on 12 November 2013
I had the first version Lightspeed iHelicopter and loved it, but the camera on this latest
version is a real laugh.

The helicopter is very stable as it has an on board gyroscope and with a bit of practice
you can keep it in the air for many minutes and do some fun turns and stuff.

Controlling it with my iPhone is very cool indeed, and I personally think the "motion control", where
you tilt the phone to move the helicopter in that direction is the easiest way and most fun.

I like the fact that it includes everything required in the pack (so no need for batteries), and the
instruction manual is well written and easy to follow.

The 2GB included SD card, you just slot in the back of the helicopter undercarriage to and it
records the video or still camera shots onto it.

One bit of advice - when you plug the included card reader into your computer to move the
recordings to it, make sure you download a free video player called "VLC video player" as
this will make sure you do not have any codec problems playing the video. So after
getting the clip on to your computer just right click it and select "play with VLC video player".

If you have half the fun I had with this it will be money well spent. Enjoy!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 March 2013
I had the original Lightspeed ihelicopter, and when I saw this latest model with camera could not resist. Happy to report it was £40 well spent, and so much fun that 2 other people in the office ordered them so we now have 3 of the helicopter with camera models buzzing around the office whenever the boss is away!

The helicopter itself is the same as the original Lightspeed, so it flies very well and can be controlled in all directions using the free App. I have to say my preference is to use motion control, which is where you tilt the phone to control the direction of the helicopter. There are 2 buttons at the top of the Copter Controller App – One for taking snapshot photos and one for videos.

It's nice to have the 2GB free SD card included, as I did see another model on Amazon that only had a 512MB, so with this one you get to take around an hour of video on the card.

Overall it was easy to capture video and then play it on my computer, but its definitely worth following the advice in the email you get from the seller after purchase that says to download a the free VLC MEDIA PLAYER, as it plays the video way better than the standard windows player.

Things that are cool:

-Seeing people reaction caught on camera as you fly it around them
-Snapshots photos-Helicopter easy to control thanks to gyroscope
-App works well on my iPad and Samsung Galaxy
-I got around 7 mins flight time per charge
-Spares seem readily available and some were included in the box
-Everything required was included so no need to spend a few extra quid on batteries
-Like the fact 3 cam be flown at the same time. Lots of fun.

Things that could be better:

-Charge time is about 45mins, and it's so much fun can be long time to wait. I guess this is due to extra power needed to lift the camera. Think I will buy another one so can be charged while the other is in air.
-Would be awesome to see live video on the app screen, but I've seen such models for £150 plus so for £40 suppose cannot complain.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 9 January 2014
My son in law loved this. It's a truly excellent gizmo - a brilliant gadget lovers gift. After the first few gut swooping brushes with the ceiling we discovered that its almost indestructible AND it doesn't leave any carnage in its wake. The charge time is very reasonable and the flight time is quite unexpectedly long. p.s. I'm hoping Santa has one for my stocking next year!
on 9 January 2014
My 20 year old son had fun with this at Christmas and with practice it is much more controllable than some other versions. Lights are attractive too. Only cons were that the on board camera is not live but recorded and it would be good if the operating distance was further.
on 20 January 2014
The helicopter flys fast and true. Control from iphone is easy to use but does take a little practice.
Camera feature is a nice addition but quality of pics a little disappointing.
Overall good quality construction and fun to use. Recommend A+++
on 24 September 2013
I've bought similar helicopters before and they all seem to break too quickly. This one is sturdy (AND comes with spare parts!), my boyfriend has accidently crashed it several times and still not a scratch (he's had it for almost two months now). The camera is great too and I especially love that it uses an SD card (included, thank you very much) so I don't have to connect the camera to the computer and then download some special program to watch the video.

I'm very happy with this and so is my boyfriend!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 3 February 2014
Bought this for my boyfriend, chose this over others as its iphone controlled which was different, its great, really easy instructions, once he got the hang of it its like second nature, would defiantly recommend
on 11 November 2014
this helicopter is good very good its strong and can bounce of doors and thing and still come back for more ,the camera takes a good picture in still and video very clear ,for the price buy it
on 11 August 2013
apart from the charge and play time this item is really really fun to play with for all ages, was bought for a friend and they loved it so smiles all round, it is a little hard to control but with practice you can master it.
on 26 December 2013
OVERVIEW:
First of I want to say that this product is, as they say 'great bang for your buck'. It may be hard to fly at first if your a novice (like me), but once you can fly it it is a lot of fun.

THE HELICOPTER:
The helicopter is extremely durable, surviving many scrapes and crashes. I'm surprised it hasn't broken yet. It is quite fast without the 'turbo' option, but seeing as I haven't tried that option yet I can't comment. The camera is good as well, it is only good because it is 480p and not 720p, probably to keep the size of the helicopter down. The size of the helicopter is brilliant, it isn't too small nor too big, it fits perfectly on my desk which is useful, it can also fly through 'not too small gaps', while being big-enough too no loose it.

PROS:
Small
Lightweight
Fast
Durable
Cheap
Comes with spare parts

CONS:
Camera is 480p
May be hard to control for some people
Might receive a faulty transmitter like I did, so have to have it plugged into phone and the cable plugged in for it to charge

VERDICT:
Great features for the price. Extremely fun to fly, and to crash. Kids and grown-ups will love it. 5/5*