5.0 out of 5 stars Fluid,Gripping and sublime
Published 15 months ago by @samgwentucker

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful
I cannot understand the bizarre positive reviews for this absolute dud of a play.

I saw this from the front row on one of the opening nights and I fell asleep at one point if not more. Dull beyond belief and inexpicably nominated for Best New Play.
Published 7 months ago by P. C. Chandler

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluid,Gripping and sublime, 10 Aug 2013
I sadly did not get the opportunity to see this play in London when it was on, but I decided to read the play, it arrived and sat on the self for about a week and today I thought I might as well start reading it, I picked it up and two hours later I was done, not once did my eyes lift away from the page and for the first time words made me cry. This play is simply beautiful and touching to read, sad but honest and truthful in every way! A read I will be recommending to everyone I come across

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing script!, 24 Mar 2014
Such a beautiful show, the script is great and really takes you direct to the theatre production in your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes me wish I could have seen it performed..., 8 Nov 2013
Miss Bm Reid "Brogz" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Peter and Alice (Oberon Modern Plays) (Kindle Edition)
Being a massive fan of both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan growing up, buying this was a no-brainer (Ok and I also adore both Ben Whishaw and Judi Dench)
The play really gives a good insight to both writers and the people written about without being boring! The character development is easy to follow but also dramatic enough to keep you hooked!

I'll definitely be trying to get tickets if they ever perform this again. Even without Whishaw and Dench.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 9 July 2013
Melissa (Fairfax CA Usa) - See all my reviews
having seen the play, which was extraordinary - it is a huge pleasure to read the script - profound and insightful and deeply touching

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Jun 2013
Mrs. G. ALLEN "Pet50" (England) - See all my reviews
Bought for my daughter after we saw the play in London. She's drama college and is going to use a sequence from the book to use in her next class. very excited!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 May 2013
Saw the play a month ago and it was amazing! couldn't wait to buy the book, One of the best of this year. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth in fiction, 10 April 2013
I was lucky enough to see this play and thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen on stage. I should mention I've seen a lot!

Alice and Peter were real people who inspired great pieces of literature, but their own stories are just as fascinating. Each with their own memories, regrets and questions here the real Peter and Alice explore the ideas of childhood innocence, identity, adulthood and loss.

Although the work is fiction here we find a lot of fact. The play is inspired by real events with numerous pieces of dialogue being taken directly from the 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Peter Pan' books. As someone who has always been fascinated with 'Alice in Wonderland' it was great to see so much of what I knew about Dodgson and Alice being featured accurately in a script. I knew a little about Barrie and Peter but it was great to learn more. I recommend this for anyone who is interested in these particular pieces of childrens literature or the people involved with the stories.

I found the content incredibly moving as it encourages you to question aspects of your own life - do you feed on someones youth or do you learn from an older persons experience? Is there a moment when you become 'grown up' or is it an ongoing process? Is it safer to live in a world of imagination than to accept reality? Various concepts are explored without aspects being didactic.

The aspect that probably moves me the most is that although Alice seems to relish being Alice, whether that be herself or a representation of her fictional being, Peter never seems to enjoy or cope with either version of himself. He is constantly haunted by the fictional shadow (or not, depending on your interpretation!) which for him seems to encompass death and the inevitabilty of losing youth. Very sad, very moving.

I saw the play about a month ago and I have already read this script twice. I highly recommend. Gold stars all round:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter and Alice, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Peter and Alice (Oberon Modern Plays) (Kindle Edition)
Excellent read. I would have loved to seen this.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Read Me......", 12 April 2013
The stage presence of Judi Dench and Ben Whishaw, a fine supporting cast and clever though simple staging all made this play fine viewing. I was a little anxious that the script alone might be insufficient to recapture the magic.

However, the script works well as an easy and fast read. The characters live independently of the fine performances and the extensive interweaving of lines from the two source books is more obvious in the script than in performance. The apparent simplicity is deceptive and the script impresses more rather than crumbles under scrutiny

An entertaining and thoughtful exploration of reality -v- fantasy and childhood -v- adulthood. Is it good or wise to live one's dreams and what if others cast you in THEIR dreams?

1.0 out of 5 stars Woeful, 11 April 2014