5.0 out of 5 stars I want it on Blu-Ray, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Parks & Recreation Seasons One & Two (UK release) [DVD] (DVD)
I have watched these two seasons on BBC4 and fell in love with the show. The third season is currently being shown. I would however, love to own this but not on DVD, but on Blu-Ray. It's shown in HD on BBC4, and I have seen it listed on Amazon.com on Blu-Ray but Region 1. Please can it be released for the UK too, I would definitely buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this show!, 23 Jan 2014
I would highly recommend watching this TV series. It's smart and funny and all the characters are great. It's very easy and fun to watch, I always find myself watching 3 or 4 episodes at a time! The comedic timing is brilliant and the show is obviously very well written by some very funny people.

It starts off a bit slow but by season two it starts to get really good.

Warning: there are only 5 episodes in season one, in case you were expecting more (which I was)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a gem of a series, 16 Jan 2014
I discovered this series by accident, its now one of my favourites! The characters are funny, endearing, outrageous and whacky in equal amounts. Filmed in the same style as The Office, its a must see, especially the one and only Ron Swanson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 16 July 2013
Saw this comedy on t.v and liked it so much bought dvd's. It's a bit like 'The Office' only American of course. The Pawnee Zoo one is really funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damnit Jerry!, 3 Sep 2014
I don't understand how it took me so long to watch this, but on the plus side I get to binge watch series! I encourage you to give this a shot. It's sweet, funny and heart warming without schmaltz or boring story lines. I'm seriously bummed out that the next series will be the last :(

5.0 out of 5 stars A hidden gem, 13 Jun 2013
R. Forse (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
As with many shows I end up watching, it was first recommended by a friend (then another, then another) so I gave it a go. Though many online reviews advised against the need to watch season 1, I wanted to start from the beginning and I'm glad I did as there were a number of gems and "quotables" contained within to make it stand out (in a more character development kind of way).

My first impression was that it reminded me of the Office, but as others have said the main character (Leslie Knope) is infinitely more likeable than David Brent and this really helps the audience (and even the other characters) to root for her throughout.

Having worked in local government, some of the situations and politics that the characters are presented with undoubtably resonated with me, but my wife (who has never worked in local government) also really enjoys the programme so it has a wide appeal.

Keep an eye out for the "Miss Pawnee" episode in particular as this, along with many other episodes, has really made this a favourite in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sep 2014
Painfully funny, simple as.

Parks & Recreation Seasons One & Two (UK release) [DVD]