms, breaks that snap sharp and hard, Jungle has come of age, join the revolution
on 26 February 2014
This is high quality music at its best. Congo Natty has been creating jungle music for a number of years and he has not lost his creative style. This album is awesome. I love it, my son who likes dub step thinks its the best album he has ever heard. Me being more old skool agree its mighty impressive. All the tracks are exceptional. If you like jungle you will not be disappointed.
on 29 October 2015
Have always loved reggae and dance but have never honestly found a decent jungle album, Until Now!!
I absolutely love this album it is everything that jungle should be, with nice variations rather than some dude bashing out his drum machine
with the bass up with a few reggae snippets added now and again. This to me is proper Jungle!!
on 6 August 2013
I must confess, to start with, that I am one of those kids who likes new-school drum and bass. I came to the scene through Hospital and Ram. And I do love my jump-up drum and bass. But lately, I've just started to explore the past.

That's where this album comes in. For me, it is a fusion of everything enjoyable about jungle. The percussion is sharp and clean sounding, and provides the beat for the listener who would dance. The bass is heavy and deep, with little distortion (excepting on 'London Dungeons', where a distinct dub sound comes through). The instrumentation has strong reggae vibes, and makes one want to lie back and chill. The various MCs, including Rebel himself, skip over the beats at varying speeds and levels of comprehension (special mention to General Levy on 'UK Allstars'; how does he spit so fast?).

My one criticism of the album is the very preachy vibe to a lot of the lyrics; this is due, no doubt, to Congo Natty's very strong agenda and dislike of the perceived spread of Babylon in the UK. 'Micro Chip (Say No)' in particular comes across a little paranoid about the information revolution - but really, this doesn't hurt the music at all.

This is, for me, one of those albums which does not have a single bad song, and the playing of one track makes one immediately want to listen to the whole album. This could not be higher praise from me, a real shuffle fan!

In short, if you like jungle, drum and bass, reggae, or even if not, this album is definitely worth a listen. Although no one track could be said to stand out, I'd recommend a first listen being 'Jungle is I and I'.
on 18 January 2014
i usually prefer more ambient drum and bass such as ltj bukem but this here is pure organic jungle. it doesn't sound too synthetic like much of the other stuff out there and manages to maintain a rasta reggae vibe throughout whilst still delivering some hard hitting jungle beats. get on it, it's brilliant!
on 5 August 2013
Jungle - the collision between roots reggae and high velocity, ride cymbal driven electronic beats - remains one of the greatest inventions in British music, dance or otherwise. Congo Natty's current reinterpreation of this style makes for one of the most exciting and uplifting releases I've heard this year, as a tapestry of voices chase each other around and across the beats. All the more moving for being so long in the making. Essential, and hopefully the beginning of wider interest by a new generation in revisiting this style, which surely has plenty of mileage in it still.
on 16 May 2014
I never got into Jungle when it first appeared, I have always preferred early reggae. But this album mixes reggae and jungle in an good way and it's worth listening to for a bit of variety.
on 12 September 2013
Brilliant album here from Congo Natty and crew. If you are interested in drum and bass, jungle or any Brit dance music it's well worth owning. He blends old sounding dancehall/ ragga tunes, through to the hardcore sound then adds soulful singing to give jungle and onward into dubstep - it's like a history lesson. He has assembled many old school MCs to give the record that original flavour plus some great singers. Vinyl mastering and pressing is quality too. Best record I've bought for a long time.
on 18 October 2013
What an album.
This was my soundtrack to the summer of 2013.
The perfect album to listen to when the sun is blazing.
Conga Natty has indeed produced another slice of Jungle nectar.
If you like your Jungle and Drum & Bass then you NEED to won this album - it'll fit just perfectly in your music collection.
The more I listened to it the more I loved it. I don't think there are any bad tracks on this album.
Own it - it's a must!