Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Kimberley Perry has a strong, powerful voice that she makes full use of on this, the second Band Perry album. The album is marketed as country, but while there is some country here, especially on the final track End of time, I suspect that a lot of listeners might dispute the categorization. However, I still think the music is of the highest quality,

The first two tracks (Better dig two, Done) are typical of most of the album and were the first two singles. Both were top ten country hits, with the former going all the way to #1. They express diametrically opposite sentiments, one being about staying together forever and the other about splitting up, but both are brilliant. Even better is the title track, which is one of the few slow songs. While seemingly written about an unnamed but specific pioneer, it could be interpreted as a tribute to pioneers everywhere and throughout history. Another highlight for me is I'm a keeper, despite the lyrics saying that the singer has brown eyes (they are blues).

For all the brilliance of the preceding tracks, I am a country fan at heart so my favourite is End of time, with the title track best of the rest in a fantastic album..
on 24 April 2013
I didn't expect anything other than an amazing album from The Band Perry and this one truely is AMAZING! I actually think it maybe better than the first one :)
on 18 July 2013
So this is Pioneer, The Band Perry's second album. Being a HUGE lover of their first self titled album, I was expecting a lot from this album. I like about half of this album. I do find that some of their lyrics have improved, whereas I also find that some of their songs are rather cheesy, but that is often to be expected in country music, which isn't an entirely bad thing!
1.Better Dig Two- I love this song. If there is one thing TBP does well, it's songs like this, I like that this song is a little dark. It's a really great song, my favourite of the album.
2.DONE.- I'm not too keen on this song. While I find the energy and amazing vocals enjoyable, I do kind of find the lyrics slightly cheesy, but it's very enjoyable.
3.Don't Let Me Be Lonely- A beautiful, intoxicating ballad. Kind of euphoric?
4.Pioneer- Another lovely mid tempo ballad, with and empowering bridge.
5.Forever Mine Nevermind- A fun song but I really don't like the 'Nanana's' at the being.
6.Night Gone Wasted- The only song I hated. I don't like the theme of the song or the sound of the song.
7.I Saw A Light- This song is a nice ballad, its peaceful.
8.Mother Like Mine- Another ballad, It's okay if you like songs like this.
9.Chainsaw- This is a song with some cheesy lyrics. But it's definitely growing on me, and I'm starting to like it.
10.I'm A Keeper- A really fun song, catchy, a good country rock song.
11.Back To Me With Out You- I found this song very okay.
12.End Of Time- Admittedly I haven't properly listened to this but from what I remember I do like it.

So bascily, if you're a Country music fan like me It's always a good add to a collection. Really Nice Cd.I guess I care about lyrics more than I should. Really amazing energy though out this though, you know TBP take their work seriously.
on 21 May 2015
Great album, a real improvement on their first album. While I like The Band Perry’s debut, this album really bring’s them to a new level imo.
The whole record is great, it has the uptempo’s like Done., Chainsaw, Night Gone Wasted & Better Dig Two and it has the ballads & Mid-tempo’s like Don’t Let Me Be Lonely, Back To Me Without You & End Of Time.
The best song on the album is the title track, Pioneer, a really uplifting folk ballad, that tells a great story.
All in all this is a must have for any country fan, though I would recommend getting the Target Exclusive version if possible. It has 4 extra tracks, Once Upon A Time, Peaches & Coraline, Lucky Ones & Gonna Be Ok.
To Be Honest I don’t know why these weren’t included on the main version of the album instead of tracks like Mother Like Mine & I’m A Keeper, which are good tracks but aren’t essential. The bonus tracks are by far the best songs on the whole album, minus the singles, Better Dig Two & Done. and the title track.
on 13 April 2013
It is a fantastic album and has a great country/rock theme throughout each song.
Follows on from the name sake first album from the Band.
Please be aware that although it looks like it is the Deluxe version, you do only get the Normal Version.
I had the problem when the CD arrived with me.
review image
on 14 June 2013
The Band Perry have made a mockery of 'the difficult second album' concept. Better than their début (a challenging task in itself) more mature song writing; more confidence; and a wonderful collection of songs. Cannot wait to see this material live. Lovely stuff!!
on 3 September 2013
This is one of the best albums I've ever listened to. What real music is, none of this modern stuff that's on the radio and I'm a teen who should love that stuff.

Can't wait to see them in a few months!
on 8 November 2013
Impossible with the albums title not to put a pun in the subject of the review. To be honest, I bought "Pioneer" before their debut CD having caught a snippet of "Better Dig Two" whilst tune hopping on YouTube. It's a great way to open an album and doesn't really let up after that. First album bought subsequently also makes great listening. If anything, I prefer The Band Perry to Lady Antebellum - they certainly deserve a more mainstream audience.
on 13 June 2013
Didn't know of this band untill I saw them interviewed on TV about a month prior to this album being on sale. They looked good & a sample track played sounded pretty good too. I bought Pioneer as soon as I could. It turns out to be one of the best albums I have purchased in a long time.
So often an album has only two or three good tracks, well not this album. Every track on this album is superb.
Go & buy it for yourself, it's a must.
VINE VOICEon 22 August 2013
Love Kimberly - her singing style and enthusiasm is so infectious. The brothers and sister group are refreshingly down to earth, warm and polite in interviews and love being on stage. Kimberly sings her heart out and is one of those amazing vocalists who sound exactly the same live as on record.

Greeat CD. Fav track is 'I am a Keeper'.